Replies: 1173 (Who?), Viewed: 117114 times.
Page 47 of 47
Mad Poster
#1151 Old 16th May 2019 at 6:43 PM
I went to the fish store; they're moving closer to home. Woohoo! I'll be able to find what I need / want without dealing with the knuckleheads at Amazon. While I was there, they sold me a tank light for $70.00 off and it was mentioned that they had us in mind when deciding where to move their store to. It is awesome dealing small business owners. If I had my way, I'd only deal with small businesses.

Cyber Tip Line for Exploited Children
Children should always feel like the adults are living in this world to nurture them, to take care of them, to protect them from any bad thing that might come. ~Chris Cornell
Alchemist
Mad Poster
#1153 Old 18th May 2019 at 2:02 AM
Playing spectator mode of DOA5LR with the characters dressed in Santa outfits.

Weirdest anime video clip I saw: Jesus and Buddha at an amusement park and Buddha handles the roller coaster with the trademark Zen-like calm his followers are known for. It was like the weirdest thing because out of the millions living in Japan, about >1 million are practicing Christians due to Japan's attitude of areligious practice (they could care less about stringent worship) and the anti-Christian opposition during the pre-isolation era when Portuguese Jesuits helped introduce Christian concepts and even the invention of tempura. But I think this is connected to a legend that Jesus actually was once in Japan sowing the rice paddies in Aomori prefecture and such influence led to the religious figures of East and West appearing in anime.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Mad Poster
#1154 Old 18th May 2019 at 10:44 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 18th May 2019 at 11:00 PM.
Today marks my last weekend before my follow up with Dr. K (who recommended the implant) and Dr. S (who installed it) and the final surgery.

So far, I had to elevate the implant's power by 5 points to work comfortably. So that's a point I will have to work on.

Overall, I am inside cooling off as my mom and dad are preparing the garden, mowing the lawn and supervising the power washing of the house's siding. Like I said, we reached 85°F in Mid-May. The way our planet is burning, I could melt.

I am very much aware Dr. Nye torched a globe in protest, extinguished it, dropped some F bombs at the camera, his intended target was the Trump administration.

When a passion to save your planet becomes more political than originally expected, I can safely say we're fucked beyond early recognition.

But in reality, that's not going to stop me from working on the garden. Our garden is looking up. The Jersey Beefsteaks are sprouting nicely and in Jersey, the ugliest tomatoes taste best.

I would grade my day as ambivalent but leaning towards hopeful. It needs my loving nudge from above, in other words, I need to think about all positives presented to me.

I recently received some coins and wrapped up 50¢ in pennies.

The cat is cuddling with me.

I completed some DOA Quest missions in Dead or Alive 6.

The cat is purring like a muscle car.

She settles down on my right arm.

You know, my cat isn't so needy...she needs me more than anything right now but I need her most. The past 1½-2 weeks have been a work in progress but I eventually want to soak in the tub and listen to the night animals play in the symphony of the swamp. (No shit, we have swamp land in our neighborhood and it's healthy because of the frogs. Frogs are great life indication.)

Mad Poster
#1155 Old 19th May 2019 at 3:20 PM
I'm going to explode with excitement!! Just finished my last shift at work until February!! I can't believe it... I'm having a baby any time now! Hopefully I'll atleast get a few days alone with Adam before the baby makes an appearance.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#1156 Old 19th May 2019 at 4:14 PM
After years of trying to grow Jungle Val ( or any species of Val) in any of my tanks, I finally have success. I'm seeing little nubs of new growth this morning.

All somebody had to say to me was: Plant them, then leave them alone and make sure they have plenty of food. Heavy root-feeding plants need to be fed at root level, not the water column.

Children should always feel like the adults are living in this world to nurture them, to take care of them, to protect them from any bad thing that might come. ~Chris Cornell
Mad Poster
#1157 Old 19th May 2019 at 7:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
I'm going to explode with excitement!! Just finished my last shift at work until February!! I can't believe it... I'm having a baby any time now! Hopefully I'll atleast get a few days alone with Adam before the baby makes an appearance.

Good luck, sweetie (in case I don't catch you before the BIG day). I pray everything goes well and that she's healthy and happy when she gets here.

BTW, Smorbie is a great name for a baby girl :3

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Mad Poster
#1158 Old 19th May 2019 at 7:48 PM
Thank you Smorbie Sadly I think we prefer the name Ivy

Mad Poster
#1159 Old 19th May 2019 at 9:42 PM
Went grocery shopping and tomorrow, I have my appointment with my doctor on the assessment of the implant.

