Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
2 people viewing

Mandelyn

There are also 1 guests viewing too.

Replies: 218 (Who?), Viewed: 124983 times.
Page 9 of 9
Mad Poster
staff: retired moderator
#201 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 1:55 PM
Miuki you're a hero. I just had a question about those today, came here to give a young CAW user the link, and you'd done their work for them. ^_^

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#202 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 10:03 PM
Thank you kiwi_tea, I'm glad it's useful.
I wonder why didn't EA enabled this decor for CAW it in the first place.

Noone expects the spanish inquisition!
My simblr and my downloads blog .
Test Subject
#203 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 2:47 PM
Thanks very much for this stuff. So useful.

Unfortunately the latest patch (for island paradise Jun 2013) has stopped the Riverview DT from showing up in CAW. Would it be possible for you to update the resource please?

Typically, my world relies heavily on the DT and I decided to install the patch just before uploading and installing it!!... If you could help it would be much appreciated.
Test Subject
#204 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 8:11 PM
AAAHHHH never mind. I was stupid and forgot to replace the resource file post-update!!
Lab Assistant
#205 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 5:49 PM
Hello! I thought I could contribute somehow to this wonderful thread and send you CAW-enabled Boardwalk Bench from Seasons EP. I hope it works well for you!

By the way, I was wondering if it would be possible to change the texture of that bench into that darker one created by EA? If so, is there any tutorial that explains how to do it? Thanks in advance!
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: rar BoardwalkBench.rar (1.9 KB, 80 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#206 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 1:26 AM
I waited for Island Paradise before downloading the latest CAW tool. I thought that the latest EP would be a good place to start creating the world I want. I have played around with CAW since they first released it and have successfully placed CC into my package folder. I downloaded the resource file from the tut (to lazy to go through the procedure myself lol), many thanks for that btw. Now the crunch cc not showing, have searched both here and on the net, but can find no reason why this should be so. I am older simmer and fairly computer illiterate so be kind lol.
Instructor
#207 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 3:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturley
I waited for Island Paradise before downloading the latest CAW tool. I thought that the latest EP would be a good place to start creating the world I want. I have played around with CAW since they first released it and have successfully placed CC into my package folder. I downloaded the resource file from the tut (to lazy to go through the procedure myself lol), many thanks for that btw. Now the crunch cc not showing, have searched both here and on the net, but can find no reason why this should be so. I am older simmer and fairly computer illiterate so be kind lol.


Did you follow the instructions here http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:CAW_Framework ? (The trick is that you have to do both of these things - edit the resource.cfg file and create the "Packages" folder in your C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) CAW directory - not in My Documents.) That, of course, is provided you are using Windows OS? Once you've created the "Packages" folder, you must put all the "unlocked" or CC items into the "Packages" folder in the Program File CAW directory. "Unlocked" or custom terrain paints go into My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool\UserToolData\SourceTextures, but I don't think you're having a problem with that? Hope this helps!
Test Subject
#208 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 4:15 AM
Thanks for replying. I will answer yes to all the questions asked. I have had packages installed and working fine in other versions of CAW. They just do not work since I downloaded the new version of CAW and since installing 1.55 and Island Paradise.

No worries decided to download CAW tool again and reinstall, went through the whole process again, everything working fine now. Do not know what was wrong previously but thanks everyone cheers.
Field Researcher
#209 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 10:40 PM
I apologise if this is a nooby question but I am honestly at my wit's end. I simply can't get the Riverview bridges package to show up in my CAW, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both types of the package countless times to no avail. Iv'e updated both my game and CAW, edited my resource.cfg and even resorted to using a premade packages folder/resource.cfg just to ensure that I'm doing it right and still no luck.

I have other custom content showing up fine in CAW, and I know I've been able to get the package to work before. Anyone have any idea why it's not working now?
Theorist
#210 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 5:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BourgeoisBanana
I apologise if this is a nooby question but I am honestly at my wit's end. I simply can't get the Riverview bridges package to show up in my CAW, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both types of the package countless times to no avail. Iv'e updated both my game and CAW, edited my resource.cfg and even resorted to using a premade packages folder/resource.cfg just to ensure that I'm doing it right and still no luck.

I have other custom content showing up fine in CAW, and I know I've been able to get the package to work before. Anyone have any idea why it's not working now?


I made them available earlier, if I remember right you have to enable them to show up in caw metadata. It's very simple really, no meshing and such. Just S3PE needed. Tutorial somewhere in the tutorial section or on the wiki - how to enable objects to show up in caw metadata. Sorry for being so lazy
Slow is my MO
staff: administrator
#211 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 5:58 PM
Perhaps this tutorial? http://modthesims.info/t/453818

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
#212 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 8:42 PM
I suppose I'll have to do it myself, my problem is that Simsample has already modded them to show up in the metadata (link on the first page) but I can't get the .package to work.
Field Researcher
#213 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
It's a tricky one to spot, that parking space- in case anyone else is having issues, it looks like this:

The thumbnail is nothing like it looks in-game!

You may be right about the mod- mine is exactly as the original version except for the catalog placement.


Well, I just recently re-added all this stuff (post HD crash), and mostly, it's all there, in game at least. I haven't checked in CAW yet. I located the food truck itself in, of all places, outdoor activities, sorted by room. I can't locate the parking space anywhere! Is that because I am in-game, and not in CAW? As stated, not sure if it's all there now or not. I did download everything again, and set up the symbiotic link as before, and amended the resource file, as before, so hoping that is all good. Can we actually get the space for the food truck in-game? I don't think I ever tried before the crash.
Instructor
#214 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 5:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGreenEyes649
Well, I just recently re-added all this stuff (post HD crash), and mostly, it's all there, in game at least. I haven't checked in CAW yet. I located the food truck itself in, of all places, outdoor activities, sorted by room. I can't locate the parking space anywhere! Is that because I am in-game, and not in CAW? As stated, not sure if it's all there now or not. I did download everything again, and set up the symbiotic link as before, and amended the resource file, as before, so hoping that is all good. Can we actually get the space for the food truck in-game? I don't think I ever tried before the crash.


