Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 5:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Avoiding conflicting mods
I have 20 conflicts according to Sims2HCD. Most of them are inteen conflicting with itself, I decide to live with this. But for the others, I am wondering if i could try different mods that does the same job..
For instance, is it normal that tunaisafish_fix_attractiontraits conflicts with tunaisafish_fix_attractiontraits_alien ?..and 3 times? like inteen, it conflicts with itself...

Visitor Controller...this one conflicts with 2 mods I want to keep...

WatchKidsEnabledV1.1 & YoungAdultShoppers
Is there anything else that would not conflict with these 2, but would be as usefull as VC is?

Thanks.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 5:39 PM Last edited by maxon : 1st Aug 2017 at 5:10 PM.
Inteen is meant to conflict with itself - that's what the flavour packs do in effect.

For the tunaisafish attraction mod it says this at the bottom of the page:
The alien version replaces the useless broken 'custom hair' trait with something useful. It includes the same fixes as the standard version. Install only one.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 5:59 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 31st Jul 2017 at 6:15 PM.
*Walks away slowly...avoiding whistling*
And I am down to 17 possible conflicts.(15 out of them are inteen's fault) Thank you.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 9:38 PM Last edited by marka93 : 1st Aug 2017 at 3:01 PM.
Not all conflicts are bad and can still function as normal, push comes to shove reread the info where you get mods from and it may tell you it needs a load order or something.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 9:51 PM
It shows in HCD, regardless of the load order. Like you said, showing up in there does not mean trouble. I just wish I'd only see inteen related possible conflicts.
My game runs just fine. Thank you.

Theorist
#6 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 12:45 PM
I think the Visitor Controller might be a false conflict as the description sim does not have a separate mod to block them, the game showed no problems or errors with it. (:

I should learn not to comment at this hour of the morning, my mind isn't quite awake. I did have a mod for the gypsy to deliver lanterns, but she did show up, delivered it, then warped off the lot after her comment popped up, there were no error or glitch problems or anything and she was never seen other than for that purpose.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
It shows in HCD, regardless of the load order. Like you said, showing up in there does not mean trouble. I just wish I'd only see inteen related possible conflicts.
My game runs just fine. Thank you.

Now to get only InTeen related possible conflicts is to remove the offending mod

Just joking around here. :D

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 12:49 PM
Hmm, the time is before 7am but I've had my coffee already. (: There is something about the beds . . . ahh, a plug-in for a Twojeff's mod relating to beds, it is also a fake conflict. I can't think of the particulars, but I'm pretty sure he mentions it or might have answered a question for me relating to it. Check Simbology and see if there's a reference there and you'll find what mods they were. Well, I gotta go finish getting ready for a 2 - 2.5 hour pool therapy appointment, have a nice day! (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 2:37 PM
It shows in HCD, regardless of the load order.

Of course it doesn't. Changing the order does not mean they aren't still there, and it doesn't mean they magically no longer contain the same bit of code. Load order does not remove a conflict, it only changes which conflicting mod is used by the game since the game only uses whichever version of that bit of code that loads last. Drives me batty that people still think load is a magic fix that will turn a conflict into anything other than a conflict. It can make a conflict produce results you prefer over the opposite order, but it does not change facts.

Duine, no such thing as a false conflict. There are conflicts that don't matter because they change nothing, but that is not a FALSE conflict, it's a non-problematic conflict.

As for solving the watch kids enabled and young adult shoppers. If you load watch kids our YA shoppers after VC, whatever those mods are supposed to do will still happen, while whatever VC wants to do using that code does not happen. Whether or not that is a problem for VC I can't say since you haven't shared what resource it is that conflicts. Or perhaps you aren't bothered by in game outcome but the presence of the conflict on your list. If that's the case then I'm no help at all.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 3:06 PM
Conflicting mods are annoying in that, it might create something you won't notice. Like when you told me that I should be seeing non-playable hop in the school bus when playing apartment, and that it was because of another mod conflicting that *I* never saw this happening. I even tried to mod this myself as i thought it was normal game behavior. So of course I am bothered by game outcome..but do I even know there is problems?
I see I have lots of possible conflicts when I run HCD, and I can only assume that if I had none, it would be better.
Far from me the idea of pissing you off this morning.

Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 3:19 PM
I have an adult hack that conflicts with itself. I just laugh at it.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 3:34 PM
We've all been there Charity

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#13 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 11:14 PM
Conflicting mods are annoying in that, it might create something you won't notice. Like when you told me that I should be seeing non-playable hop in the school bus when playing apartment, and that it was because of another mod conflicting that *I* never saw this happening. I even tried to mod this myself as i thought it was normal game behavior. So of course I am bothered by game outcome..but do I even know there is problems?
I see I have lots of possible conflicts when I run HCD, and I can only assume that if I had none, it would be better.
Far from me the idea of pissing you off this morning.

You did not piss me off. Irresponsible modders piss me off, because crappy unclear information is what has made people fear conflicts in ways they shouldn't, and not fear them in ways they should. One of these days I'll write a comprehensive "how to use mods and have all the facts"-thread.

