Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for February - posted on 1st Mar 2017 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 6573 (Who?), Viewed: 628530 times.
Page 263 of 263
Lab Assistant
#6551 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 10:32 PM
I am moving from my origin copy of the base game to my disc copy of the base game and it does not make me put in a code. did I do something wrong?
Scholar
#6552 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtwoface
I am moving from my origin copy of the base game to my disc copy of the base game and it does not make me put in a code. did I do something wrong?

This is an uninstall/reinstall on the same computer? I believe the code is stored in a really obscure place in the Registry, apart from everything else. Even those who do a Registry cleanup in between installs tend to miss that and find that their code is remembered for them. It's usually not a problem in itself.
Top Secret Researcher
#6553 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCAC
Thanks all the replies and help.
I think (fingers crossed) it was the custom neighborhood or some routing problem making my Sims freeze. That and or bad/too many conflicting sliders (I had a lot of stalling in CAS). So I got rid of the sliders, saved my custom houses, custom community hangouts I built, and my custom Sims. I put them in an EA neighborhood after dumping all the locals. So far, so good.
I do clear caches and featured items each time before I play. I'll see how it goes. Thanks guys for the help and ideas.
I'm glad it's solved Custom hood sometimes have routing holes or tiny deco fenced spaces where pets will constantly get stuck in or unroutable rabbit holes, things like that.
Top Secret Researcher
#6554 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babahara
My sims refuse to go into Waylon's Haunt bar. It's unmodified, Bridgeport, I never edited it or visited it before. And not only my sims, a mixologist can't enter, as well. Any ideas? I hate other bars, they're cool but I hate them because they involve riding the elevator. It's a real pain to wait for the whole group to gather inside of the elevator, takes too much time.

The door is present, sims just refuse to walk in and stand at the door indefinitely.


If replacing the door doesn't work, try saving the lot to your bin, bulldozing the in-world lot, and placing the one from your bin. This often solves routing and other errors that arise in regular game play for time to time.

Receptacle Refugee ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Top Secret Researcher
#6555 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 1:39 AM
^ I used to have that door not working anymore bug for (real life) weeks. The public library would constantly bork, same symptoms. Only the library, no other lot seemed plagued (but I didn't check every lot in the hood, so who knows). I had to do what Tangie said every couple of sim days. Ended up routinely doing it every sunday, as a ritual lol. I would repair it and it would break a couple of days later... Until I removed Error Trap and the Debug Enabler during a spring cleaning. Anyway the library never borked again. Maybe a shot in the dark Bahabara but if you use one of these 2 mods, try by removing it?
Test Subject
#6556 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 2:30 AM
uh i wanted to know if you could use looping animations(testingcheatsenabled true then moviemakecheatsenabled then shift+leftclick on sim and click animation) do they work on pets?? if so how do i get them to work without the pet o glitch out??
Test Subject
#6557 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 4:31 AM
my mods wont go into my game. i know you have to put them into a mods foler but they still arent in my game what am i doing wrong????
Scholar
#6558 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 4:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babahara
My sims refuse to go into Waylon's Haunt bar. It's unmodified, Bridgeport, I never edited it or visited it before. And not only my sims, a mixologist can't enter, as well. Any ideas? I hate other bars, they're cool but I hate them because they involve riding the elevator. It's a real pain to wait for the whole group to gather inside of the elevator, takes too much time.

The door is present, sims just refuse to walk in and stand at the door indefinitely.

On the ground of the lot, NRaas > MC > Object Reset > Non-Inventory and select the style of door that matches the one suspected to be stuck (MC Cheats module required). All doors matching that style on that lot will be reset at the same time. If any of them were stuck open (and with a bogus in-use state), you may even hear them all slam shut. I have this happen now and then with many commercial lots in my worlds, some residentials, and can usually attribute this to a sim being reset for other reasons as they were queued to use the door or my having saved (as) and then quit the game as the door was about to be used. But some lots, as mentioned by others here, are just problematic this way and seem to want to be replaced with a fresh copy.

And no, you do not need to remove ErrorTrap or DebugEnabler unless you really want to for other unknown reasons. (honestly, no offense but this advice is getting old quickly)
Scholar
#6559 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 4:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinTheErin
my mods wont go into my game. i know you have to put them into a mods foler but they still arent in my game what am i doing wrong????

Maybe this will help?
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files
Top Secret Researcher
#6560 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 6:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
On the ground of the lot, NRaas > MC > Object Reset > Non-Inventory and select the style of door that matches the one suspected to be stuck (MC Cheats module required). All doors matching that style on that lot will be reset at the same time. If any of them were stuck open (and with a bogus in-use state), you may even hear them all slam shut. I have this happen now and then with many commercial lots in my worlds, some residentials, and can usually attribute this to a sim being reset for other reasons as they were queued to use the door or my having saved (as) and then quit the game as the door was about to be used. But some lots, as mentioned by others here, are just problematic this way and seem to want to be replaced with a fresh copy.

