Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 2:54 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Overlapping thought bubble spam
When a sim is trying to enter a bathroom while it's occupied, like maids and butlers wanting to clean, they get spamming overlapping thought bubbles that create severe lag. For a long time I didn't know why my game sometimes lagged like crazy for no reason. I solve it by either deleting the sim or doing force error. But is there a more permanent solution? A hack maybe? I'm so tired of this happening. I always have to look through the lot to find the offending sim. Is it just me?

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 2:58 AM
It took me a really long time to notice this too. I haven't found a work around for it yet except doing the same as you, deleting the Sim. Forcing error only helps for a second and then they're back to spamming, literally.

I'm going to keep an eye on here to see if anyone has any solutions.

Sorry that I was practically useless. I guess you could use a "No Privacy Bathroom" mod... I mean, I will, just to get rid of the annoying lag!!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 11:22 AM
Force erroring works on maids and butlers, they kindly walk away. Not on visitors though.

Haha I'll probably consider that what else can I do? Do you know where to find it?

Btw, I think I know why I haven't always had this problem that I can remember, I think it's because of pescado's noroutefail. Instead of stomping, they just get a thought bubble, that's why it's overlapping because they get the next one so fast instead of after every animation loop.

But I can't live without noroutefail now, so removing it isn't an option though. XD

Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 11:28 AM
An easy way to check out that theory is to take out noroutefail and see if the problem still occurs.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 11:37 AM
Yeah I could. But without that mod, they get the thought bubble at the beginning of each "stomp and wave" animation loop right? I'm pretty sure. XD

Scholar
#6 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Haha I'll probably consider that what else can I do? Do you know where to find it?

You can try this one, I've yet to test if it works

http://www.modthesims.info/d/289163...oom-080712.html
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 10:12 PM
Thank you! ^^