Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 11:02 PM
Default Help Going to Answer HQ
https://simsvip.com/2018/07/17/the-...g-to-answer-hq/

Hmmm, I have never been very impressed by Answer HQ. Maybe I am wrong, but this seems like a step down/back/away to me?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 11:15 PM
I dislike that Answer HQ. When I saw the news a few days ago I was just annoyed by it.
Everytime I was googling for a bug/glitch it showed me the Answer HQ as one of the top results but it never once helped me. It's always the same copy-pasted answer about things I already tried and then it often stays unanswered. It also takes weirdly long to load and looks really old-school.
I guess we might get more replies there now if everyone has to move there, but I'm still not a fan of it.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 12:56 AM
In the case of TS4 it's probably better. crinrict had moved her bug threads over there a long time ago, because she couldn't properly handle them from within the Sims forum for some technical reason. And to be honest, if the Help section at the OF is still how I experienced it recently it is just one particular user posting the same pre-fabricated responses and then the thread dies because everyone thinks that it is answered.
Instructor
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I can't speak for the TS4 help forum as the only place a I read and or talk about TS4 forum-wise is here, but as for the rest of EA's titles that are set up that way, the places are like morgues with tumbleweeds blowing through. The last time I got curious about how EA was handling such things was shortly after Sims Mobile came out. Like on Twitter, the trend of cherry-picking which questions to answer shined while everything else was left for dead.

Heaven forbid a EA employee should answer a question that may have the ability to make them squirm a bit in their chair...

I agree. It seems like they're making fans help other fans. If you look at the forums bugs section we have rosemow helping simmers work their issues with the game and then there is Crinrict handling things in the Answers HQ. Two individuals who are not employed nor paid by EA maintain this for their (EA's) game... It just gets utterly ridiculous and embarrassing on EAs end.