Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#151 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I already heard rumours that the next patch is only a day or two away
,pI really hope that the sims voices, and out of sync voices will be EA's first priority

It's tomorrow for the 17th anniversary of the series. The voice sync and voice type bugs are driving me bonkers. I hope they fix them with this patch!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Yes, I have. Probably has to do with the transgender option or something. That would make sense to me anyway.
But it is not perfect...to a point where I thought that update made all 3 candy, bird and music thing(sorry, like I remember the terms..lol) all female only, or transgender male only, type of thing.
Now i can only choose from the 3 other ones, when I choose a voice for a male sim. that is not cool.

Maybe you're right. The weird thing is though that the free-gender-option patch is quite a while back now and I've been playing for a while. I never noticed anything like that in my game until now.
Mad Poster
#153 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lumily
Maybe you're right. The weird thing is though that the free-gender-option patch is quite a while back now and I've been playing for a while. I never noticed anything like that in my game until now.

Oh..well see? I just got the game, right after the toddler patch came out...so i would have no ways to know how it used to be. i can only notice what is right now. The gender thing just looks like something that could cause this. but what do I know.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#154 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 11:16 PM
Oh..well see? I just got the game, right after the toddler patch came out...so i would have no ways to know how it used to be. i can only notice what is right now. The gender thing just looks like something that could cause this. but what do I know.

The male voice problem affects boy children aging up from toddler as well. Toddler patch brought this lovely bug on for me.
Forum Resident
#155 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 11:24 PM
Nah, it'll be more like:
Quote:
We've got exciting new content:
  • Added The Sims 17th Anniversary t-shirt
    Happy Anniversary!

And fixed all major issues with the game:
  • Removed toddlers
  • Fixed issue that many players were experiencing where drinking water followed by eating Plasma Fruit Salad and then having WooHoo in the Rocket Ship would delete the game save.
    I'm not even going to say the pun I thought for this one.
  • Increased vampire spawn rate as players reported they weren't encountering them often enough.
    Note: Vampires still cannot be found by looking in mirrors.
Mad Poster
#156 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 11:25 PM
I just re test this, as i have to create a random sim to test a mod I am working on. As i thought, 3 voices are female voice only, and the other 3 are male voice only. I could select one of the 3 female voices for my male sim...and it gave him a female voice.
So was this always this way? or is it broken?

Scholar
#157 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 1:57 AM
Is anyone else having issues with default eyes after the toddler patch and the vampire GP? I got back my issues with thumbnails not loading and CAS not loading sim at all. I narrowed it down to the default eyes, after I removed them the game loaded the sim in CAS again. I think it might have been this default set that caused my previous problem aswell, although that sort of resolved itself. Is it reasonable that a default eye set could cause this kind of problem? And what causes thumbnails of sims and objects in build/buy and cas not to load?

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
#158 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
Is anyone else having issues with default eyes after the toddler patch and the vampire GP? I got back my issues with thumbnails not loading and CAS not loading sim at all. I narrowed it down to the default eyes, after I removed them the game loaded the sim in CAS again. I think it might have been this default set that caused my previous problem aswell, although that sort of resolved itself. Is it reasonable that a default eye set could cause this kind of problem? And what causes thumbnails of sims and objects in build/buy and cas not to load?

I personally don't. but i remember reading about this, and it is in the very first post in this thread, first page, first post
I thought I had read how to fix this..but alas, i am trying to find the info, and cannot. Sorry.

Instructor
#159 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lumily
I started noticing that my male sims suddenly started all having the same voice....one of the female voices (candy, slider in same position in all three sims). One of the sims was in one of my active households. I'm not sure that it's due to an update. I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong. Has anyone noticed something similar?

I noticed that too and it happens to children male Sims that age up to Teens and they have a Female voice and everyone of them has the same voice. It happens to NPC Male Sims as well and I first noticed it on NPC Male Sims that aged up from the child age.
Scholar
#160 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 9:55 AM
I personally don't. but i remember reading about this, and it is in the very first post in this thread, first page, first post
I thought I had read how to fix this..but alas, i am trying to find the info, and cannot. Sorry.

yes, I thought I had toddler compatible default eyes, and they are working for toddlers, but apparently there are more errors than that one post. I dunno. I ended up changing default eyes instead. I don't know if it was because they weren't compatible with the vampire defaults I had recently downloaded or they just got corrupted over time, or if they were faulty to begin with. Really hard to tell.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Page 7 of 7