It's working fine, turned it up 0.5 points and it works.

I may just be able to go forward with the final installation in a couple days' time.

Instructor
#1160 Old 19th May 2019 at 10:01 PM
there are 2 things that made my day today

1: in eurovision songfestival the netherlands won the eurovision songfestival, and that's the country where i live and come from (i yelled in happiness although i scared my best friend out at night while watching it)
2: i had a sleepover with my best friend to my house after like more then half a year, so we talked about stuff and laughed at some stuff (it might been 8 months when we last had a sleepover)

i've heard that it's been 44 years when we last won on eurovision songfestival so yes of course it's something new that it is on the news in my country but also in europian and a couples of countries that join the eurovision songfestival
aswell too,

why is it still called eurvision songfestival when a few asian countries, australia and new-sealand join on eurovision songfestival aswell too?
why not call it world-vision songfestival instead?

but i yelled in happiness when we won the eurovision songfestival last night
i was literally like: OH HELL YEAH, WE WON!
Mad Poster
#1161 Old 20th May 2019 at 5:58 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 22nd May 2019 at 8:48 PM.
Watching two crows attack a seagull. I don't remember there being turf wars among these winged rats. But over the Hackettstown Taco Bell, two crows were attacking the wings of a seagull. Quite an angle of attack! (Flight joke. Aircraft and flying birds can only maintain flight if the wings have what is called an "angle of attack". Man, why did I fall for a nerd with an old man's sense of humor? Why is my humor so terrible? Argh!)

In my mind, crows, pigeons and seagulls are rats with wings.

Sometimes, back in WA, I buy the largest boxes of fries, scatter them in an empty parking lot and count the different winged rats that showed up to the fried fete. Not only do they eat garbage, but each other if one of them gets run over.

We also have black buzzards and turkey vultures, but they don't care about anything but deer hit by cars on full moon nights. Deer are common roadkill here in my county.

Actually, to combat the overpopulation issue, for one week at the beginning and end of the year, hunters have until sundown to shoot as many deer as possible. Personally, it's not very effective.

BTW, for you fans of the US version of The Office, yes, deer hunting is the popular big game hunting sport in Pennsylvania and into nearby regions. Sometimes in December\January, at dusk, I hear the shotguns fire off before the sky goes dark.

5/20/2019
Today, they got me ready for my final installation of the implant this Wednesday. So, I am happy about that. Otherwise, I had a messed up sleep schedule... it's not going to be a big deal because it's looking like "Report to the hospital at buttcrack o'clock".

Buttcrack o'clock? A term I finagled where it is very early morning, still dark but the sky is a dark blue-purple, there are few cars on the road...a time when most of the people are asleep.

Scholar
#1162 Old 21st May 2019 at 8:02 PM
Saw the neighbor today. He had a new old dog. His last old dog was a good boy; 16 years old and had been attacked by a pit bull and almost died. I think the good boy isn't with us anymore. I'm giving my doggo extra hugs.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#1163 Old 22nd May 2019 at 1:20 AM
Went to Pet Smart to get the dog some different food as she has decided that eating is optional lately. That didn't make my day and I need to speak with my vet about it. However, while I was at the store, I caved and bought my Bleeding Heart Tetras and Panda Cory some tank mates. I said I wasn't going to buy more fish and haven't for a few years, but since my tank has been my thing lately..whatever.

I bought:
6 Giant Danio
2 Bolivian Rams
1 Veil Tailed Angel
The angel fish I bought isn't black. He or she is silver with black bands that go vertically down the body.

The guy at Pet Smart wasn't impressed with me. They were having a sale on cichlids where if you bought 2, you got the third one half off. They didn't have any other small cichilds that would have worked in my tank, so I tried to get the angel fish half off as they are cichlids. He shook his head at me and told me that yes while angel fish are cichlids, they are not part of the sale. I was going to buy the angel fish whether I got it off half off or not, but I thought it was worth a try even if it did turn into a epic fail.

Alchemist
#1164 Old 22nd May 2019 at 6:32 AM
Mad Poster
#1165 Old 22nd May 2019 at 4:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Went to Pet Smart to get the dog some different food as she has decided that eating is optional lately. That didn't make my day and I need to speak with my vet about it. However, while I was at the store, I caved and bought my Bleeding Heart Tetras and Panda Cory some tank mates. I said I wasn't going to buy more fish and haven't for a few years, but since my tank has been my thing lately..whatever.

