Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 5:54 PM
Default TS4 Crashes whenever I add a new sim
This has recently started happening (possibly due to mod conflicts.) I removed all my CC from the last week and nothing helped. I removed all my CC and I was able to add new sims to households again. The thing is, I have over 1,000 files worth of CC and I really don't feel like removing them and opening the game individually for every file. Does anyone know what kinds of CC could cause this problem? Or maybe if anyone has had this problem, what files you deleted to solve it?
Thanks.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 6:06 PM
Script mods that need updating would be the first thing I think of. Have you checked SimsVIP.com regarding updated mods? It has been the best so far at listing what is updated and what is not.

If you want, I can take a look at your mods folder - you would need to upload and send a link. I can check it out and run it through Sims 4 Studio (I do a visual check as well as updates). Having the exact mods folder also helps me to see what should and shouldn't be in there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
Script mods that need updating would be the first thing I think of. Have you checked SimsVIP.com regarding updated mods? It has been the best so far at listing what is updated and what is not.

If you want, I can take a look at your mods folder - you would need to upload and send a link. I can check it out and run it through Sims 4 Studio (I do a visual check as well as updates). Having the exact mods folder also helps me to see what should and shouldn't be in there.

Nevermind, I found it. It was a super outdated skin overlay that went to the bottom of my CC list because I have my files sorted by date. Thanks for offering the help though
Forum Resident
#4 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 6:44 PM
I am going through my daughter's mods folder right now. Watching K-dramas helps as it can be tedious sometimes, but hey, I have no life!! Glad you found it.