Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Seasons and Celebrations - posted on 1st Oct 2017 at 1:52 PM
Replies: 4789 (Who?), Viewed: 280015 times.
Page 192 of 192
Inventor
#4776 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 3:02 AM
Was your event timed? Mine was... don't know if that makes a difference or not.

<---(My avatar is my self-sim and me!) If you want to see my sims creations/families/pictures/available sims visit here: https://mysimcreationsblog.wordpress.com/ As I will no longer be very active on teh forums! :D
Lab Assistant
#4777 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 1:18 AM
I noticed today that my sim kids gain creativity points when they "make a mess," even while they are losing responsibility points.
Lab Assistant
#4778 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 8:46 PM Last edited by Duncan Disorderly : 10th Oct 2017 at 8:47 PM. Reason: typo
I discovered Cats and Dogs costs an arm and a leg.

34 frikkin 99! For dogs made of pixels!

My actual dog is free!

RUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!!!
Smeg Head
#4779 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 11:11 PM
Well, something that's probably been delved into before, but this is the longstanding thread where it's worth mentioning. Where the time zone of the game effects your perception of real life time, which results in embarrassment as you feel a little disconnected to real life.

What I mean is, this very afternoon I got myself tidied up, prettyfied and presentable for an important interview, and rushed off to it, buying an expensive bus travel card and everything. Only to find I was a day early. Only because all day yesterday and much into the night, I was game testing and working on a mod over and over, and in game it was a Tuesday over and over and over - like Groundhog Day. I was at it relentlessly until I was falling asleep on my keyboard - Neo fashion from the Matrix. Then I woke up, got cleaned up, shaved, ironed a shirt, even tied a frikken tie - the works. Then scooted my ass off to interview, only to find out I was a whole day early. It was not Wednesday in the real world. The Groundhog Day in the sims testing over and over threw me way off course. So now I have to go back to the interview tomorrow on the actual real time Wednesday in the real world (feeling somewhat embarrassed) and explain this shit. How is The Sims ever an appropriate excuse for anything? Well for me, tomorrow, it has to be...

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Inventor
#4780 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 11:59 PM
I discovered that dad can still gain parenting skill while mentoring his adult son in violin.

OH and this is IMPORTANT. DO you like to keep tents on your property for the odd fun camping night or just to woohoo but it annoys the living crap out of you when your sims autonomously go to sleep in the tent every night instead of tucked into their warm beds? I discovered that if you grab some grabbable (inventory storable stuff) camping gear and just put it in front of the entrance to the tent, the sims will no longer do this. No whining about routing errors. The path will be blocked, so they'll automatically go to their own beds. If you want to use the tent, just move the grabbable item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan Disorderly
I discovered Cats and Dogs costs an arm and a leg.

£34 frikkin 99! For dogs made of pixels!

My actual dog is free!

We had a free cat once... found him in the mall parking lot. Then we had to get him neutered, and then there was the time he punctured his bone, and then the time he had an intestinal blockage from a hairball... so much for free. LOL

<---(My avatar is my self-sim and me!) If you want to see my sims creations/families/pictures/available sims visit here: https://mysimcreationsblog.wordpress.com/ As I will no longer be very active on teh forums! :D
Forum Resident
#4781 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 3:56 AM
Just accidently found if you take a teen with a Picky Eater Phrase to a restaurant, they will take only 1 bite, get up, go immediately home with a sad moodlet and they will only waste your money.
Mad Poster
#4782 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 11:03 AM
I've never figured out how to manage the picky eater phase. The game suggests letting them pick out their own food, but when they do that, they still get sad over what they're eating. Mabye cheats are the best answer or just cereal.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
#4783 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
Mabye cheats are the best answer or just cereal.

Cereal and yogurt seem to work for most cases of picky eater. Which makes sense to me; I still go through cereal-and-yogurt phases in my 40s.
Inventor
#4784 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 7:22 PM
I think pancakes, french toast and mac and cheese are safe too. Comfort type foods. None of that fancy food. lol

Forum Resident
#4785 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 5:20 PM
I've noticed how quite annoying living in an apartment next to a single household sim. He knocks on my door about 6 or 7 times a day, if i'm cooking or singing karaoke he be knocking on the door wanting to join the action. He seems to check his mailbox more than 10 times a day too,he virtually lives out in the foyer than his own place. then it kind of makes sense, without any other households members in his apartment he's obviously got nothing better to do.
Test Subject
#4786 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 2:59 AM
Bob and Eliza Pancakes actually don't sleep together. They have different rooms. Oddly enough in-game the couple gets along just fine, and the relationship is high.

ghosts dont exist. you just die then you're faced with eternal nothingness. it's gonna be great.
- Max
Inventor
#4787 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 8:23 AM
Ive noticed that young adults who have grown up with the Parenthood Pack, (and received traits, done school projects) will repair broken objects autonomously. Becareful! They don't necessarily have the skill high enough to not get electrocuted, so keep an eye on those ones.

Lab Assistant
#4788 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 4:35 PM Last edited by Duncan Disorderly : 14th Oct 2017 at 4:51 PM. Reason: added text
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidergirl79

We had a free cat once... found him in the mall parking lot. Then we had to get him neutered, and then there was the time he punctured his bone, and then the time he had an intestinal blockage from a hairball... so much for free. LOL

My last Rottie, Bullit R.I.P. had cataracts due to his diabetes and it cost us a small fortune to have them removed. So, I totally get what you're saying.

Speaking of cats. When I discovered the price, I jumped in my seat and scared the cat, who had been sleeping in my lap. Suddenly startled, he woke in a panic, dug his claws in my legs, narrowly missing... precious cargo. Then, he leapt from my lap and ran out the back door.

The really odd thing is, I don't own a cat. 0.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolspear1
Well, something that's probably... ...tomorrow, it has to be...

Epic story. Laughed my head off. The only thing I have experienced, in terms of a game, was when I used to play WoW. I played with a tightknit group for over 6 years and we used to raid, 2 - 3 times a week. One night after a raid, when I went to bed, I dreamt in WoW format. When I mentioned it to my guildmates, I found I wasn't alone. As time went by, the people who had not shared these WoW format dreams eventually had it happen to them. lol

RUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!!!
Test Subject
#4789 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 7:38 PM
When a sim is tense, when they mold clay they will pound on it instead of squishing it calmly. Just an animation difference but I never noticed it.

ghosts dont exist. you just die then you're faced with eternal nothingness. it's gonna be great.
- Max
Test Subject
#4790 Old Today at 5:40 PM
I'm realizing that I haven't done a thing to maintain the relationship of my current husband and wife sims. They're on that like a pair of lovebird bosses.
Page 192 of 192