Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#176 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
Ok so another update.
1)All animations are done as far as I know. The coughing animation of Pestilience curse and the freezing were left but now that's done too
2)The mod doesn't conflict with Hybrid
3)All interactions script work is done. They get unlocked at the right level and everything.
4)Magic is not just used by Children, it's usable on children too.
5)Children are able to get and fullfill wishes related to magic. I didn't even plan this. It's a happy side effect
Problems that persist
1)Children can have Spellcasting duelling with other children only. This was due to a limitation in the smooth jazz software. I'll see if I can fix that for the future but current version will be uploaded like this.
2)I'm having trouble making ITUN for the custom interactions. Without it the spells won't be used autonomously and they won't be able to increase spellcasting skill. I can add the increase spellcasting skill in the script by I don't want to do it this way and it still won't be autonomous. Anyone who has experience making ITUN for custom interactions, can you offer some tips? Once the ITUNs are done I'll upload this mod.

And lastly I have a question. When the children get frozen in ice, they can't be broken free with magic, they have to wait till the moodlet wears off. That's because I unlocked this spell with an ITUN mod since it wasn't core locked. And adding this interaction with a script causes problems like incompatibility with Hybrid. There's also a glitch with the frozen moodlet which is not because of this mod, it's always been there I've noticed it before too, when a sim gets frozen an invisible clone of the sim appears and talks to other people and stuff. Very disturbing. So the question is this should I make it so ice blast will never cause the sim to be frozen solid due to this glitch or not?

Heh. No wonder why children couldn't duel with adults or vice versa.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#177 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 11:55 AM
@skydome, the clone you're speaking off is totally normal. Basically what the script does is, make an ice-shaded sim, add some extra bits to it (See the buydebug icegnome) and your actual sim gets hidden till the moodlet is off. This same thing also happens to when your sim is traveling to, say, egypt. The original sim stays home but the sim you're playing in egypt is a clone of that sim. This is also the case for the sim head you see when you're selecting an interaction... so this is not new nor a glitch although... 2 sims of the same doing stuff is a glitch :P

For the glitch... I'd say, does this happen occasionally or always? if occasionally, and you're uploading it here, I'd just add a note in your description saying that it does. But if the main game is also causing it, I don't think there's something you can do about it :/ It's awesome that you made it compatible with hybrid though!
I'll have to experiment around a bit myself with the age restriction on Jazz scripts but I think I see what's going on Will let you know if I figured it out a bit more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#178 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
@skydome, the clone you're speaking off is totally normal. Basically what the script does is, make an ice-shaded sim, add some extra bits to it (See the buydebug icegnome) and your actual sim gets hidden till the moodlet is off. This same thing also happens to when your sim is traveling to, say, egypt. The original sim stays home but the sim you're playing in egypt is a clone of that sim. This is also the case for the sim head you see when you're selecting an interaction... so this is not new nor a glitch although... 2 sims of the same doing stuff is a glitch :P

For the glitch... I'd say, does this happen occasionally or always? if occasionally, and you're uploading it here, I'd just add a note in your description saying that it does. But if the main game is also causing it, I don't think there's something you can do about it :/ It's awesome that you made it compatible with hybrid though!
I'll have to experiment around a bit myself with the age restriction on Jazz scripts but I think I see what's going on Will let you know if I figured it out a bit more!

It seemed to happen everytime for children and 1/3 times for adults. So currently what I did was make it so iceblast will not completely freeze children. Making it hybrid compatible was easy. I just added custom interactions with a script mod and disabled EA interactions with ITUN mods like I did in my Vampire mod.
The Jazz problem is because Smooth Jazz refuses to compile if ':' sign is there. All EA jazz has that sign.
Eg. Play 0x6b20c4f3:0x70000000:0x4633171CB9A73C20 for "wand" This is from EA jazz but smooth jazz won't compile it.
If we make it like this Play 0x4633171CB9A73C20 for "wand" then the game assumes it means
Play 0x6b20c4f3:0x00000000:0x4633171CB9A73C20 for "wand" so, 0x000000 instead of 0x7000000. That's the reason it doesn't work. Currently in my mod I haven't done any Jazz editing, I realized that the EA jazz adjusts the age on it's own if an age appropriate animation is available but that doesn't work for duelling. If I change the 0x700000 animations to 0x000000 in S3PE the wand doesn't appear.
What's weird is that in Kapaer's children can mod they were able to make changes to the Jazz script without having to remove the ':' sign. How they did that I don't know, maybe they changed the smooth jazz software's code(was it an open source software) to make it compile the ':' sign or they used some other software that I don't know about.
Scholar
Original Poster
#179 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 2:06 PM
Oh and I'm uploading this mod right now yay!
Lab Assistant
#180 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 3:25 PM
Oh and I'm uploading this mod right now yay!

