Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Seasons and Celebrations - posted on 1st Oct 2017 at 1:52 PM
Replies: 1977 (Who?), Viewed: 111132 times.
Page 80 of 80
Mad Poster
#1976 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 11:35 PM
Like hell she does. #3 is the most convincing and the most realistic one. She's the only one that looks like an actual human being, rather than a representation of one. #1 looks like a doll with the skin of a dead chicken, #2 looks the same but with some shading painted on. Sure, her hair looks weird, but her skin looks like actual human skin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
And one likely will not for a long time. Those are superficial details, and the engine does not give a damn that players want to count the threads on a Sims T-Shirt. Ot cares about what it can efficiently render. Modern video games pull a lot of tricks to improve performance and different games use different tricks.
For the Sims series to start using 4K textures, you will loose build mode and a detailed CAS mode, the world will be static/heavily non interactive, and you will likely only play as a single family, if not one person. It is too much to processs unique higher quality assets for 20 Sims at once, in top of superior quality assets for the world.

And yet I'm running entire open worlds with custom characters and buildings in that sort of detail, right now. In 4K if I want to. And these games can run on your Playstation too. How come?

Overlord of Plumbit, the subreddit for the serious Simmer.
We're constructive, creative and drama-free™.

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Theorist
#1977 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrijzePilion
And yet I'm running entire open worlds with custom characters and buildings in that sort of detail, right now. In 4K if I want to. And these games can run on your Playstation too. How come?

'Tis truly a sad day for the PC master race .__.
Mad Poster
#1978 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShigemiNotoge
'Tis truly a sad day for the PC master race .__.

We still get the better draw distance/LOD range, the higher resolution, the higher framerate and the superior control scheme. So not all is lost. And imagine not having mods at your disposal!

Overlord of Plumbit, the subreddit for the serious Simmer.
We're constructive, creative and drama-free™.

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Page 80 of 80