This is what it says in post # 3
"These require Late Night EP.

Food Truck and Parking Space
These show up in the buydebug Miscellaneous menu. Please note that they cannot be deleted once placed, as per game design. If you are using in a 'Suburb' world then the trucks will be parked and will disappear/ reappear occasionally. To make them drive around it seems that you need a 'City' such as Bridgeport. Discussion on that in this thread, please read the entire thread before you do anything! I've found that in a large world you will need several trucks/ parking spaces to get a good result- I used 15 in Sunset Valley. The truck is CASt enabled."

I don't believe that they show up in CAW. The buydebug menu is a question mark that only displays in "sort by function" menu. Do you know how to get the "buydebug" menu? Hope that helps!
Field Researcher
#215 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 8:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmyRN
This is what it says in post # 3
"These require Late Night EP.

Food Truck and Parking Space
These show up in the buydebug Miscellaneous menu. Please note that they cannot be deleted once placed, as per game design. If you are using in a 'Suburb' world then the trucks will be parked and will disappear/ reappear occasionally. To make them drive around it seems that you need a 'City' such as Bridgeport. Discussion on that in this thread, please read the entire thread before you do anything! I've found that in a large world you will need several trucks/ parking spaces to get a good result- I used 15 in Sunset Valley. The truck is CASt enabled."

I don't believe that they show up in CAW. The buydebug menu is a question mark that only displays in "sort by function" menu. Do you know how to get the "buydebug" menu? Hope that helps!


As I stated, "Well, I just recently re-added all this stuff (post HD crash), and mostly, it's all there, in game at least. I haven't checked in CAW yet. I located the food truck itself in, of all places, outdoor activities, sorted by room. I can't locate the parking space anywhere! Is that because I am in-game, and not in CAW? As stated, not sure if it's all there now or not. I did download everything again, and set up the symbiotic link as before, and amended the resource file, as before, so hoping that is all good. Can we actually get the space for the food truck in-game? I don't think I ever tried before the crash. " I know before my HD crashed, I DID have them in CAW, and they worked just fine, but I haven't checked that yet since re-installing these items. In CAW then, they showed up in the "edit in game" mode, under the "buydebug" (yes, very familiar with that). Now, I can locate the food truck itself in the "outdoor activities" section in game (NOT in CAW), but not the parking space. In the past, both were in the "buydebug" section in the CAW edit-in-game mode, as well as in the game itself. Now, the parking space isn't there at all, and the truck is not in "buydebug", but in outdoor activities. I thought it was completely missing until looking for something else there, and spotting it. I was able to place the truck on a regular large parking space, but I don't know if it will even function properly that way. Why it isn't in "buydebug", I can't imagine. It's the same in game and in CAW now; the truck is in "outdoor activities", and the parking space is missing. The picnic cloth, however, is in "buydebug", exactly where it belongs.
Test Subject
#216 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 12:51 AM
Hello,

I was hoping somebody could help me out here. I went through all the instruction on this page in hopes of getting just a couple of items to use in CAW. Unfortunately nothing is showing up in CAW. I edited my config file as shown ( and yes it is correct, I triple checked). I created the Packages folder in the CAW directory, then extracted the package file to it. And just to make sure I extracted the in game file to the Mods/packages folder in my Sims3 directory. Yet still no Farm distant terrain, or anything else I downloaded for that matter.

I am running Win 8 and my game is run through Origins, kind of. I have the original game installed via CD along with Pets and Island Paradise- limited edition. Ambitions and Late night were installed via Origin. This has caused me some grief with CAW already. I had to move my CAW to the Origins games folder just to get it to work, and I can not edit in game because of origin.

Does anybody have any information that will be helpful to me?

Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#217 Old 26th May 2014 at 6:54 AM
Thank you so much!!! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#218 Old 27th May 2014 at 12:15 AM
Default Unlocked 7 ITF items for World Editor
7 ITF items for world editor. Also available in (By Function) Vehicles Cars, Decor Misc.

Parked Cars x3
Storage Cylinders x2
Abandoned Mine
Wind Turbine


Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: rar Unlocked ITF Hood Stuff - TizerisT.rar (873 Bytes, 14 downloads) - View custom content

TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#219 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 7:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM
Hello,

I am running Win 8 and my game is run through Origins, kind of. I have the original game installed via CD along with Pets and Island Paradise- limited edition. Ambitions and Late night were installed via Origin. This has caused me some grief with CAW already. I had to move my CAW to the Origins games folder just to get it to work, and I can not edit in game because of origin.



I don't have an answer for you but... I have about 1/2 my games with CDs and 1/2 w/Origin and, while I've not really used CAW much since purchasing the Origin games, the times I have it seems to work. I can also edit in game. I know CAW can be finicky - have you tried removing it and reinstalling? (I know how much I hate it when people ask me that same question but, I guess there's a reason...LOL) I had to do a complete reinstall of TS3 when I saved while my houseboat was away from port and it completely borked the game re:MasterController so I don't know if that is why CAW seems to be working for me. (Origin already on board.)

As for these items, while I'd love to be able to place them in CAW, it sounds as though you aren't able to decrapify if you do this. I've not decrapified (scares the **** out of me but it does seem like it can help) but I want the option in case I need it.
Page 9 of 9
Back to top

Section jump