Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Summer Movie Night - posted on 13th Jun 2018 at 10:07 PM
Replies: 205 (Who?), Viewed: 60747 times.
Page 9 of 9
Theorist
#201 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 2:27 PM
Marijuana should be legal, and it should be regulated so that all quantities of marijuana contain no more than 1% marijuana. This regulation will prevent shortages and allow wide availability across the US. Batches specifically packaged for recreational use should be chemically treated to have all the thc removed.
Alchemist
#202 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 11:20 AM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 29th Nov 2017 at 1:20 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoosh Malooka
Marijuana should be legal, and it should be regulated so that all quantities of marijuana contain no more than 1% marijuana. This regulation will prevent shortages and allow wide availability across the US. Batches specifically packaged for recreational use should be chemically treated to have all the thc removed.

Then there's no point for customers to buy it, especially for recreational use, since recreational use means that the people who buy it want to get high. Marijuana with with a low to no thc content already exsists, and it contains more cbd which is (or includes) the pain reducing chemical without the thc high.
Removing thc from weed would only create unnecessary costs for no profit, since plants for rec. are bred to contain higher amounts of thc. You'd need to breed a new one or genetically modify existing seeds for them to contain low thc content, since no one would want to smoke chemically altered weed.

Up, M'Lady, pack your things // This place is not your home
#203 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 6:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fry
Well this debate is about the use of marijuana and should it be legal....

Im starting this debate just to see what people's views on marijuana is...

I will start off the post with my opinion on this subject...

AND Even though the debate forum rules say not to argue im just re-instating it in this post:

PLEASE NO FLAME WARS JUST A PEACEFUL, CIVILIZED, DISCUSSION on this subject...

So dont be afraid to voice your opinion on this subject :P

I honestly believe that it depends on the use of marijuana. For example, my father and people I know take medical marijuana to help with anxiety, pain, etc. It can be helpful for people who need it. Other then that, I'm not too sure. I've never really enjoyed marijuana, I tried it once and had a bad experience.
Test Subject
#204 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 3:57 PM
I support legalising it. I have a circadian rhythm disorder and have gone days without sleeping. My choices are sleeping pills called "Z-Class" drugs, which can cause depression, and spikes one's cancer risk. In rare cases, they can cause someone to simply stop breathing and die during sleep. Another choice I was offered was to go to a hospital three times a week to be checked in and given Propophol. This is the drug that killed Michael Jackson, and is used off label for sleep disorders despite it being a heavy anesthesia used in surgery.

Or, I can smoke a bit of weed at night and sleep like a baby. Why should I be at risk for going to prison because I choose to treat my insomnia naturally instead of with heavy synthetic drugs that are not safe? I'm 25 years old. The government, or politicians, or hand-wringing "concerned parents against maryjuuwannaa" have no right to decide how I ought to treat my medical issues. I'm an adult.
Test Subject
#205 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 4:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzemOcram
I still think there should be laws against public intoxication of marijuana and laws against smoking it in public buildings. There needs to be a good test on blood-thc level when driving. Marijuana is somewhat less dangerous than alcohol and cigarettes combined but it still impairs judgment and no one likes second-hand smoke.

--Ocram

A marijuana high lasts about two hours, but THC stays in the blood stream for forty days. This would mean anyone who uses it would not be allowed to drive for 2.5 months after smoking once. It also means people who smoke for medical conditions would be banned from driving entirely, further limiting their independence. There is no evidence that being high causes a person to drive worse.

Marijuana is not "Somewhat less dangerous than alcohol and tobacco combined". It is substantially less dangerous than both. Alcohol is a neurotoxin, and a nervous system depressant. Drinking too much at once can kill you, and excessive drinking over time causes devastating internal damage. People who are alcoholics can actually die from withdrawal if it is not done properly. In contrast, there is no such thing as a THC overdose. It had never happened.

Cigarettes are filled with over 2000 chemicals. In addition, nicotine is a stimulant that has an addiction intensity similar to cocaine. One in two cigarette smokers will die of a smoking related disease.

The amount of propaganda around weed is insane.
Test Subject
#206 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 9:29 PM
Make it Legal!
Page 9 of 9