Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 Calendar Contest Winners - posted on 10th Jan 2018 at 5:38 PM
Replies: 6359 (Who?), Viewed: 285734 times.
Page 255 of 255
Mad Poster
#6351 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 9:02 PM
Cats and Dogs is 50% off right now. Just a heads up for the people who were waiting for it to go on sale.

The Receptacle still lives!
Forum Resident
#6352 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2
Cats and Dogs is 50% off right now. Just a heads up for the people who were waiting for it to go on sale.

To me it shows -30%. (Is this a reason to create a T-Shirt saying 'EA does not like me' ?)
Scholar
#6353 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 12:43 AM
Woah that's an early sale. Not sure I have seen a game go on sale that fast unless it's some launch day deal.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Inventor
#6354 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 4:39 AM
Considering I paid full price for City Living this time last year, seems slightly unfair.
Mad Poster
#6355 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 7:12 AM Last edited by lil bag2 : 22nd Dec 2017 at 7:23 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrak_nl
To me it shows -30%. (Is this a reason to create a T-Shirt saying 'EA does not like me' ?)

Heh...must have been a quick sale I guess. Or maybe I just happened to catch it on the last day it was being offered. I did just get off another TS4 hiatus.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Having played around with this pack for a bit, I will give credit where credit is due. They definitely stepped their game up with the Pet AI. Unfortunately this makes the whole "We didn't want players to have control because pets would lose their spontaneity" thing, that they tried to feed us, a big pile of bullshit. I have the control pets mod. I wouldn't have even touched this pack for half price without it. The pets still do spontaneous and unexpected things on their own. They still get into mischief on their own. They still interact with other sims and other pets on their own. Once again, the gurus created an issue that could have been easily avoided, for no reason other than the possibility that they just like to stir up drama in the community. Either they straight up lied for no reason (or because they didn't want to admit that there were time and/or budget constraints) or they severely underestimated the strength and complexity of their own AI. Either way, this whole situation just makes them look even more incompetent because of how ridiculously easy it was to prove them wrong.

But I digress, this pack is....relatively harmless. If you like having pets in your game or you're running out of space and need the (admittedly beautiful) new world, then take advantage of the sale going on right now. The pets feel more alive than the sims most of the time and they've, once again, outdone themselves with the CAS features. Though I'm still pissed they gave us the sheer brilliance that is paint mode, but only made it accessible to pets...This makes it useless to me. I highly doubt I'll be coloring any of my animals. But I'm still holding out some small amount of hope that they'll make this feature accessible for us to use on our sims clothes.

I haven't touched the vet career and I honestly don't have any intention of doing so any time soon. If you liked the doctor career from Get to Work, you'll probably like this. But, again, it's not something that interests me and I probably won't ever play around with it, so I can't really give an opinion.

So this pack isn't insultingly bad like City Living (though there are things about it that certainly are insulting). It isn't boring like Get to Work. But it's also not as fun or inventive as Get Together. All in all....it's...well, it's just sorta there. Not very exciting or innovative. An expansion that can be easily skipped without fear of missing out on anything aside from a nice looking world (of course even that wouldn't be a problem if we had some sort of world building tool. Even one like TS2 would be appreciated). I can't in good conscience recommend this for full price, even if you have been dying to have cats and dogs in your game. This is definitely one you should wait on.

Another year, another expansion pack that was nowhere close to being worth a year-long wait. At least the game packs almost never disappoint :/

On a side note...I need them to re-introduce the minor pets. I really miss finding smaller animals in the wild and adopting them. I always liked that more than the cats, dogs, and horses.

#6356 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 4:33 PM
Quote:
Having played around with this pack for a bit, I will give credit where credit is due. They definitely stepped their game up with the Pet AI. Unfortunately this makes the whole "We didn't want players to have control because pets would lose their spontaneity" thing, that they tried to feed us, a big pile of bullshit. I have the control pets mod. I wouldn't have even touched this pack for half price without it. The pets still do spontaneous and unexpected things on their own. They still get into mischief on their own. They still interact with other sims and other pets on their own. Once again, the gurus created an issue that could have been easily avoided, for no reason other than the possibility that they just like to stir up drama in the community. Either they straight up lied for no reason (or because they didn't want to admit that there were time and/or budget constraints) or they severely underestimated the strength and complexity of their own AI. Either way, this whole situation just makes them look even more incompetent because of how ridiculously easy it was to prove them wrong.

^^^ THIS
Instructor
#6357 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 10:09 PM
Quote:

That one disagree isn't mine but over here(Brazil), it didn't drop 50%(so I'm assuming the sale is different for other countries too) and also this is the first EP they raised the price. I'm assuming it has to do with currency issues as EA for a long time held the prices down to the usual(as if 1$= 2R$, but this has changed a long time ago). Still it feels really odd to see an EP more expensive that the base game was at release. Now that it's on sale it is still about the same price of base game at release. This EP originally was costing almost the double of all the other EPs, hopefully they didn't raise any other prices for old packs. I have no idea if Cats and Dogs are so popular over here that they may have felt that people would still buy it. I won't, I hardly care about Pets in my game.

I usually just adopted a pet once(in previous games) and them just forget about it while playing other households or generations. I used to enjoy horses in TS3 and used mods to keep them away from the main house, but anyways... the only thing so far I've seen in this EP that got me wishing I had it was that curly hair, but I won't really buy an EP because of it.

It's good to know about the color wheel, though.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Mad Poster
#6358 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 10:17 PM
I heard about the issues they've been having with that pack over in Brazil. That's really fucked up. I sincerely hope nobody's actually paying for an expansion that costs more than the base game. That's just straight up robbery

Instructor
#6359 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 9:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queziacristina

... the only thing so far I've seen in this EP that got me wishing I had it was that curly hair, but I won't really buy an EP because of it.

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=602946

Someone converted the curly hair (atleast I assume you're talking about the one the OP in this thread is talking about) in my post at the bottom, to the Base Game. And there are some assorted edits there too.

on topic(sorta) I know it's only been a month but...no new tidbits? Nothin?

Sometimes...things that are expensive...are worse.
Forum Resident
#6360 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysim
Considering I paid full price for City Living this time last year, seems slightly unfair.

Honestly, I would never recommend paying full price for an EP for this game ever. Not even a GP either. There just isn't a reason too because the sales are so frequent. I mean I haven't paid full price for ANY content since outdoor retreat. Utilize CDkeys (and other websites like it), origin sales, and brick store sales you can practically never pay full price for a single piece of content for TS4.
Page 255 of 255