Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 7:30 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Sim's items are missing or disappeared (inventory glitch?)
Hello, folks. I've read and tried the FAQ and searching about this but haven't found a fix for this. Would appreciate any suggestions.

I have a klepto Sim who has accumulated a bunch of items. The other day, I noticed that some of the objects she had stolen were gone. Thinking I must've forgotten to save the session when she stole the items, I checked the place where the items had been originally (all in the Goth house in Sunset Valley). They were missing, so my Sim had stolen those items. Thinking I'd sold them by mistake, I loaded a slightly earlier save (when my Sim still had the items) to check the amount of money the Sim had. The missing items total at least $1,000 or $2,000, but my Sim's balance hadn't increased by anywhere near that amount between the two saves.

So what happened to those items??

The only other possibility I can think of is that I placed the items in the inventory to rearrange them and something happened. This has happened to me before, when I was playing the Goths in another saved game--when I tried to place an item in the inventory, that item would just disappear. But I was very careful this time (this game is for a challenge so I'm trying to be extra-cautious), so I probably would have noticed it if the inventory was glitching at that point.

Back to Sims after a 2-year hiatus!

Blogs, to be resurrected once I get a new graphics card load TS3 on my new computer:
STEALIE NICKS Klepto King Challenge (updated 9/16/14)
THE HOUSE OF MOODICI (the Altos' Renaissance in Riverview)

my EA forums page
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 6:19 PM
have you seen this? Game Help:Inventory Issues its an overview of inventory related issues and possible solutions. maybe it helps

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 7:50 PM
Thank you, shmovese. When the inventory thing happened with the Goths, restarting fixed the problem. This time around, though, I'm not even sure if it's an inventory issue. I should try all the steps listed in that FAQ (at the moment, though, I'm too nervous to try and do anything with the game )

Back to Sims after a 2-year hiatus!

Blogs, to be resurrected once I get a new graphics card load TS3 on my new computer:
STEALIE NICKS Klepto King Challenge (updated 9/16/14)
THE HOUSE OF MOODICI (the Altos' Renaissance in Riverview)

my EA forums page
Forum Resident
#4 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:41 PM
nervous... i say you are cautious. and thats good but i say you have to go through a lot of the steps mentioned there...

after reading i suggest: patch to 1.67 and check if that alone helps. if not get the nraas mods that help you having a "cleaner" game. cross out if incompatible mods are causing your inventory to be glitchy and last see if there are better options for you if you enjoy EAs story progression feature.

workarounds with links:
1. inventory related bugs have been adressed in EA patches. see if patching to the latest patch helps first
2. help your game to stay "clean" with the mods mentioned: i recommend those from nraas . the support is friendly and the mods are well-modded. i use error trap, overwatch and master controller myself and they are really an enhancement! so the second thing is try if using overwatch and error trap help to avoid such stupid glitches in the future. try if master controllers function to sort your inventory help you in your actual case. maybe there is something stuck? you are able to delete it with master controller then.
3. the check if cc (incompatible mods) affect your inventory is important. check if the mods you use are for your game version and if you need to patch make sure that you update your game hacks for 1.67!
4. if you are a fan of maxis story progression feature and switched families (third cause) and encountered that bug afterwards think twice if using one of the recommended mods for Story Progression is what you want. i say: you find friendlier support at nraas! but its up to you again. also Story Progression is a huge mod that needs capacities and is better inly used on computers that can handle sims 3 very stable + smooth

if you re-arrange mods (patching - cc compatability test) dont forget to delete the script cache, better all the five caches

if you have a mod that adresses inventory or the clepto trait in any form check them first of course. maybe they are outdated or conflict with other mods you have

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th May 2017 at 12:50 PM
its weird that an item just suddenly vanish and its not even in my inventory, no repo man, no robber either... this just happened to me right at this very moment.