Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2017 at 11:24 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 2nd Jun 2017 at 4:04 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Inactive sims cant use changing station
Whenever a sim not in the active household goes to change a child on the changing station, they'll pick up the child to do so and then just stand there. Nothing is blocking the way; they just stand in the place they picked up the baby. Anyone else have this problem?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 10:30 PM
No one?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 6:07 AM
What changing station? Is that a mod?
Scholar
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 6:44 AM
I believe they mean the changing station/table from the store. I can't really help, because although I have the table I haven't had this problem myself, but I rarely play with sims younger than teen.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Theorist
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 2:44 PM
I have no idea because I've only ever used the changing station in my own households.

Is your sim visiting the house with the baby/changing station? Is your sim friends with the baby or it's family? Because the vanilla game will block sims from caring for babies unless the relationship is at least - I want to say - 40? Something like that.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 4:04 PM
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
I have no idea because I've only ever used the changing station in my own households.

Is your sim visiting the house with the baby/changing station? Is your sim friends with the baby or it's family? Because the vanilla game will block sims from caring for babies unless the relationship is at least - I want to say - 40? Something like that.

My sim visits the house, or I just open it using MasterController.
Test Subject
#8 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 8:41 PM
I've never seen an active nor inactive sim use the changing table autonomously, without me telling them to use it first.

But I also have this mod: http://simlogical.com/ContentUpload...e/uploads/2192/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KevinL75
I've never seen an active nor inactive sim use the changing table autonomously, without me telling them to use it first.

But I also have this mod: http://simlogical.com/ContentUpload...e/uploads/2192/

Even though the interactions are both set to autonomous by default, sims won't use them on their own.

Before I got the issue I mentioned, I completely disabled the Change Diaper interaction and let the game run on its own for 1 in-game week to see how often sims used it. They never did and just complained about stinky babies.
Then I changed the advertisers from their default (Fun, Hygiene, Social) to that of Change Diaper (TraitNeat, TraitFamilyOriented, LookAfterBabyOrToddler, BeBonehilda, ServoBotNanny). Active household sims used the table finally (a bit much, but they do); however, inactive households did what I said in post #1.

Also, thanks for the link to that mod. I really don't see why putting the baby on the floor afterwards was done. (Or why a sim has to be in a good mood to use the table anyway...)