Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 7:44 PM
Role Models Challenge
This my first challenge by the way

Story

When [sim's name] and [other sim's name] are caught vandalizing and destroying property instead of choosing the three year prison sentence they choose the other, more 'survivable' option.
They choose community service.
And in this case, they choose to be the new guardians and 'role models' of two abandoned toddlers...

Rules

- No mods allowed.

- Only money cheats are allowed
no others unless need to reset a sim because [s]he is stuck or something similar to that.

- No babysitters, maids, nannies or butlers allowed.

- No boarding schools.

- Your two 'role model' sims may not have their own children.

- Marriage is only aloud between the two role models. They may be in relationships with other sims but it cannot progress past 'going steady'.

- The lifespan can be set to whatever. I recommend 'epic' as it makes winning the challenge easier.

Creating Your Sims

- Create two YA sims. They can look however you want but for the case of the story they should look edgy, rebellious and overall the opposite of good role models. (Example; giving them neon coloured hair, thick/ punk make-up, ripped punk clothes. You get the picture)
They must have THREE of the following traits;
- Rebellious
- Brave
- Charismatic
- Childish
- Daredevil
- Dislikes Children
- Eccentric
- Flirty
- Hot Headed
- Inappropriate
- Night Owl
- Party Animal
The rest of their traits are up too you.
(I recommend you create the same sex sims as they can be best friends and therefore work together easier)

- Now create two toddler sims. Again, they can look however you want but for the case of the story they should look either raged and maybe wearing what looks like old clothes (remember they were abandoned) or wearing extra clean and posh clothes (they could have been dressed by the adoption services)
They must have ONE of the following traits;
- Angler
- Artistic
- Athletic
- Bookworm
- Equestrian
- Genius
- Green Thumb
- Handy
- Virtuoso
(Again I recommend that the toddlers are the same sex as they YA sims as it would be easier for them to get along. It would also be better if they were siblings)

Creating the House

- You can either build or buy a house.

- There is no limitations. Do what you want.

- Money cheats are allowed to buy furniture as the government are 'providing' for the toddlers.

- The house must have;
- One living room
- One kitchen
- One dining room
- Four bedrooms (For each sim, the sims cannot share rooms)
- One suitably sized garden with play area.
- One 'fun' room
- Two bathrooms

Aim of the Challenge

- The aim of the challenge is for your two YA sims to raise the toddlers till they are YA adults themselves and can 'move out'.

- As toddlers the YA sims should teach the toddlers to walk, talk, use the toilet and they should have all available 'skills'. This must be achieved before ageing up. If it is not you have lost the challenge and the toddlers will be taken back into care and the YA sims will go to jail.

- As children the YA sims should take care of the children and help them 'excel' in their classes meaning the child will leave school with 'A's and be on honour rolls. The children should also start gain skills. If the children do not gain 'A's, join honour roll or start gaining skills then you have lost the challenge. The children go back into care and the YA sims go to jail.

- As teens the YA sims should start 'encouraging' the teens to get part time jobs, ect.. ect. The teen should leave school with 'A's and they should have no criminal records or anything like that. They should also have a part time job and have mastered at least one skill (of your choice). If the teens do not gain 'A's, they have criminal records or they haven't mastered a skill then you have lost the challenge. The teens go back into care and the YA sims (Probably elders or Adults by now) go to jail.

- Once the teens age up into YA they can be 'moved out' and the role models are free to get married to other sims/ start having more children (if possible).

Thank you for reading! I'd love to know feedback or questions, feel free to ask
And if this is similar to anyone's challenge please let me know and link it too me.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 7:41 PM
I love this! I'm going to try this out
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TessaPowerrrrrr
I love this! I'm going to try this out

Thanks

Any feedback would be appreciated
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 11:54 PM
Love this!! Gonna try it soon
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 1:23 PM
Going to try this!!!! Can't wait to begin but I'm making the 'rebels' opposite sex and may allow some LUUUUURVE
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 5:45 PM
Can the YA sims get jobs or no?
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 11:21 AM
This sounds like a really fun challenge! I wouldn't have thought of this.
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 5:55 PM
Sweet, can't wait to try this out!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 4:25 PM
i might do something very similar to this, making the 'role models' and all, with the toddlers too, but having them raise them on streets and stuff, everything else the same. Oh yes, they will have a home to go to, but they won't often. might do dat in generation 2 of my perfect genetics challenge
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 7:17 PM
I will definitely do it soon.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IluvSims15
Can the YA sims get jobs or no?

Yes, but you don't have to you. You can use money cheats as the government are providing for the children till they move out
Mad Poster
#12 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 3:05 AM
You have 2 adults..raising 2 children?
Can you control the adults?
I am actually playing a couple who had 2 sets of triplets...and I am surviving.
Unless there is something me not getting, 2 adults for 2 children..where is the challenge?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 9:17 PM
I'm going to make a sims 4 version of this because I really like this challenge and miss it.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 6:45 AM Last edited by slave_zombie_student : 19th Oct 2016 at 6:49 AM. Reason: wrong pictures and flavor text
I decided to give this a chance without moving my lifespan (3 days for toddlers 14 days for children, 9 days for teens, 21 days for all adults) This actually means more focus in toddlers than any other thing and a need for teens to work really hard in order to get honor rolled.

this is the second time i make a sim lost both arms, in this case it was the pale ex-terrorist Tamara Tamayo, her traits are childish, eccentric and daredevil, extras are hopeless romantic and great kisser... her sidekick is Sorcha Kirchoff, half finish half Irish gunslinger, her traits are charismatic, flirty and hot headed, extras are coward and athletic. Finally there are the two toddler twins, Charles, an absent minded athletic guy (typical alpha guy) and Robert, a genius and perceptive guy (typical flamboyant guy).

This is the house, it's 21 x 21 located at Starlight Shores, it has a very broad patio despite the small 24x25 lot where there are bee themed mounts and fortress and a metalic clubhouse, the west wing feaures a living room, one red child bedroom, mommy's room (or it could be a teen daughter room... you say) and a small psicodelic and kinda useless bathroom, it has just an urinal, a sink, and a potty chair. East wing features dad's room (or it could be parents room... you say), a play room for children a green child beedroom and another bathroom exactly like the last one. In the center there are the main hallway and the kitchen.

I doubt these girls are going to be good role models, specially if Tamara tries to teach Charly to say "arson" and Sorcha wants Robert to say "earnings".

Since Tamara blew herself both arms and loves to blow up things Sorcha decides to take care of kitchen instead...

Also teaches kids things that Tamara can't, like how to play the xilophone and to grab things.

I managed to pass the first round and now the boys are big enough to play in the clubhouse and to use correctly the construction blocks.

Also, having a hopeless romantic and a flirty sim with compatible signs (Taurus and pisces) trends to make Sims automatically to flirt with each other.