Scholar
#26 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 9:22 PM
How I do not miss menstruation...

Thanks, hysterectomy!
Theorist
#27 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenplumbbob
While I totally understand why this topic went the way it did, could you stay on topic please? If you want to discuss any further though, I would recommend making a thread in our off-topic discussion forum: http://www.modthesims.info/fd.php?f=580

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShigemiNotoge
I'm done with this conversation.

But thanks for the offer!

I like the idea of this mod, though I'm still iffy on having infertile as a reward trait. Since both cheats and mods exist to add or remove hidden traits. But hey, whatever is easier I guess.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 2:38 PM
I don't really want to join or restart a conversation about the infertile reward as such, but guys, I'm a bit confused here. Isn't there already the option - albeit perhaps more gently worded - when you make a sim? You know, the box where you check whether your sim will be able to make other sims pregnant, become pregnant, or neither. Wouldn't the "neither" have the same effect? Or am I just truly as lost on this topic as I feel?

Also, this is just me, but I can think of few things I would want in my game LESS than menstruation in any kind or form. Nope, not ever. Nor would I want to trade the pregnancy system already in the game for what is described here to be honest. Still, whatever floats your boat and all.
Test Subject
#29 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 3:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShigemiNotoge
Except every woman experiences cramps differently? I know some women who are mildly discomforted and others who literally need to down an entire bottle of painkillers just to get through it. My ex would actually be extra pleasant and friendly to everyone when on PMS, but once her period started she turned into a raving lunatic. But hey, according to the agrees and disagrees, everyone assumes that every single woman is exactly the same and absolutely nothing they experience can have any form of individual variation. so, congrats on being identical I guess! I'm done with this conversation.

I'm only referencing the psychological negative effects of PMS, not the physical effects of having a period. There is a difference, and obviously some women have awful cramps. I'm only saying for the average woman, this is the way it plays out. Having extremely painful periods is another medical condition entirely, and not one I was referring to. No one is saying people are identical, but there is a consistency within the human reproductive system. I'm not talking about outliers, I'm simply trying to offer information from a medical perspective that might help the modder if they wish to go with that level of realism.
Test Subject
#30 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 3:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuraiWolfy
Well aren't you lucky not having to deal with bad periods. I, as well as my mother and two of my best friends, experience horrible cramping during periods that's so painful its hard to move around much. Going through a lot of pain and/or heavy blood flow is a normal period for some women, and I hate it when the ones lucky enough not to have ones that bad think they're faking it because we're not. I hate attention, and I sure as hell wouldn't want attention for bleeding out of my vagina and having cramps.

Lol did you read my post? I have PMDD - I've been hospitalized for a suicide attempt because of it. And again, I'm not talking about cramps or physical symptoms whilst on one's period, I'm referring strictly to PMS and how the decrease in hormones take their effect. Severe pain during a period is not often normal, if you genuinely have symptoms that affect your life, you need to see a doctor for it. Like I mentioned earlier, having periods so painful you genuinely need time off work/school, regularily have to cancel social plans, that could be caused by a very real disorder called endometriosis, and there is treatment available. I'm not trying to judge anyone, just offering my two cents on how the mod could look more realistic.
Theorist
#31 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 5:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryűchan
I don't really want to join or restart a conversation about the infertile reward as such, but guys, I'm a bit confused here. Isn't there already the option - albeit perhaps more gently worded - when you make a sim? You know, the box where you check whether your sim will be able to make other sims pregnant, become pregnant, or neither. Wouldn't the "neither" have the same effect? Or am I just truly as lost on this topic as I feel?

o.o ... oh yeah...
Page 2 of 2