Technically the hop on bus thing was not a conflict in the traditional sense of the word (we usually mean something conflicting with another piece of CC), it was a poorly made mod that was not properly EP compatible. Typical example of irresponsible modder that made a decision when making the mod and did not inform the user. Whether by conscious choice or lack of understanding of how modding works, I don't know.

I realize I may come off sharper than I intend to on this topic, because I am passionate about it and I get frustrated seeing people having issues with their games they want to solve and having incorrect or misleading information to go on. I am sorry. All I want is for everyone to be able to use mods and know what they are getting in terms of effect on game, so that their game behaves exactly like they want it to.

If you give more information on the VC conflicts (picture of HCDU report for example, or links to the mods) I can most likely tell you what the conflicts actually means in terms of in-game behavior, so that you can decide what would work best for you.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 4:54 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 3rd Aug 2017 at 5:23 AM.
I agree completely. I was afraid I upset you. If you ever start that thread, I'll be one of the firsts to subscribe to it. Everything you said makes perfect sense...once you say it, so thank you. I'll run the HCD once more and show you the conflicts. Like you already know, they are tweaking the same resources.

Here are my 24 possible conflicts. I'll take any advice.

Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 11:57 AM
I agree completely. I was afraid I upset you. If you ever start that thread, I'll be one of the firsts to subscribe to it. Everything you said makes perfect sense...once you say it, so thank you. I'll run the HCD once more and show you the conflicts. Like you already know, they are tweaking the same resources.

Here are my 24 possible conflicts. I'll take any advice.

I can not help with the InTeeninmator ones or the Visitor Controller ones. However I see that you are using No Baby Toddler Swarming.package
and BO - Less Toddler Annoyance.package, well this one is fairlly straight forward as both Mods are doing some of the same things.

I checked what BoilingOil wrote about his Mod though and this is what he wrote "NOTE: HCDU *will* report a number of conflicts with mods such as TwoJeffs' "No Baby Toddler Swarming", or Pescado's "nobabyharrassment". This is perfectly normal. These other mods also do a lot of stuff that my mod does *not* conflict with. So if you load my mod last, you'll have the best of both worlds!", so according to BoilingOil you can easily have both, just make sure that his loads last.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 2:55 PM
Yes...I read that too, this is why I added an a, to Pes mod to be sure Bo loads last.
Though I am not even sure what he means...the bragging way he choose to explain is quite confusing to me. Does he means..his mod conflicts with way less mods than Pescado's? or does he say that both his and pes won't do the same thing?
How can I have best of both worlds, if both edit the same resources?...
Adding some of BO's mods is recent anyway. (baby, toddler related mods)

\downloads\HACKS\aNo Baby Toddler Swarming.package
\downloads\HACKS\BO - Feed Baby - Main - special\BO - Feed Baby - Main - special.package

\downloads\HACKS\BO - Less Toddler Annoyance.package

Inteen will conflict with itself and other mods..this is a price to pay. I am actually considering keeping it or not.

Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 4:01 PM
Yes...I read that too, this is why I added an a, to Pes mod to be sure Bo loads last.
Though I am not even sure what he means...the bragging way he choose to explain is quite confusing to me. Does he means..his mod conflicts with way less mods than Pescado's? or does he say that both his and pes won't do the same thing?
How can I have best of both worlds, if both edit the same resources?...
Adding some of BO's mods is recent anyway. (baby, toddler related mods)

\downloads\HACKS\BO - Feed Baby - Main - special\BO - Feed Baby - Main - special.package

\downloads\HACKS\BO - Less Toddler Annoyance.package

Inteen will conflict with itself and other mods..this is a price to pay. I am actually considering keeping it or not.

My take on what BoilingOil wrote is that his MOD and Two Jeff's Mod do conflict, but they aren't modifying all of the exact same things.

My own solution is that I just have these:
BO - Feed Baby - Main - special.package
BO - Feed Baby - Nursemaids H&F.package
BO - Less Feed Baby.package
BO - Less Toddler Annoyance.package

and not No Baby Toddler Swarming.package

BoilingOil's four MODs together work more the way I want to have the game work than Two Jeff's Mod or Pescado's Mod does.
I didn't really read about Pescado's version, but I did read the readme file on No Baby Toddler Swarming and this is what I am going by when I figure that I want BoilingOil's four MODs instead.

I don't have InTeen so I can't really comment about it, other than have it load first I guess.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 4:42 PM
Ok then. I'll try this. Thank you

Mad Poster
#19 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 1:37 AM
Though I am not even sure what he means...the bragging way he choose to explain is quite confusing to me.

Well that makes two of us

Thank you for the list. I will get back to you when I've had time to look at it.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 2:13 AM
Thank you Gummi. Just know that I took No baby toddler swarming out of my game. kept just the BO's mods you see. haven't play since i took it out, so I didn't test yet.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#21 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 6:40 PM
You can ignore the first line, with inTeen conflicting with a mod that requires inTeen, that's evidently by design, and the same with zdf_compatible_apktr_InTeenimater_B.package (what is that anyway?).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 12:49 AM
No idea Nysha..I can't recall.
Oh! That...

Or, if you prefer...that ...