Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Seasons and Celebrations - posted on 1st Oct 2017 at 1:52 PM
Replies: 443 (Who?), Viewed: 19626 times.
Page 18 of 18
Mad Poster
#426 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 5:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShigemiNotoge
I was thinking more along the lines of not switching to one of the many teams named after or using mascots from other races xD

Oh, like the Redskins? I'm aware of that debate, I can see why native Americans would like to see it changed.

Overlord of Plumbit, the subreddit for the serious Simmer.
We're constructive, creative and drama-free™.

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Theorist
#427 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 5:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrijzePilion
Oh, like the Redskins? I'm aware of that debate, I can see why native Americans would like to see it changed.

Along those lines, yes. there are plenty of others. xD
Mad Poster
#428 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 5:25 PM
I wouldn't know, but I'm not surprised considering America has a history with all of the world's races.

Test Subject
#429 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 6:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bur1440
Try getting the sport right first. BASEBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a Cinn Reds fan myself. Must make me a commie.

Tomeyto tomato.
Scholar
#430 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 6:53 PM
Once again this year, my team finished no where near the playoffs. (Because we're terrible, like any team in the NL East not named the Washington Nationals.) I'll be rooting for the Astros or whoever the NL team is.
Lab Assistant
#431 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 8:45 PM
Just to clarify ...

This is what I was referring to when I mistakenly started the "YankeeGate" affair ... http://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...em%20yankees%3F

Mike

Support La Vida @ https://www.patreon.com/lavida
Mad Poster
#432 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 8:53 PM Last edited by gazania : 8th Oct 2017 at 9:31 PM.
Looks at subject of original thread.

Looks at more recent posts.

I've seen diverted threads, but this one is one of the most random ones!

But, I guess, following the random nature ... I like baseball better. And auto racing. And cookies. I like cookies, too.

In a probably-vain effort to stay with the original subject matter ... La Vida was an interesting premise.

Edit ... Glad to see we're not in past tense.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#433 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 9:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHibbert
This is what I was referring to when I mistakenly started the "YankeeGate" affair ...

As you can tell, most of us don't get out much!
Mad Poster
#434 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 9:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazania
La Vida was an interesting premise.

Was, past tense?

Mad Poster
#435 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 9:21 PM
I just had to check to make sure! I'm on a device that makes looking at past pages more cumbersome than on a PC or laptop. I looked at only the last page or so here, and was wondering about that myself when the thread went off on this much of a tangent. Sometimes, it means that the original concept/idea/problem/solution is long passed. I just went back further, and I am happy to see I was mistaken. Glad to see La Vida still on!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.
Lab Assistant
#436 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 8:27 AM
Hi All

I've done a small update just to keep ya'll in the loop! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSc...xt1bvjbk0h00410

Mike

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#437 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 8:45 AM
Your people got no manners! They each changed the channel on the TV before sitting down even though the others were already watching something. Then the girl that freaks out (the same one tried to break out of the house through the wall last time and started running on the spot for hours this time) stood creepily watching the guy in his bedroom :o

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#438 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 9:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
Your people got no manners! They each changed the channel on the TV before sitting down even though the others were already watching something. Then the girl that freaks out (the same one tried to break out of the house through the wall last time and started running on the spot for hours this time) stood creepily watching the guy in his bedroom :o

Just like in real life :D

Theorist
#439 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 3:53 PM
Quote:
it's a "feature!" :D
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#440 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 4:21 PM
Maybe this game is going to be more "adult" than Mike is letting on...

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Theorist
#441 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 4:24 PM
Quote:
Maybe this game is going to be more "adult" than Mike is letting on...

I sure hope so! I've had enough of the sims being marketed to 12 year olds x.x

Right now that official T rating should stand for "Totally meant for kids"
Mad Poster
#442 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 11:17 PM
If The Sims is rated for 12/13 year olds, what's the deal with all these restrictions? I've never met a 12 year old who hasn't fucked and then killed a hooker in GTA.
Now I'm not saying that's how The Sims should at all be, but they could at the very least take some minor liberties. I've noticed that words like "hell", "damn", "crap" and "circlejerk" are all filtered out on the Officials. Let's start by undoing that. And let's bring back the stripper cakes and the alcohol.

Test Subject
#443 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 8:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrijzePilion
If The Sims is rated for 12/13 year olds, what's the deal with all these restrictions? I've never met a 12 year old who hasn't fucked and then killed a hooker in GTA.
Now I'm not saying that's how The Sims should at all be, but they could at the very least take some minor liberties. I've noticed that words like "hell", "damn", "crap" and "circlejerk" are all filtered out on the Officials. Let's start by undoing that. And let's bring back the stripper cakes and the alcohol.

Because parents need someone to blame for how much they suck at parenting.
Mad Poster
#444 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 11:09 AM
True, true.

Page 18 of 18