Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 1:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sims 3 Mods Not Showing Up
My game has the most recent update available running, and i used this guide to download the mod folder. I followed the instructions, but my cc just doesn't work. My guess so far is that is has something to do with the resources file, but obviously I'm not sure. Anyone have an idea with whats up with this? Thanks
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 1:53 PM
Is your Sims 3 folder made by the game or did you make it yourself?. Normally the folders structure would be like this: Electronic Arts> The Sims 3> Mods> Packages and the no intro should be this: http://modthesims.info/d/497903.

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim mania
Is your Sims 3 folder made by the game or did you make it yourself?. Normally the folders structure would be like this: Electronic Arts> The Sims 3> Mods> Packages and the no intro should be this: http://modthesims.info/d/497903.

I used a download someone else had made, here's how the page looked and how it stated the unziped files would look.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#4 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 2:22 PM
Yes, I know. What I meant was that your sims 3 folder is strange. Normally it is Documents> Electronic Arts> The Sims 3> Mods> Packages, but your sims 3 folder shows Documents> The Sims 3> Mods> Packages.

Vivi e lascia vivere.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 2:37 PM
Yes, I know. What I meant was that your sims 3 folder is strange. Normally it is Documents> Electronic Arts> The Sims 3> Mods> Packages, but your sims 3 folder shows Documents> The Sims 3> Mods> Packages.

Ohh, okay now I understand. I had bought the game from someone, should i attempt to move it into my EA folder or just leave it?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 2:45 PM
Just as stated in the guide, the Mods folder should be in your The Sims 3 folder, so you will have to move it from wherever it is and change the no intro mod to this one: http://modthesims.info/d/497903.

Vivi e lascia vivere.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 2:52 PM
Just as stated in the guide, the Mods folder should be in your The Sims 3 folder, so you will have to move it from wherever it is and change the no intro mod to this one: http://modthesims.info/d/497903.

Yeah I know that, I meant moving the sims 3 folder into the EA folder.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 3:03 PM
I'm confused, don't you already have a The Sims 3 folder in your Electronic Arts folder and can you share pics of where your EA folder is?

Vivi e lascia vivere.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 3:08 PM
I'm confused, don't you already have a The Sims 3 folder in your Electronic Arts folder and can you share pics of where your EA folder is?

Here you go, when I had bought it they said there was no need to move it there but maybe they were wrong.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#10 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 3:22 PM
Okay, that Sims 3 folder is wrong. Move the EA and Sims 3 folder to the desktop. Run the game or the launcher, this should create a new EA folder and move your Mods folder in Electronic Arts> The Sims 3.

Vivi e lascia vivere.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 4:07 PM
If you are going to start a fresh clean game once you have the new game folder The Sims 3 created there are instructions and a file you can download and install for your mods framework On This Page. There are also illustrations that might help.