Is MC's reset different from DebugEnabler's Object \ Reset? Sometimes I have had to replace the door entirely because Sims would still refuse to use it, even after it slammed shut and I also reset the entire lot for good measure :/

I also have a Simblr: sweetdevil-sims, where I post downloads!
If you have concerns about my stuff, please PM me! I see PMs much faster than thread comments :)
Scholar
#6561 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 6:41 PM Last edited by igazor : 22nd Mar 2017 at 8:33 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdevil
Is MC's reset different from DebugEnabler's Object \ Reset? Sometimes I have had to replace the door entirely because Sims would still refuse to use it, even after it slammed shut and I also reset the entire lot for good measure :/

Yes, they do different things. My experience with DE object resets is that they will also reset any sim who has the object "in use" (really or not) and often it crashes my game if things are confused enough. MC is gentler than that and tries to extract the sims from intended or real object use before doing its thing.

MC Resetting the lot will also MC Reset the doors on it, so you are doing the same thing (plus more) along the way. And it will reset any sims who are on or perceived to be on the lot. It's not harmful, just more intrusive and would maybe be the second thing I would try after the suspected object. Or if I cannot figure out which objects/doors to suspect.

The third thing would be to look for any abandoned social jigs on the lot that might be getting in the way and flush them.
NRaas > MC > Object Stats >Non-Inventory > (look for anything with the word "jig" in the name and select to Flush)

The fourth thing would be replacing the entire lot with a copy.
Scholar
#6562 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 2:33 AM
Regarding world design, anyone know how this is done?



The tilted and submerged buildings. Thinking of doing some wasteland world where the only signs of a prewar city are buried under sand dunes.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Site Helper
#6563 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 5:12 AM
Can an OMSP be used in CAW? My guess would be tipsy OMSPs.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2016 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#6564 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 5:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
Yes, they do different things. My experience with DE object resets is that they will also reset any sim who has the object "in use" (really or not) and often enough it crashes my game if things are confused enough. MC is gentler than that and tries to extract the sims from intended or real object use before doing its thing.

MC Resetting the lot will also MC Reset the doors on it, so you are doing the same thing (plus more) along the way. And it will reset any sims who are on or perceived to be on the lot. It's not harmful, just more intrusive and would maybe be the second thing I would try after the suspected object. Or if I cannot figure out which objects/doors to suspect.

The third thing would be to look for any abandoned social jigs on the lot that might be getting in the way and flush them.
NRaas > MC > Object Stats >Non-Inventory > (look for anything with the word "jig" in the name and select to Flush)

The fourth thing would be replacing the entire lot with a copy.


I'm not especially aiming this post at you, igazor, I'm just going to camp on to your post to add that the majority of the time if I shift-click on the ground and select 'build on this lot' and try to replace the borked door(s), my game will crash. It doesn't happen if I go to edit town and replace the door that way. Just adding that in there.

But I also want to say that as far as I know, the simmer asking this question never verified that the door was the problem in the first place. I've had lots where the routing just got messed up somehow but if I saved to the library, bulldozed, and replaced, the lot would be fine.

Receptacle Refugee ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
dodgy builder
#6565 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_wolf_12
Regarding world design, anyone know how this is done?



The tilted and submerged buildings. Thinking of doing some wasteland world where the only signs of a prewar city are buried under sand dunes.


It looks submerged in water. What about putting down the buildings and then adjust the waterlevel?

If you put down those buildings like a bridge, you can probably use the handles. They have to be available in caw metadata, but that shouldn't be too difficult with s3pe.
Theorist
#6566 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 7:45 PM
@igazor, thanks! The door really was in use.
Top Secret Researcher
#6567 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 9:18 PM Last edited by MiniMimi : 22nd Mar 2017 at 9:39 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
And no, you do not need to remove ErrorTrap or DebugEnabler unless you really want to for other unknown reasons. (honestly, no offense but this advice is getting old quickly)
Why is it so? I'm sharing my experience, not trolling or anything. Error trap - as its name implies - should be used when you have a problem, then removed when the problem is solved, but in no way it should be kept for no good reason. Besides the library problem, from time to time Error Trap would go nut for nothing, like throwing 700 errors for a dead fish in a bowl. Or when a sim was late to work on a register. Or when I shift delete stuff (which I do a lot). Debug Enabler is only useful for machinima players and very rarely comes in use for casual play - only for that so cool reset walk and even then it's only a temporary fix. Removing both mods stopped my library from borking ever again and it cut the loading times in 2 (not kidding there!). Shoving me like that doesn't change my experience, sorry. Now I don't know which one of the 2 did the lot issue, yes that's true and I never said otherwise..
Scholar
#6568 Old Yesterday at 12:30 AM Last edited by igazor : Yesterday at 12:44 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMimi
Why is it so? I'm sharing my experience, not trolling or anything. Error trap - as its name implies - should be used when you have a problem, then removed when the problem is solved, but in no way it should be kept for no good reason. Besides the library problem, from time to time Error Trap would go nut for nothing, like throwing 700 errors for a dead fish in a bowl. Or when a sim was late to work on a register. Or when I shift delete stuff (which I do a lot). Debug Enabler is only useful for machinima players and very rarely comes in use for casual play - only for that so cool reset walk and even then it's only a temporary fix. Removing both mods stopped my library from borking ever again and it cut the loading times in 2 (not kidding there!). Shoving me like that doesn't change my experience, sorry. Now I don't know which one of the 2 did the lot issue, yes that's true and I never said otherwise..

