I just updated (10-Jan-2007) the UniMesh plugins for MilkShape with some enhancements that are as useful to (some) object meshing as they are to body/clothing/hair mesh work. The UniMesh plugins are a set of free add-ons for MilkShape that are designed to specifically work with The Sims 2 meshes.
The newly updated (V4.07) plugins do a much better job of importing all the morphs than the old ones did, and can manage four morphs per group. They will also allow you to retain the needed mesh support for bumpmapping, or to add that support to a mesh which didn't already have it (configurable on a group-by-group basis).
For the last year these have been posted and maintained in the BodyShop meshing area, but they are for object meshes also. I don't want to even think about them being posted in two different places, so they will remain posted just here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...7709#post987709
If you have questions or comments, posting them in the same thread with the download means I will notice them sooner, becasuse that is always my first stop when I visit MTS2.
Wes I'm having some very strange problems with this newest plugin when creating foods.
I have no idea how or why but the "none" state morph keeps changing on me.
I create the food mesh, create the half eaten and completely eaten states. all is well. I export the mesh with the plugin. If I import it into SimPE (or import into a new/empty Milkshape file to check) the "none" morph is almost a duplicate of the half eaten one. I have tried this more than 20 times this morning and it doesn't seem to be something I'm doing different than I have in the past but everytime I look at the exported file the 2nd morph is messed up, yet my original is correct.
I just reinstalled milkshape with the 4.05a plugin and with this it works correctly?
Oh, in case it matters I'm using the lunchmeat sandwich morphs and it seems to especially happen with the serve ones
There are changes in how the morphs are numbered between the 4.06 and the 4.07 versions (there was also some extensive work done that is not easily visible). What you can do is import the original mesh with the 4.07 importer, look at the MORPHMOD names and not what digits are on the tail end (.0, .1, etc.).
Then make sure your saved file is numbered that way (you shouldn't have to remake the mesh).
Also, the exporter should be 4.07A, although the symptoms you describe do not sound related to the changes made to the newer exporter plugin.
If none of that helps, then I would like to look at the broken mesh, if you care to post it.