Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 12:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Nvidia Control Panel Best settings - Sims 2
Hi guys, I have a laptop Acer Aspire V3-572G, with 8 GB Ram and Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz processor; the graphic driver is a Nvdia GeForce 840M. I bought it back in 2015 and until now it has always been perfect to play stuff on high settings. I manage to play both Sims 2 and 4 on highest settings, and I've never had a lag... until yesterday. A new update from the Nvidia site came out and I've installed. At first, I noticed that the shadows and the reflections were not properly set, then I found out the game couldn't use the Nvidia driver and it was only available on the integrated video card. Anyway, eventually I've managed to fix it but now I have a little problem with the "blurriness", since it looks like while I stop from moving the mouse and I stay still, the game get blurred. Before I didn't have any problem, apart from a "line" that would separate the upper part of the screen from the down one (the upper was usually a bit blurred, but it was not so bad).

http://imgur.com/a/ASggN
1- As you can See, the face of the Sim it's kinda of blurred
2-Her clothes look ok
3-The fance and the terrain are perfect

Now, I tryed to fix it changing manually the settings in the Nvidia Control Panel, but I can't manage to fix this thing... Does anybody now how to help me? Which ones are the best settings for the Control Panel? I'm very sorry to not be able to explain with the proper terms the problem Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 12:41 PM
Did you fix what you have fixed by adjusting the graphicrules file?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 1:36 PM
It could also be you are wearing down your card, it wasn't a good one to start with and playing demanding games like sims4 on high settings could be shortening its life. NVIDEA even say its not meant for hard core games. http://laptoping.com/gpus/product/n...gt-840m-review/ I would be careful with what you play, probably not playing sims 4 at all or only on low settings. My card is old (6 years) and was a very good card when I bought it but it can't handle sims 4.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Did you fix what you have fixed by adjusting the graphicrules file?

Nope, I've just edited the settings of the Control panel. Nothing else.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It could also be you are wearing down your card, it wasn't a good one to start with and playing demanding games like sims4 on high settings could be shortening its life. NVIDEA even say its not meant for hard core games. http://laptoping.com/gpus/product/n...gt-840m-review/ I would be careful with what you play, probably not playing sims 4 at all or only on low settings. My card is old (6 years) and was a very good card when I bought it but it can't handle sims 4.

The thing is I play Sims 2 way more often than 4. I'd like to play the 3 as well bad that game is so bad structured that I can't handle it. I think I just moved around the wrong settings XD
I'm trying to change them again, I was wondering if any of you has ever tryed to mnually change those settings as well.
Screenshots
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 3:05 PM
Have a look at this:
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 3:42 PM
Thank you very much, I'll see if I manage to fix the settings from there!
Thanks again guys