I bought:
6 Giant Danio
2 Bolivian Rams
1 Veil Tailed Angel
The angel fish I bought isn't black. He or she is silver with black bands that go vertically down the body.

The guy at Pet Smart wasn't impressed with me. They were having a sale on cichlids where if you bought 2, you got the third one half off. They didn't have any other small cichilds that would have worked in my tank, so I tried to get the angel fish half off as they are cichlids. He shook his head at me and told me that yes while angel fish are cichlids, they are not part of the sale. I was going to buy the angel fish whether I got it off half off or not, but I thought it was worth a try even if it did turn into a epic fail.

I am selfishly so happy you are back in the fish business. I miss having them. When I FINALLY move, I'm getting two tanks. I want a tank for tropical and one for goldfish. I love goldfish.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Mad Poster
#1166 Old 22nd May 2019 at 6:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
I am selfishly so happy you are back in the fish business. I miss having them. When I FINALLY move, I'm getting two tanks. I want a tank for tropical and one for goldfish. I love goldfish.

I love my tank, but I do go through bouts of "meh" with it. I don't know why it happens and hanging out in the fish-keeping community tends to make it worse as everybody thinks they're a expert and act like a monkey on a persons' back just because they can. I can certainly avoid the community when it starts to get on my nerves, but then I watch Foo The Flowerhorn videos and it rejuvenates my interest for lack of a better way to describe it.

New fish put up with their first of many water changes and tank cleanings this morning. With the danios I can no longer use the siphon without putting my hand over the end of the tube as they seem to be on a endless search for food even though they were fed this morning. The angel fish has a fascination with bubbles and the rams are being rams. Overall, everybody is happy sans the tetras. They've been better about it than I thought they would and have made some effort to be sociable, so it's not all bad.

Mad Poster
#1167 Old 22nd May 2019 at 8:59 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 22nd May 2019 at 9:47 PM.
Finally got that final implant surgery done!

Now it's a matter of activation.

Watched a special on education for girls in war torn Syria. Many girls had dreams, but one caught my eye. One girl wanted to become an architect because after seeing her city wrecked, she had dreams of rebuilding the city. The main guest on NHK In Depth was girls' education advocate Malala Yousafzhai and that dream that caught our eye was amazing. Not many women are in the STEAM field, so the idea is admirable. Breaking ground and giving back to your city are the most admirable things I can think of.

But for now, the day is almost over and yet to receive a response from my implant dealer.

Anxiety is killer today.

Alchemist
#1168 Old Yesterday at 5:32 PM
The Krassenstein Bros. got banned from twitter for operating multiple fake accounts and purchasing account interactions. Good riddance!
Mad Poster
#1169 Old Today at 6:40 AM
Finished installing my The Sims 3 collection, including Katy Perry's Sweet Treats. (Personally, the only appropos lot for this Stuff Pack is a Hansel and Gretel themed one, but I can only imagine a neighborhood in a fairy tale world where it is lined in gingerbread)

Played Sonic Adventure DX and heard they're going to revamp the Sonic the Hedgehog movie due to complaints on aesthetics of the Blue Blur. Personally, I say they recast Jim Carrey with someone who isn't going to reuse the Dr. Evil "shut up" jokes while they're at it.

Ate Jiffy cornbread. My father also picked tons of strawberries. Some were for eating with a sweet dip, some were macerated for strawberry shortcake and the rest were made into a thick, low pectin jam.

Mad Poster
#1170 Old Today at 5:03 PM
I've been looking for that stuff pack. Origin doesn't carry it. Where did you get it?

Mad Poster
#1171 Old Today at 6:43 PM
Mmm I just took a 5 hour nap curled up between Adam and the dog. It was fantastic.

Mad Poster
#1172 Old Today at 7:59 PM
Mad Poster
#1173 Old Today at 9:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
I've been looking for that stuff pack. Origin doesn't carry it. Where did you get it?

I have a physical copy. They retired the pack after some time.

Mad Poster
#1174 Old Today at 10:40 PM Last edited by smorbie1 : Today at 10:52 PM.
crap. I think I'll check to see whether amazon still has a few left. Thanks.

EDIT: found it!

Page 47 of 47