Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#2126 Old 21st Feb 2023 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by geerchsim88
Thank you very much for pointing out EA's support thread. It seems not to be a generalized issue, or at least it goes unnoticed by most players. For the moment, instead of slotting, the solution seems to be raising and lowering objects with the "move objects" cheat on, to line them up at the desired height and place. This is not an easy task without a "disable slotting on alt" cheat, not to mention the fact each height increase step is very big, resulting in floating objects.

TwistedMexi's T.O.O.L. mod might also help with this, although there's a bit of a learning curve to use it.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2127 Old 23rd Feb 2023 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dikosay
TwistedMexi's T.O.O.L. mod might also help with this, although there's a bit of a learning curve to use it.

Thank you for that tip as well! T.O.O.L. seems to be a very versatile mod. For the moment, with "move objects on", using a wall-mounted OMSP shelf to set the object's height and then dragging with the ALT key pressed is a solution.
Field Researcher
#2128 Old 23rd Feb 2023 at 8:54 PM
I'm frankly bewildered by this. My Sim sent a flirty text to his boyfriend. They agreed to meet up for a drink. However the other guy, Allen, didn't show up. I then used the Sim Teleporter by Andrew to force the guy there. Allen showed up, I added him to the group but as soon as I went into live mode the guy left again. I sent another text and got the same "let's go for a drink" message and a prompt to chose were. As this point I just gave up. It's was on a Sunday aswell. I guess the Sim was working, but why agree to meet up then?
Field Researcher
#2129 Old 24th Feb 2023 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
I'm frankly bewildered by this. My Sim sent a flirty text to his boyfriend. They agreed to meet up for a drink. However the other guy, Allen, didn't show up. I then used the Sim Teleporter by Andrew to force the guy there. Allen showed up, I added him to the group but as soon as I went into live mode the guy left again. I sent another text and got the same "let's go for a drink" message and a prompt to chose were. As this point I just gave up. It's was on a Sunday aswell. I guess the Sim was working, but why agree to meet up then?

Welcome to the 1001 quirks of The Sims 4.
I think everybody in this forum wish they could give you the solution, but . . .

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Field Researcher
#2130 Old 25th Feb 2023 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dikosay
Welcome to the 1001 quirks of The Sims 4.
I think everybody in this forum wish they could give you the solution, but . . .

I found a solution elsewhere. Which includes, repairing the game and reset the Sims 4 folder. It works, for now at least.
Page 86 of 86