Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 17 (Who?), Viewed: 6929 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 3:31 PM
Default Favorite movie?
What is your favorite movie? The one you can watch repeatedly and never get tired of. For me my favorite movie is John Carpenter's The Thing. Such an awesome movie that really gives you that feeling of isolation and paranoia. The special effects are really impressive too, even to this day in the age of CGI. speaking of which, the so called prequel didn't impress me all too much in fact I was highly disappointed.

is proud not to be a fracking idiot

Simmerful on Tumblr

Simmerful Downloads
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 3:33 PM
The Nightmare Before Christmas - because it was my nighty-night moving growing up. The downside of that is, if I try to watch it in my adulthood - I friggin' fall asleep.

I don't have one favorite though; I just can't name anymore off the top of my head. /lazy +1
Theorist
#3 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 3:50 PM
Inception. So dazzlingly mind-bending I can almost always discover hidden aspects of the story and concept I didn't notice before.

I can also watch Death Note movies several times, but it's usually just to compensate for the mangas (which I don't have, and I'm too lazy to read online). Not as good as the latter though...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 7:17 PM
I keep hearing about Inception but I haven't seen it yet, but it does sound like a cool movie that I would probably love. Another movie I haven't seen is Ed Wood or Donnie Darko and I've heard good things about those too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigaRevival
The Nightmare Before Christmas - because it was my nighty-night moving growing up. The downside of that is, if I try to watch it in my adulthood - I friggin' fall asleep.

I don't have one favorite though; I just can't name anymore off the top of my head. /lazy +1

Ah that movie brings back fond memories of my childhood where my sister and I acted like retards,
she would make fun of it, keep rewinding the scene where Sally jumps out of the window, we'd both laugh and our parents would scream at us to knock it off and go to sleep.
Good movie though, lots of catchy songs.

is proud not to be a fracking idiot

Simmerful on Tumblr

Simmerful Downloads
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 8:22 PM
All time favorite movie? Whew that is a hard one. Really it is, over time I've grown to love and hate a lot of movies. But all time?

Love My Life

Its a live action adaption of Love My Life the Manga. Its an amazing movie and Manga series. The adaption of homosexual relationships in Japan. Its actually, beautiful. Though most had/have to live in the closet, they do not let that get them down. They show off their love with pride, to each other, and their close friends. I do love this movie. And now, I must watch it again

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Scholar
#6 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 12:22 AM
Rush Hour 2.
#7 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 4:21 AM
Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
Scholar
#8 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 4:24 PM
See- favorites are tricky. I recently saw my brother's favorite movie, "The Machinist" and it was really good.

I dunno if there's one movie I can call my "favorite". I'm dumb like that. I really liked "I'm A Cyborg But That's Okay." and "El Laberinto Del Fauno".

My friend was ragging on me for liking that movie recently.
"Pff, yeah I get it. they're all muppets. Tch. soooo much symbolism OoooOOooOohh. Del Toro should stick to Hellboy." Then he slipped on his cool-guy shades and rode off into the sunset with on his motorcycle, with a cigarette and a leather jacket.

But, I still like the movie. Especially the scene with the giant toad.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 6:21 PM
After watching the movie...Another favorite move is is

Underworld: Awakening

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Scholar
#10 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 2:00 AM
It's a toss up between My Man Godfrey and a couple of the Thin Man movies. On the other hand, I really have a soft spot for Creator (1985) with Peter O'Toole and Mariel Hemingway, not to mention a very young Virginia Madsen and Vincent Spano.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 3:40 AM
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Swedish version). I saw it on Netflix a couple of days ago, and I've watched it close to a hundred times since then. Noomi Rapace is such a good actress in it, I wish she would come over here and teach a few of these American actresses how it's done.
Test Subject
#12 Old 30th May 2012 at 7:31 PM
Finding Nemo
Shrek
Monster Inc.
And many others
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 30th May 2012 at 8:11 PM
Quarantine. There's a virus (Hydrophbia) but in an extreme mutation. The building is totally closed from the outside and everyone who tries to escape gets killed so the virus can't escape from the building. People who get infected (within minutes) immidiatly die or become zombie-like people. In one scene there's a firefighter who's infected by a bite in his leg. You can see his bones and he's standing there, staring at the people in hallway ready to attack, while his foot is slowly nods. It's awesome and disgusting at the same time.

The whole movie is filmed like it's live on-air.
I'd reccomend the movie to those who like scary, disgusting, intesive movies.
(it's 16+)

Caring little prick. Slightly psychopatic. Barely used. Madly in love.
Caution!: Likes to provoke.

Roots in a Pentagram
Forum Resident
#14 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 9:06 AM
Gone With the Wind, Steel Magnolias, and Commando.
Scholar
#15 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 2:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankokomando
Rush Hour 2.

Is that the one where Jackie Chan says "I will bish slap you all the way to ahfrica," or does he not pick up those lines until Rush Hour 3?
Instructor
#16 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 4:00 AM
Mean Girls

Me and my old friend used to have a thing where we would always watch Mean Girls when we'd have a sleepover. It NEVER got old.

♫ She's got sunset on her breath, I inhaled just a little bit now I got no fear of death ♫
Forum Resident
#17 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 7:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piggypeach
Mean Girls

Me and my old friend used to have a thing where we would always watch Mean Girls when we'd have a sleepover. It NEVER got old.

I like Mean Girls also. I don't like Mean Girls 2, it can't even touch the original.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 6th Jul 2012 at 11:46 PM
She's the Man is an EPIC film!! It is just sooooo funny and me and my friend know all the quotes and.....oh it's just amazing!! Hahaha!

OR

Moulin Rouge! It's so freakin beautiful and funny and sad and happy ALL at the same time I love the songs and the costumes, and Nicole Kidman is so dang beautiful!

Call me Kisses, darling.
Living without you is like TV in black and white

Section jump