Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Meet Me In My Next Life
#51 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Yes, that's the mod I use, it allows kids to cook the same meals as anyone else. I just add some self made rules for what kids can make.

@Simonut when you tag make sure there is no gap. I just saw this post now.

Ok thank you and to everyone.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 10:07 AM
As Raindrop_D says, @Gazania. You can play both Sims 2 UC and Sims 4 without being logged into Origin.

You may miss a Sims 4 update, but I start it once in a while to get those, and then log out again.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 12:21 PM
UC rocks. I recommend it to everyone.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#54 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 4:15 PM
I am certainly glad I'm wrong in this case! Thank you for the correction.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Inventor
#55 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 9:56 AM
As several other posters who mentioned it, I wouldn't mind a Sims 2 reboot as long as it involves just bug fixes and improved graphics at certain places. Don't get me wrong on the game's graphics as I do still believe the game looks quite good for today's standards. I have not played either Sims 3 or 4 at all so I have no clue what could be carried from those games that would be beneficial to Sims 2.

And speaking of Raindrop's latest post, I have wondered what it would be like to use my Teamviewer to transfer everything of Sims 2 to my old XP tower, since Origin no longer supports that OS and it prevents me from downloading the game there. What's kept me from actually going through the process of transferring the game is it's 10 gigs. Besides I'm getting tired of the game freezing and getting choppy every time it's gotta render something in view (that's partially because I tuned down my graphic card's overclocking to keep my laptop from running on fumes while playing).

Excuse my wall of text there. XD
Mad Poster
#56 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5
And speaking of Raindrop's latest post, I have wondered what it would be like to use my Teamviewer to transfer everything of Sims 2 to my old XP tower, since Origin no longer supports that OS and it prevents me from downloading the game there. What's kept me from actually going through the process of transferring the game is it's 10 gigs. Besides I'm getting tired of the game freezing and getting choppy every time it's gotta render something in view (that's partially because I tuned down my graphic card's overclocking to keep my laptop from running on fumes while playing).

Excuse my wall of text there. XD

If I understood right, you have your game on a laptop, but would like to transfer over to your old desktop? If it is the case, i could tell you what i did...though I do not have the UC, it is probably similar.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#57 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
UC rocks. I recommend it to everyone.
Except that it would likely burn out my integrated graphics chip in a day. On my PC, I daren't risk anything beyond OFB.

A TS2 reboot? Well, if that meant new EPs. I don't think that wouldn't interest me, since I can't even run all the existing EPs. In fact even the existing EPs contain a lot that I don't want. In Apartment Life, I'd like the ceilings, the early morning cuddle, and the ability to hang things at different height on a wall. I don't want magic, witches or, for that matter, apartments. Why should my Sims spend their lives paying extortionate rent to a landlord for a property that will never be their own? The trouble with new EPs is that we all want different things. For myself I much prefer CC, where I can pick and choose what I want, rather than have everything bundled together, and then have to look round for hacks to mod out the new "features" I don't want.

On the other hand I would be happy to pay for a "patch" that fixed all the major causes of corruption in the game. So you could safely delete Sims and move Sims between neighbourhoods the way that was originally intended. And not have to worry about saving when a Sim is talking on the 'phone, or playing with a toy car. Personally I don't even want better graphics, because that would just burn out my graphics chip faster. Though I do appreciate that for many people the ability to recognise and use newer graphics cards would be very welcome. So, by all means improve the graphics, but keep the low resolution option for those of us who don't have fancy graphics cards. In fact, if the low resolution graphics option could be extended to the later EPs, that would be ideal for me; I'd certainly buy Pets, and probably Bon Voyage and FreeTime too, if I knew I could run them safely on my existing PC. (Seasons is more problematic as I'd have to mod some of its main features out to ensure the safety of my Sims!)

Lastly it would be great if they'd actually press new copies of the disks again, and sell them. I know a lot of you paid a lot of money to buy The Sims, but I only paid £7 for Double Deluxe and £1.50 for each of my two additional EPs, making £10 in all. So in my case the amount of pleasure I've got from the game is out of all proportion to anything that EA got from me, so I'd be quite happy to pay more to EA, but only if they're selling something that I actually want to buy! Why the owner of the rights to the best computer game ever made chooses not to make any more money from it, baffles me.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Inventor
#58 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
If I understood right, you have your game on a laptop, but would like to transfer over to your old desktop? If it is the case, i could tell you what i did...though I do not have the UC, it is probably similar.

That's what I meant.

I could try other methods like copying all the game's relevant files into my external hard drive or I guess upload them onto OneDrive.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 5:36 PM
Andrew, I'd still suggest that you nab the UC while it's available; you don't have to install it, just having it in your account is enough. Origin might stop making it available at some point.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Raindrop_D
Andrew, I'd still suggest that you nab the UC while it's available; you don't have to install it, just having it in your account is enough. Origin might stop making it available at some point.
I've got it! I got it in the days when they were giving it away free with no questions asked (apart from me saying that I loved The Sims 2!). So it's lying, registered, but otherwise completely untouched, in my otherwise never-used Origin account. If I ever do get a computer that would run it, I hope (1) Origin still exists and (2) I can remember how to log on to it!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#61 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 6:52 PM
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 9:31 PM
I'd like building to be a lot easier without the need for cheats. Different heights of foundation, for example and being able to put stairs where I like without getting a senseless error message. I would like to make my roofs look amazing without having to understand a complex tutorial which gives me a headache. I can dream...
Mad Poster
#63 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5
That's what I meant.

I could try other methods like copying all the game's relevant files into my external hard drive or I guess upload them onto OneDrive.

How I did was easy, and I reinstall MY sims 2 and on my daughter's new computer as well, the same way.
I used a USB key though.
I copied 2 folders only. EA Games that's in Documents, and EA Games that's in program files.
For the program file one, I renamed it EA GamesProgram files to be sure I would not mix them up.
then i went ahead and install sims 2 on both our machines. Once all done installing, I did not start the game. I replaced both folders right away, not letting the game create sims or whatnot. (I renamed my ea games to remove program files in its name, obviously)
My EA Games that's in program files, was also modded with empty template neighborhoods etc. This is why i copied it.
Once both folder replaced by my old ones, i had the exact same game as before, on my old computer.
One thing to not forget is, re install the CEP . Re download it, re install it. because even though the old installation already puts CEP files a bit everywhere, the program still need to be installed in your *new* old installation.
You are done.
i hope you have a big enough USB key, or the equivalent.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Inventor
#64 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 6:35 PM
Thanks for the small tutorial, Rosebine. Maybe when I am not already on Sims 2 or have to force myself to quit the game for this process (the addiction is real XD ), I'll get right to it.
Page 3 of 3