Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for February - posted on 1st Mar 2017 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 54 (Who?), Viewed: 5434 times.
Page 3 of 3
Forum Resident
#51 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 3:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Some people want to identify with their sims, while other people want to play with diversity.

I guess I've never had an trouble identifying with sims who don't look like me, so I'm really not sure why this is being presented as an "either or." I think of all the sims I've played, the sims I've made the strongest personal connection with were actually Ophelia Nigmos and Johnny Smith, neither of whom looks even remotely like me.
Mad Poster
#52 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 3:19 AM
Quote:
Nobody complains if a player only have dark-skinned sims, or if they only play with gay couples in their games, so why should they complain for the rest?
In New Desconia they're all gay or bi. There was one straight Sim (Sebastian Reilly) but one of his girlfriends persuaded him that he'd have more fun if he did it with boys too, so now he's bi. By the way, they're all Romance too! I just kept quiet about it (until now) in case anyone complained!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#53 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
I guess I've never had an trouble identifying with sims who don't look like me, so I'm really not sure why this is being presented as an "either or." I think of all the sims I've played, the sims I've made the strongest personal connection with were actually Ophelia Nigmos and Johnny Smith, neither of whom looks even remotely like me.

I didn't mean it had to be either-or. Might as well be both, I just didn't write it. Also, identifying with a character doesn't have to be about how the character compares to you in looks. Could be you identify with their personality or their situation, or anything of the sort.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 3:29 AM
Quote:
As long as kids are adopted the proper way, (and if I remember correctly), all family ties will be broken when the kid is adopted. I'm not sure if they retain any memories. It's been very long since I tried this.

The adopted kids don't retain any memories (I wish they did), but the birth parents do. When I first started playing, poor Vidcund starved to death, leaving Pascal's daughter alone. After the social worker swooped, Jenny Smith adopted the little girl, and although Rachel had no memories of her father, Pascal kept phoning and asking if she was available to talk (even though Rachel was only a toddler and couldn't come to the phone!). Since he hadn't visited Jenny and met Rachel as his niece, he must have remembered her as his daughter.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#55 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 3:40 AM
@BlueAlien http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...397#post3935397 for setting up memories.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 3 of 3