Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 6:43 PM
Default CC via Mods folder stopped showing up in game and appear as notepad documents in mods folder
exactly what the title says... been trying to get it work ever since.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 7:14 PM
It doesn't matter what icon appears or what "type" your operating system thinks the files are, that's just the auto-open preference for when you double-click on a file. If you don't have a package editing program installed such as S3PE or NRaas Packer, and you have no intention of creating or editing package files on your own, then there is no point in double-clicking on .package files anyway. The game knows what to do with them no matter what they look like. Or at least it does when things are working correctly.

Things that are important are, the files must be .package (not zip, rar, or something else) which you can see if you have file extensions showing, they must be intended for TS3 (no content from other games and no .sims3pack files), and your Mods\Packages folder with the required Resource.cfg file must be arranged exactly as illustrated here, plus or minus some variations around the edges in different operating systems. You should also clear (delete) your game folder's cache files whenever the contents of Mods\Packages changes in any way.

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files

Does that help at all?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 7:57 PM
ty for replying

my mods folder was working perfectly fine but my sims3packs weren't. so i did a recover on my computer bc my sims3packs weren't showing up as sims 3 packs. after doing that and then uninstalling and reinstalling the game my sims3packs work... but now my mods do not. the list doesn't even show up in the game. so i uninstalled and reinstalled a2 more time with the same results. i tried creating a new mods folder and moving everything to it and replacing my refig file... my intro is still loading
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 8:22 PM
i replaced my resource file with the one from here... it started working again... it's really weird this started happening in the first place. maybe the recovery of my system corrupted the file...?