Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 2 (Who?), Viewed: 4327 times.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 9:57 PM Last edited by telefen : 10th Dec 2011 at 10:25 PM. Reason: more question
Default adjusting cataloge ratings question.
hi. I'm fairly new to objects and i had a question. I cloned something and as i'm observing the raw data under main OBJD, I see the fun has a value of 0x0001. Does increasing that number increase the fun?, and also i want to increase the comfort ,energy,hygien and stop the sim using it from getting too hungry. Do i put a random number at the end of the four digit number like a 4 or 5?. can someone help me out on this?

Second question: if this is correct, can I apply the same principal for any object ? For example: I want my sim to have more fun interacting with the radiator when warming themself or having more energy using exercise equipment.
I also wonder if my mesh has more than one part under OBJD like the main& it's other two sub-components,if I change a let's say fun i have to trigger the decimal botton first right? and then if I change fun to 4, do I have to change the same value in those other OBJD components as well? (I mean part 0.0&1.0) Thank you,
Advertisement
*shrugs*
staff: moderator
#2 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 12:08 AM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 11th Dec 2011 at 12:19 AM.
The motive ratings in the catalog (as adjusted in the OBJD) are purely decorative. It's just to show the player that, for example, Comfort will go up by 2 when the item is used. I think for EA objects, typically, the value that is used to change the motive can be found stored in a BCON, which are places to hold values for BHAVs (interactions) to use. Changing the value in the BCON would change the actual value used when the motive change is made, referencing the BCON to get that value. To change the Sim behavior (and to change what actual motive is affected) you will likely need to edit the BHAVs. If you have never worked with BHAVs, start here.

It may be worth mentioning that usually objects refer to their semi-globals for common interactions or values. So a cloned chair will pull information/values from the "Chairs" semi-global group.

I'm not sure I understand the second question.Yes, selecting the decimal button will show values in base ten (the normal numbers we work with), as opposed to hexadecimal or binary. You will have more than one OBJD for multi-tile objects, but I think the main or "master" OBJD is what matters in terms of the catalog placement and info (the others store the GUIDS for the other tiles). But again, that won't have an actual effect other than the appearance in the catalog.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 1:12 AM
Thank you very much for this info. It sure seems like exploring new territory. I'll keep that in mind however. Thanks

Section jump