Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 5:23 PM
URGENT NEED!!! Body shop not opening!
ok, i'm trying to stay calm. i have all the expansion packs exept uni and AL.
i only have the celebration stuff pack. at first when i clicked the body shop button, it would not open. under task manager, nothing was running, but under 'processes' there was a 'body shop'. so i downloaded the "Pets" body shop patch. now it runs, but when the main loading bar is full, it freezes! I'm about to die here! ANY help at all greatly appreciated !

Girl Addicted To Sims
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 6:43 PM
Try going to the last expansion pack you installed and try the one there.I had the same prob and that worked for me.
Banned
#3 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 7:31 PM
click on your start bottom. go to all programs. look for EA GAMES. and click on the LAST expansion pack you had installed and so down where you see Sims 2 Body Shop. and wait for awhile
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 9:25 PM
Reinstall.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2dgkjg9.jpg

Damn straight Lilith's Godsword DOSE bring teh noobs to teh yard!

Lilith is my favourite k? No questions pls :)
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 10:35 PM
Same prob, I click. I wait. I sit. i stare. still no body shop anywhere. Ugggh so annoying!!!!
Not actually evil.
#6 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 4:52 AM
Did you delete all cache files? They frequently get corrupted and can prevent BodyShop from starting. They can also prevent things from displaying correctly if BodyShop does start. I just delete them each time before I run BodyShop, they're that bad.

Go to My Documents/EA Games/TheSims2. You may see a groups cache, accessory cache, and maybe a third cache file whose name I don't recall. Delete all three of them. You may only see one cache file, or two. Just nuke any cache files you see. You should now be able to start Body Shop. You don't have to delete the cigen file, that's Body Shop image thumbnails, but it won't hurt anything if you do delete it too. Deleting cigen just makes BodyShop regenerate all thumbnails.

---------

edit: Oops, didn't notice how old this thread is. Feel silly now.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 5:25 PM
i have same problem
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Did you delete all cache files? They frequently get corrupted and can prevent BodyShop from starting. They can also prevent things from displaying correctly if BodyShop does start. I just delete them each time before I run BodyShop, they're that bad.

Go to My Documents/EA Games/TheSims2. You may see a groups cache, accessory cache, and maybe a third cache file whose name I don't recall. Delete all three of them. You may only see one cache file, or two. Just nuke any cache files you see. You should now be able to start Body Shop. You don't have to delete the cigen file, that's Body Shop image thumbnails, but it won't hurt anything if you do delete it too. Deleting cigen just makes BodyShop regenerate all thumbnails.

---------

edit: Oops, didn't notice how old this thread is. Feel silly now.

maybe an old thread but BS wont open, last pack was university, i did as was told but still nothing, so i reinstalled Uni still nothing