Latest Site News

Theme Seasons and Celebrations - posted on 1st Oct 2017 at 1:52 PM
Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 689 times.
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 2:32 PM
Default [GTW Scientist] SimRay "Transform" - questions
Hello,

I have some questions about the SimRay from the scientist career (from Get To Work). I can't seem to find any guide about what the SimRay actually does - in details.

I thought the SimRay transformed objects into objects from the same category. I've bought my sim only shitty furniture - thinking that she could use the SimRay to get better furniture.

For example, I've bought the worst fridge and thought the SimRay would transform it into a better fridge... BUT MY FRIDGE IS NOW A SHOWER. MY TRASHCAN IS A CANDLE. AND MY STOVE IS A FLOWER.

You should have seen my face when I thought my shitty trashcan was going to transform into the "Touchless TrashCan" but transformed into a candle.

Anyway. Could anyone familiar with the scientist career help me out here ?

Thank you guyssss.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 2:44 PM
A wall-mounted object will become another wall-mounted object, an object on top of a surface will become another object that can be placed on a surface, and the new object will have a footprint that is the same or smaller than the old one. the rest is random.
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 2:57 PM
Haaa, that's awesome, I think you should just collect the flower and transform it forward, it can't get worse right? Unless you burn the whole house down like my sim did, oh well, or burn herself, and got killed, and had to abandon that save...
I have seen many interesting mods floating around like to kill or impregnate other sims with that SimRay, but I have not picked it up again ever since that disaster.
#4 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 6:57 PM
Theorist
#5 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 8:50 PM
from my testing it USED to work so that a fridge would turn into a different fridge etc, but that was changed in a patch at which point I stopped using the sim ray altogether :\
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 11:51 PM
Just be careful: Sometimes the items being transform erupt into flames.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Theorist
#7 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 9:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
Just be careful: Sometimes the items being transform erupt into flames.

If you're not your home lot it can be difficult to stop the fire/repair the damage.

And often the item that is burning prevents you from putting out the fire to begin with.

RIP FutureSim Lab .-.