Replies: 455 (Who?), Viewed: 108501 times.
Page 19 of 19
Field Researcher
#451 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremily_
I think all the sims look the same (that also goes for TS4)

Really? That' the one thing that brought me to TS4-the fact that the Sims can vary drastically. Although yeah, Sims 3 sims were awful, no matter what I tried they all looked like they had the same round faces. I was a total TS2 lover, still am. But the husband bought me all the EP's/SP's etc when they were half price in December and I downloaded to my laptop. I like it, but I miss my TS2 stuff. I had so much CC, and i loved it all. There doesn't seem to be even a 1/3 of the amount for TS4 4 years later. I've found myself starting to recolour TS4 stuff using my TS2 textures :haha: (you'reall too young to remember my TS2 CC days) I'm getting a new sparkly laptop next week and I hear that my beloved TS2 won't run on it and I'm kinda devastated, I was going to donate my PC to my nephew, but I can't bear to now as I don't want to lose my TS2.

TS1 was the gateway game-got me hooked! TS3 was ok, and I liked the Openworld and CasT and my PC ran it fine. TS4 came out just after I went back to work after my maternity leave so never had time for it and I find the relationships are far too easy to make, I can have 2 sims be soul mates on one date. My daughter is now 5 going on 15 and has nooo time for me O_O so I started playing TS4 on my laptop in front of the TV, I can't wait till she can read better and I can introduce her to them properly.

So, all in all, I first called TS4 "TS1.5" but now I have CC and all the EP's, I'm liking it better, but its still not TS2. Hopefully if there is a TS5, they will actually read the forums and listen to the community and not just 1 demographic

[url=http://foxybabysims.tumblr.com/[/url]
Field Researcher
#452 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 2:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxybaby
Really? That' the one thing that brought me to TS4-the fact that the Sims can vary drastically. Although yeah, Sims 3 sims were awful, no matter what I tried they all looked like they had the same round faces. I was a total TS2 lover, still am. But the husband bought me all the EP's/SP's etc when they were half price in December and I downloaded to my laptop. I like it, but I miss my TS2 stuff. I had so much CC, and i loved it all. There doesn't seem to be even a 1/3 of the amount for TS4 4 years later. I've found myself starting to recolour TS4 stuff using my TS2 textures :haha: (you'reall too young to remember my TS2 CC days) I'm getting a new sparkly laptop next week and I hear that my beloved TS2 won't run on it and I'm kinda devastated, I was going to donate my PC to my nephew, but I can't bear to now as I don't want to lose my TS2.

TS1 was the gateway game-got me hooked! TS3 was ok, and I liked the Openworld and CasT and my PC ran it fine. TS4 came out just after I went back to work after my maternity leave so never had time for it and I find the relationships are far too easy to make, I can have 2 sims be soul mates on one date. My daughter is now 5 going on 15 and has nooo time for me O_O so I started playing TS4 on my laptop in front of the TV, I can't wait till she can read better and I can introduce her to them properly.

So, all in all, I first called TS4 "TS1.5" but now I have CC and all the EP's, I'm liking it better, but its still not TS2. Hopefully if there is a TS5, they will actually read the forums and listen to the community and not just 1 demographic

As for round faces: sliders.

And I agree with the person who says also in Sims 4 characters tend to look identical. In Sims 2 it’s the art style doing it, in Sims 3 the lack of proper facial bone structure and in Sims 4 it’s the facial expressions.
Field Researcher
#453 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 9:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-Anne
As for round faces: sliders.

And I agree with the person who says also in Sims 4 characters tend to look identical. In Sims 2 it’s the art style doing it, in Sims 3 the lack of proper facial bone structure and in Sims 4 it’s the facial expressions.

I tried, I really tried, I'm just rubbish at making Sims! I could never get mine to look like that I probably should've downloaded some more sliders. I'm finding TS4 much easier for diversity though.

[url=http://foxybabysims.tumblr.com/[/url]
Field Researcher
#454 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 9:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxybaby
I tried, I really tried, I'm just rubbish at making Sims! I could never get mine to look like that I probably should've downloaded some more sliders. I'm finding TS4 much easier for diversity though.

In CAS most definitely, Sims 3 CAS has its flaws (mainly facial bone structure is really lacking). I don't have CC sliders in my game by the way. But I must say I find sims in Sims 4 also quite identical, mainly caused by their facial animations. This effect:

Forum Resident
#455 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 5:59 PM
I'm actually about to try playing the Sims 4 one more time. I've had the game, plus Get to Work and Outdoor Retreat, but literally only have 11 hours of game play. I decided to look at it as a spin off and not a true sequel so I can maybe enjoy it. Plus I know a lot of things have been added on for free through patches. I'm hoping this makes a difference. If so then I'll invest in other expansions and packs, if not, I'll humbly go back to my Sims 3 world and all of it's content. I'm keeping a open mind.
Theorist
#456 Old 13th May 2019 at 5:07 PM
I've never played TS4, never wanted to after looking at it after it came out but have played all the other three and most of the expansion packs. I ended up not being able to play Sims at all for a couple of years but most recently I was playing TS3 but my desktop computer has a problem with its graphics card right now so I decided to install TS2 on my laptop. It's been there for almost a month now but I haven't really played it much because I've been sorting out CC and mods (I had backed all this stuff up when I uninstalled it after a computer upgrade years ago) and getting used to the various aspects of it all over again. One of the reasons I decided to reinstall is because to my mind one of the best expansion packs ever made was Open For Business and although it has its own good features TS3 could just never touch that. However I'm finding there are so many things about TS3 I think stand head and shoulders above TS2 and much of it has to do with CASt and the open world. I always thought CASt was such a pain in the rear because it took me forever to build and decorate something. I never realized just how much time and trouble I was being saved from having to try to track down CC or make something to do what I wanted. I'm also having a devil of a time in Build Mode in TS2--I did not remember things like how a modular staircase can't be placed near a wall and a lot of other things like that.

I still like babies and toddlers better in TS2. I still like the way Sims look in TS2 better than in TS3 (they always looked so great in CAS, but then just looked bad in the world view) and the TS2's hairs are done so much better. I still like that I have all the walls and floors I made for TS2. On the other hand Bon Voyage has to be one of the most lackluster things I've ever seen. I wasn't keen on some of the limitations and dungeon crawling in WA but I declare, I never ran out of things for my Sims to do on their vacations there. I've a pretty darned good imagination but absolutely cannot find enough for my TS2 Sims to do on vacation to justify going (those secret lots really just aren't all that), and the one couple I took on a honeymoon ended up stuck there so I had to go back to the regular neighborhood, load up another family, teleport them in, move them in, then go back and delete the vacation 'hood, then move them back into their home. Then of course they didn't get any of their vacation perks. That's just nuts.

Mostly as I play TS2 I find myself thinking, "Oh, they did this SO much better in TS3!" I'll continue on with trying to get back into TS2, at least for a while, and try to make my neighborhood seem as alive and vibrant as my Sims 3 towns do but that's just because circumstances don't right now allow me to replace the video card in my old desktop PC. Otherwise I'd go back to what I had been doing those years ago, which was totally enjoying a Prosperity Challenge and finishing up my world.
Page 19 of 19