Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 5:50 AM
Default How to Install CC in my game without Game Launcher
I'm new to Sims3 (long time fan of Sims and Sims 2). I inherited my sister's Sims 3 disks and installed the base game + Generations + Supernatural and a few stuff packs.
The only mod I successfully applied is the 'no disk' start up, and downloaded the necessary patches etc.
Since I am not playing via Steam or Origin - nor use the Game Launcher - how do I make the downloaded CC work in my game?
So far I have downloaded a few hair styles, put them in the Downloads folder - only 2 out of 5 show up in the game. I tried to put them in the Mods/packages folder - same thing.
I also just downloaded the 'lasciel Stacked Containers' - extracted them, converted the pack into a package file - but now the instruction tells me to load the Game Launcher etc. But I do not use the Game Launcher..... so how do I get this house to show up in my game please.
Can someone please help me with this>
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 7:46 AM
Use packages. I have converted everything to packages that can be converted which is all except some patterns. Check the info. here about how to use packages instead. Much easier and far easier to pull CC in and out of your game.
Site Helper
#3 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 2:24 PM
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Setup_and_Files will tell you how to set up Package CC, and has the framework set up for you to download and extract so you don't need to set it up yourself. (The big blue "Download" in step 2.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 9:30 AM
Thanks all. Yep, worked it out.