Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 8:59 PM
Default Some crap to do with porting some models from TS2 to TS3
Hey,

So I'll have to convert some objects from TS2 to TS3 soon.....about half a dozen to start with. This is purely about getting the models from TS2's format into TS3's format. I haven't begun doing it yet, but I've already run into some complications.
Namely:
  1. My TS2 doesn't actually work and crashes on the loading screen
  2. I can't use Blender's SIMGEOM plugin thing because it's broken beyond all repair

So I'm generally wondering how viable it is to take, say, 4 car models from TS2, extract the assets using TS2's equivalent of S3PE, converting them to a format that TS3 can read, then somehow putting it back together and plugging the thing into the thing to make all 4 function like buyable, functioning cars. I have a month, max, to do it.

Thanks

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 6:05 PM
I found something that might be able to help you out on your project https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIEDxjjXXXM. Why do you have such a tight deadline?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 8:08 PM
I'm aiming to do 1 episode a month, and these episodes already take up well over 100 hours without a lengthy asset creation process. On top of that, I also need these things finished so I can have them in the game when I'm recording the episode, which is about halfway through that month. So the quicker I get it over with, the better.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#4 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 8:19 AM
Why not use SimPE to Clone the object and then extract the meshes.