Awesome! Hey Skydome, how do you enable converted interactions for the game? I'm going to try to convert the toddler interactions "pick up" and "put down" for adult-child and child-toddler and possibly more.
Scholar
Original Poster
#181 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperGal<3
Awesome! Hey Skydome, how do you enable converted interactions for the game? I'm going to try to convert the toddler interactions "pick up" and "put down" for adult-child and child-toddler and possibly more.

Some interactions can be enabled by using ITUN files i.e. a tuning mod. But some interactions are hard coded to restrict others, you'll need a script mod for that. The tutorials I gave you in that other post will help you with the script mod. For the tuning mod there are tutorials for that too in this site.
Lab Assistant
#182 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 3:43 PM
Some interactions can be enabled by using ITUN files i.e. a tuning mod. But some interactions are hard coded to restrict others, you'll need a script mod for that. The tutorials I gave you in that other post will help you with the script mod. For the tuning mod there are tutorials for that too in this site.

Okay, thanks!
Scholar
Original Poster
#183 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 5:23 PM Last edited by skydome : 1st Mar 2018 at 8:20 PM.
@SuperGal<3 you're welcome

I've uploaded the mod. In 2 to 3 days people can download it.
Field Researcher
#184 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 3:53 PM
Thank you for your efforts and for documenting everything I don't use magic in my game, but I am interested in converting interactions when I ever have the time again to look into it.

I saw you post about the ITUN trouble too late, but I am happy you could sort it out.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#185 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 11:16 PM
It seemed to happen everytime for children and 1/3 times for adults. So currently what I did was make it so iceblast will not completely freeze children. Making it hybrid compatible was easy. I just added custom interactions with a script mod and disabled EA interactions with ITUN mods like I did in my Vampire mod.
The Jazz problem is because Smooth Jazz refuses to compile if ':' sign is there. All EA jazz has that sign.
Eg. Play 0x6b20c4f3:0x70000000:0x4633171CB9A73C20 for "wand" This is from EA jazz but smooth jazz won't compile it.
If we make it like this Play 0x4633171CB9A73C20 for "wand" then the game assumes it means
Play 0x6b20c4f3:0x00000000:0x4633171CB9A73C20 for "wand" so, 0x000000 instead of 0x7000000. That's the reason it doesn't work. Currently in my mod I haven't done any Jazz editing, I realized that the EA jazz adjusts the age on it's own if an age appropriate animation is available but that doesn't work for duelling. If I change the 0x700000 animations to 0x000000 in S3PE the wand doesn't appear.
What's weird is that in Kapaer's children can mod they were able to make changes to the Jazz script without having to remove the ':' sign. How they did that I don't know, maybe they changed the smooth jazz software's code(was it an open source software) to make it compile the ':' sign or they used some other software that I don't know about.

My quesses are on hex editors actually, not sure if Jazz scripts have this 'binary' coat (That's what I call them They're kinda like zip files but in this case EA's way to pack the resource) where the Jazz script is hiding. But even then, you should be able to edit it with an hex editor. : that would be 3A.... as far as the internet tells me ASCII to HEX will be your best friend in this case

The only reason to get the 0x000000 version to work is if you include a package or within your package an actual version of a 0x000000 wand. That's the only way it will fully work Just a heads up!
Scholar
Original Poster
#186 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 9:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
My quesses are on hex editors actually, not sure if Jazz scripts have this 'binary' coat (That's what I call them They're kinda like zip files but in this case EA's way to pack the resource) where the Jazz script is hiding. But even then, you should be able to edit it with an hex editor. : that would be 3A.... as far as the internet tells me ASCII to HEX will be your best friend in this case

The only reason to get the 0x000000 version to work is if you include a package or within your package an actual version of a 0x000000 wand. That's the only way it will fully work Just a heads up!

I don't know anything about ASCII and hex it's always been intimidating. Do you know? Where did you learn? Do you have any links to tutorials?
Page 8 of 8