Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 1:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My Child is acting like a baby! Literally.
In one of my families, I used the insim mod to age my baby up to a child, as I have done a plethora of times without issue. After a few sim days, I exited the game, saved it, and all was well.
The next time I tried to play this family, I noticed on the family loading screen that the child was being cradled in the parents arms like infants are when they're in that life stage. When the family loaded, the child was lying on the floor of his bedroom in the same position that an infant would like on the floor or in it's crib, only he's child sized. I tried to age him up again, but when any member of the household tried to help him with his birthday, the sim would glitch and I'd get an error message. I tried to "force error" and then reset the child, but still nothing. I deleted the child a few times, and would exit the lot. Each time I re-entered the lot, the child was still lying on the ground. I tried using The Deleter from insim to delete him, and he was still stuck in infant stage. I tried removing him from the household, and he was still stuck. I added him back, and he remained an infant. I used a cheat to "starve" him, and when the social worker came to get him, she glitched when she tried to pick him up.

I have had some funky things happen with life stages, but I've always been able to fix it. So, I'm wondering if there is anything else I can try to either make the child "act his age," or just delete him altogether so there's not an awkward child sized infant locked away in a room that no one talks about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 2:06 AM
These sims are essentially borked, and can't be interacted with by other sims. This is a known game bug that happens under certain circumstances, and some people use it to make sims act older/younger than they are - but if the first age is infant and the second age is something else, the sim will be stuck as behaving as an infant. The safest way to age up sims is to age them up in stages, as it's a lot easier to fix a toddler-child than an infant-child.

I think the only way to fix a stuck sim-in-baby-body is to set their proper age with SimPE. Make sure the sim is on the floor, save the game. and quit. Then go to SimPE, set their age in the neighborhood editor or in the simsurgery (there's probably a tutorial somewhere - I don't do a lot of this), and go back ingame.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
These sims are essentially borked, and can't be interacted with by other sims. This is a known game bug that happens under certain circumstances, and some people use it to make sims act older/younger than they are - but if the first age is infant and the second age is something else, the sim will be stuck as behaving as an infant. The safest way to age up sims is to age them up in stages, as it's a lot easier to fix a toddler-child than an infant-child.

I think the only way to fix a stuck sim-in-baby-body is to set their proper age with SimPE. Make sure the sim is on the floor, save the game. and quit. Then go to SimPE, set their age in the neighborhood editor or in the simsurgery (there's probably a tutorial somewhere - I don't do a lot of this), and go back ingame.

Thank you so much for your quick response!
I do age my Sims up in stages. He was a toddler for a few days, then I aged him up to child, then he got stuck in the infant stage while still looking like a child. It's good to know there's a solution.
However, I have only heard of SimPE, and I think I even downloaded it many years ago, but never knew how to use it so I never opened it again. Is this a fairly simple process that a newbie could figure out? Also, got any good tutorials I could follow?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 1:24 AM
@katycolleenj I can guide you into this if you want.
It is very simple, you'll see.
Just let me know.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
#5 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 5:51 AM
I had this problem with a sim of mine and i used the agesim cheat which i found after typing in help in the cheatbox and it allowed me to click on the sim and he aged himself up.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd May 2017 at 12:32 AM
So sorry for my late response. I kind of fell off the face of the earth for a bit . Thank you for suggestions, and should I need that tutorial, I will certainly let you know. I ended up deleting the Sim altogether. But going forward, if this happens again, I will refer back to this thread for help. Thanks again, and sorry for the late reply!
Instructor
#7 Old 3rd May 2017 at 4:00 AM
Deleting any sim is a big no no and means that you have corrupted that hood.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd May 2017 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katycolleenj
I'm wondering if there is anything else I can try to either make the child "act his age," or just delete him altogether so there's not an awkward child sized infant locked away in a room that no one talks about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you have been deleting sims (delete as in getting rid of for good), you have corrupted your hood. Never ever delete sims, alive ones or dead ones (urns/graves)

I would use Hood Checker to mop up what you can then open SimPE and see if you can fix him in there.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~