First of all, complaints or the sharing of unexpected results are of course fine but arguably better discussed at NRaas than here. However, your posts do cross a line when they transition from your opinion on how the mods might best be used or how they best fit into your own game to outright telling a player to remove them because they cause issues of their own. For the vast majority of users, they do not cause these issues.

The usage you describe here is totally counter to the intent of ErrorTrap. For most players its purpose is best served when, again as intended, it is left in the game at all times so that it can routinely perform the data cleanups it is meant to do ongoing throughout the sim day and to capture (trap) errors that could otherwise be game-breaking as they occur. We will (rarely) advise players to remove ErrorTrap temporarily if they get stuck in a situation where it generates hundreds or thousands of error reports in a loop but only after we get to read some of them and can suggest a way out of the error condition, then we would advise that the mod goes right back in once whatever it is gets fixed. I think it's been around a year since I've seen a report on something like that that wasn't caused by a very unusual, not really compatible far-reaching mod from another party or one of our own mods in beta testing, still being worked on. DebugEnabler does nothing at all except reveal menus to commands that EA's developers left in the game with no other way to access; we have no control over what those commands actually do but the revealed interface to them should cause no problems for players who choose to keep the mod in place. I would hate to have to save, quit, put the mod back in, and reload the game or tell a player to do the same every time we need to access Fix Homeworld, Fix Invisible Sims, or run a DE Reset on a sim, just to name a few examples among many.

You may use NRaas mods (or not) as you see fit in your own game. We may point out that such is unusual or we may wonder why you haven't reached out to us for support with the unexpected, etc., but we have no real complaints about that.

I believe that you are honestly trying to be helpful with this kind of advice and I never accused you of trolling. But the advice is, I am sorry to say, misguided and not really helpful to the players who are seeking assistance here. If you feel that I have "shoved" you in any way, which sounds awfully rude or at least heavy-handed of me, or am still doing so, then I apologize for that. Please feel free to contact an MTS moderator and lodge a complaint. I would be happy to continue this discussion away from the forum boards as at this rate we aren't really accomplishing anything here.
Scholar
#6569 Old Yesterday at 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
It looks submerged in water. What about putting down the buildings and then adjust the waterlevel?

If you put down those buildings like a bridge, you can probably use the handles. They have to be available in caw metadata, but that shouldn't be too difficult with s3pe.

Think it'd be possible to bury it in the ground via that method? Something like this:

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
dodgy builder
#6570 Old Yesterday at 6:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_wolf_12
Think it'd be possible to bury it in the ground via that method? Something like this:


Yes there is tutorials around for making objects visible in caw metadata. I'm only on my phone at the moment. I did that with Stranda, and it was just a tickbox on s3pe.

The biggest problem will be to find the right file to fix.
Theorist
#6571 Old Yesterday at 7:22 PM Last edited by Babahara : Yesterday at 7:40 PM.
I don't understand why someone would want to remove ErrorTrap. It's like a number 1 mod to make sure your game save doesn't get corrupt. I had so many various anti-corruption mods in TS2 that I appreciate ErrorTrap being there and looking out for my game.

///

Anyway, now I have a bona fide stupid question. Haven't played much with University, and now I'm astounded to find out that there is a career I didn't know about. Can't find any info on it online, either. Hm. When you click on Administration Building and then 'Join Faculty', you're shown a career window and offered to make studying your lifelong job. At first I thought it was similar to Education career, but the level names are different, and NRAAS MC shows it as a distinct career called 'University'.

Can anyone explain what it's about? Is it a genuine career? Any info on levels? Where do you live if you take it on - main hood or University hood?

Stupid google only shows art appraiser, sports agent, etc. when you search for 'sims 3 university career'.
Lab Assistant
#6572 Old Yesterday at 9:18 PM
Are you sure this isn't a mod? I seem to recall seeing one here a few weeks ago to let you join a university professor career...

Eta: found it: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=503703
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#6573 Old Today at 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
Yes there is tutorials around for making objects visible in caw metadata. I'm only on my phone at the moment. I did that with Stranda, and it was just a tickbox on s3pe.

The biggest problem will be to find the right file to fix.

It's here, I googled it because I knew I'd seen one, then I discovered I wrote it. Bah, getting old!
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3627600

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
RUSH
Please try my Sims 2 and Sims 3 worlds!
Sims File Share- ask me for a code :)
Site Helper
#6574 Old Today at 1:01 AM
At least you remembered about it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2016 Yearbook
Page 263 of 263
Back to top