Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Summer Movie Night - posted on 13th Jun 2018 at 10:07 PM
Replies: 431 (Who?), Viewed: 82254 times.
Page 18 of 18
Instructor
#426 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 12:08 AM
TS1 - Unprecedented
TS2 - Impactful
TS3 - Garbage
TS4 - Pretty Okay

It's just my unpopular opinion, and people can rag on me as much as they want, but I rather like TS4 for it's own reasons. TS2 is still my favorite and it's way beyond TS4 in terms of greatness, though.
Top Secret Researcher
#427 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 10:53 AM
I will never understand why is TS3 garbage if peoples PCs cannot run it. Tho base game is almost as shallow as TS4, expansions provide more than enough gameplay for years onwards. It's still realllly different experience from standard sims game. I guess that's why some people don't like it.
Instructor
#428 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 3:49 PM
I'm a stereotypical broke college student who can't afford the latest and greatest PC, so I typically back-up my opinion by saying I've never run TS3 on a stellar computer. I'm not a fan of the open world, I think all the sims look the same (that also goes for TS4), I don't like the memories-system and a lot of other Sims 3-specific components, and it's always been glitchy/laggy for me (again, partly because I don't have a fancy schmancy PC). I just don't get the same sense of fulfillment out of it as I do with TS2. TS4 will at least run adequately enough and my sims look aesthetically appealing.

Maybe it's great on computers who can handle it and that's why it's sustained so much popularity. But, alas, my little HP laptop can't handle much.
Test Subject
#429 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 8:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremily_
I'm a stereotypical broke college student who can't afford the latest and greatest PC, so I typically back-up my opinion by saying I've never run TS3 on a stellar computer. I'm not a fan of the open world, I think all the sims look the same (that also goes for TS4), I don't like the memories-system and a lot of other Sims 3-specific components, and it's always been glitchy/laggy for me (again, partly because I don't have a fancy schmancy PC). I just don't get the same sense of fulfillment out of it as I do with TS2. TS4 will at least run adequately enough and my sims look aesthetically appealing.

Maybe it's great on computers who can handle it and that's why it's sustained so much popularity. But, alas, my little HP laptop can't handle much.

You're missing out! When you graduate, work and buy a better computer, try TS3 some time. I really love it! The new computer you get doesn't even have to be top of the line anymore because all the new computers have caught up to TS3 requirements. I don't like the memories system too, so I turn it off, but everything else is amazing! I used to love TS2 the most until TS3 came out and now that I've experienced open world, it is so hard for me to go back to TS2. So now I only play that one sometimes, but TS3 is something I like to play everyday, since it's so flexible and customizable and with so much to do!

Right now, I'm creating and testing 6 diving lots in the base game's Sunset Valley. I plan to upload them somewhere for people who either are tired of scuba diving in the same 4 diving lots in Isla Paradiso and or for those who can't get Isla Paradiso to work and want to experience scuba diving. After that, I will to build a store on the beach to sell all the stuff my sims collect while scuba diving! But, it's not the only thing you can do. There are so many other things!
Lab Assistant
#430 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 3:51 AM
So I'm going to be 100% honest here -- I love TS2, I liked TS3, and I'm not fond of TS4. I currently only own the base game and Outdoor Stuff (that one game pack that lets you adventure in Granite Falls or whatever the name of that place is). I dislike it so much in fact that, despite purchasing it almost immediately after it came out, I have uninstalled the game three times and have played it for a total of 129 hours. I find the gameplay boring, glitchy, and way too meme-y for me to form some sort of bond with it in the same way that I did for the previous installments of the sims. I have now reframed my mindset into thinking of this not as a sequel to the previous installments, but as a spinoff to the main franchise. I believe this frame of thought will allow me to be more forgiving of its flaws.

I wanted to ask -- since Origin is having a sale on select TS4 game and expansion packs, what would you guys recommend that a die-hard TS2 loyalist who enjoys family and BaCC play purchase in order to get the most value out of their money? I'm partial to not buying anything at all since I'm not sure that any of the current offerings would expand the gameplay enough for it to make a meaningful difference in what I think of the game, but right now I am leaning most heavily towards Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, and Kids Stuff Pack (whatever that thing is called). But again, I'm not completely sold on anything.

I am open to suggestions for those who are willing to provide it.

Lurking since 10/2/07 ~ Call me Cheezy. ;)
Tumblr: http://mmmcheezy.tumblr.com/
Field Researcher
#431 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 7:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezypuff121P
So I'm going to be 100% honest here -- I love TS2, I liked TS3, and I'm not fond of TS4. I currently only own the base game and Outdoor Stuff (that one game pack that lets you adventure in Granite Falls or whatever the name of that place is). I dislike it so much in fact that, despite purchasing it almost immediately after it came out, I have uninstalled the game three times and have played it for a total of 129 hours. I find the gameplay boring, glitchy, and way too meme-y for me to form some sort of bond with it in the same way that I did for the previous installments of the sims. I have now reframed my mindset into thinking of this not as a sequel to the previous installments, but as a spinoff to the main franchise. I believe this frame of thought will allow me to be more forgiving of its flaws.

I wanted to ask -- since Origin is having a sale on select TS4 game and expansion packs, what would you guys recommend that a die-hard TS2 loyalist who enjoys family and BaCC play purchase in order to get the most value out of their money? I'm partial to not buying anything at all since I'm not sure that any of the current offerings would expand the gameplay enough for it to make a meaningful difference in what I think of the game, but right now I am leaning most heavily towards Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, and Kids Stuff Pack (whatever that thing is called). But again, I'm not completely sold on anything.

I am open to suggestions for those who are willing to provide it.

If you like family play then Parenthood is for you it makes the Toddler add on even better.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#432 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 7:04 AM
@cheezypuff121P As a Sims 2 player I would get parenthood and get to Work, but it still looks way too expensive to me.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 18 of 18