Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 Calendar Contest Winners - posted on 10th Jan 2018 at 5:38 PM
Replies: 2035 (Who?), Viewed: 121438 times.
Page 82 of 82
Test Subject
#2026 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 8:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysim
Always thought TS2 Nightlife was the best value pack you could of ever got for your dollar from restaurants, bowling, vampires, cars, DJs, photo booths, to the spinning wheel, with a world with literally unlimited lots of build on, just to name a few. TS4 has already released 4 seperate packs just to match only some of that.

This is beginning to be the new norm so much that nobody really appears to notice.
Test Subject
#2027 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 4:36 AM
iv been reading about the new upcoming adventure pack but personally id rather have a university pack or a green living pack like the laundry day pack was supposed to be with eco living that would include functional solar panels and wind mills you could earn money off of
Field Researcher
#2028 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 4:37 AM
ea wants too make more money. So they put less items in the expansion and stuff packs.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2029 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 1:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Though that sounds still more or less like Nightlife, no?

Being a touring DJ, owning a coffeehouse, and competitive swimming?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#2030 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54

There's no way Nightlife compares to Get Together. Out of the Sims games I've played (2, 3, and 4), I've played the least of Sims 2 and Nightlife was probably my favorite thing about Sims 2.

I'm not a huge fan of the club system in Get Together, in all honesty. Awhile back I tried making a club that met at my park and pool lot in Willow Creek. I set grilling and eating as two of the activities. Um. Big mistake. Even though there were other activities when I wasn't playing those Sims and they had a club gathering, they would just spam grilling and eating over and over again.

And I don't really think most of the premade clubs are all that interesting really, but that's just me.

I've seen other players complain about the same thing. So, I mostly use clubs for as a way for family members who don't live together to socialize or for things like a workout or yoga club. The club mechanics are too flawed and seeing as that's the basis of Get Together I wouldn't even try and compare it to Nightlife at all.
#2031 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 10:59 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 14th Jan 2018 at 11:10 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54

I mean like, DJ and diving board didn't offer really much to TS2 either alone.

DeservedCritism (a guy on the official forums) is onto something, the same thing you guys are talking about income. Being a DJ didn't provide any practical use than to improve and for your sim to perform impressive/difficult tracks. Could have least given a way to make a living out of being a DJ by having others tip the DJ or like have owners of the property invite to do a gig on a bar or something for a reward of some cash.
Instructor
#2032 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysim
Always thought TS2 Nightlife was the best value pack you could of ever got for your dollar from restaurants, bowling, vampires, cars, DJs, photo booths, to the spinning wheel, with a world with literally unlimited lots of build on, just to name a few. TS4 has already released 4 seperate packs just to match only some of that.

The vampires sucked though....mainly because they weren't capable of sucking (blood). And what spinning wheel? Sims 2 never had a spinning wheel...the sewing machine came with Free Time.

Everything else you said...yes, pretty much. Nightlife had a lot of content.
Scholar
#2033 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VINTAVA
This is beginning to be the new norm so much that nobody really appears to notice.

Rather than not noticing, I'd say most people who played Nightlife back then are not playing the game anymore? Nightlife is 10 years old already. Most people I know lose their interest in gaming when they started working, especially one that you have to put your thought in like Sims. They just want quick burst of fun like Overwatch and Mobile Legends.

So they are targeting a new generation of Simmers who never really experience those things and just eats up what EA is serving.

Emino's Mobile Adventure http://riezforester.tumblr.com

Emino's Sims Simblr http://eminosims.tumblr.com/
*Now with The Sims 4!*
#2034 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 11:17 PM
By 'spinning wheel', I think his referring to the Dance Sphere item that came with that expansion pack.
Test Subject
#2035 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 1:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I mean like, DJ and diving board didn't offer really much to TS2 either alone.

DeservedCritism (a guy on the official forums) is onto something, the same thing you guys are talking about income. Being a DJ didn't provide any practical use than to improve and for your sim to perform impressive/difficult tracks. Could have least given a way to make a living out of being a DJ by having others tip the DJ or like have owners of the property invite to do a gig on a bar or something for a reward of some cash.

I don't know, in the sims 2 sims could make money via the Dj booth. In the sims 4 it's a ridiculous skill with no depth whatsoever. But then the sims 4 is the easiest sims game to make money in. My sim practising the violin in public (and sounding like murdering a cat) made a lot in tips. The other sim didn't care he was garbage.
The dj skill is just a tick box exercise to say the pack came with a new skill.
dodgy builder
#2036 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 1:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emino
Rather than not noticing, I'd say most people who played Nightlife back then are not playing the game anymore? Nightlife is 10 years old already. Most people I know lose their interest in gaming when they started working, especially one that you have to put your thought in like Sims. They just want quick burst of fun like Overwatch and Mobile Legends.

So they are targeting a new generation of Simmers who never really experience those things and just eats up what EA is serving.

Sims is very different. If you're a very creative person, chances are that traditional games are not going to be much fun. Creative people, like me, want's to use their creativity to have fun. Like if you have a boring repetitive job, playing and being creative can keep you preoccupied much longer than you should, turning up unhealthy and tired at work the day after.

What keeps adults off playing is their obligations, like kids and paying bills, they leave sims only if they don't have the time or energy come up with a story. I don't know how it is in the us, but here in Norway, a typical day at work lasts for 8 hours, then you have lots of time for what else you like to do.

Several times it's been said Sims is different. It has a wide variety of players, not like shooting games, where most players are young boys.

I know some adults make a lookalike for their bass and gives him a beating in the Sims. It's a nice place to play off some steam.
Page 82 of 82