Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Creator Theme: Space! - posted on 8th Jul 2018 at 6:02 PM
Replies: 143 (Who?), Viewed: 36290 times.
Page 6 of 6
Field Researcher
#126 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 11:30 PM
No you do not need to remove it, but you do need to list it in your write-up like you would CC. It's good form to also list which EP's /Stuff-packs you used for her clothes/accessories. The sim itself doesn't "require" any of those items, so I don't think you have to tick the boxes on that page of the upload (not 100% sure on that, but I think so). In this case, the game won't "break" if you your sim has that sort of stuff on them and the person installing her does not have it. The game will simply swap those items. This is unlike non-default skin. That will cause some issues, which is why you have to remove non-default skins.

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#127 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2m1too
No you do not need to remove it, but you do need to list it in your write-up like you would CC. It's good form to also list which EP's /Stuff-packs you used for her clothes/accessories. The sim itself doesn't "require" any of those items, so I don't think you have to tick the boxes on that page of the upload (not 100% sure on that, but I think so). In this case, the game won't "break" if you your sim has that sort of stuff on them and the person installing her does not have it. The game will simply swap those items. This is unlike non-default skin. That will cause some issues, which is why you have to remove non-default skins.


Ok thank you, it's kinda confusing.

Yeah I think the only boxes you check are the ones absolutely necessary like a certain style or supernatural. I think in this case I might tick the WA box

My best idea ever: combine my love for Egypt with my love of sims
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#128 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 2:59 PM
OK I am trying to create an archive file but the program in the tutorial is different from mine. I use 7-zip (I think that's how it spell) and the setup is different, anybody else use this program and know how to do it?

My best idea ever: combine my love for Egypt with my love of sims
Field Researcher
#129 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 11:02 PM
You can always take a look at my celeb sims for ideas on how to set up yours. You don't have to do it that way, but it seemed generally acceptable way to do it for upload (at least when I last uploaded one).

Regarding 7-zip - How much help are you needing? (i.e. installing it? do you use it already, just need to know how to use it in this context?)

If it's already installed, you "should" be able to right-click on your .sim file (assuming a PC here, I don't know about Mac). Select 7-Zip-->Add to "blahblah.zip". Don't worry about the filename too much, you can change it after you make the archive. That's the easiest way. You can select 7-Zip-->Add to Archive..., and have more control over all the settings. But I really just go the easy way. I'm lazy like that.

Installing it... I'm a little fuzzier on. Pretty sure I just installed with default settings. (Been a while... lol)

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#130 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 5:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2m1too
You can always take a look at my celeb sims for ideas on how to set up yours. You don't have to do it that way, but it seemed generally acceptable way to do it for upload (at least when I last uploaded one).

Regarding 7-zip - How much help are you needing? (i.e. installing it? do you use it already, just need to know how to use it in this context?)

If it's already installed, you "should" be able to right-click on your .sim file (assuming a PC here, I don't know about Mac). Select 7-Zip-->Add to "blahblah.zip". Don't worry about the filename too much, you can change it after you make the archive. That's the easiest way. You can select 7-Zip-->Add to Archive..., and have more control over all the settings. But I really just go the easy way. I'm lazy like that.

Installing it... I'm a little fuzzier on. Pretty sure I just installed with default settings. (Been a while... lol)



Yeah I've been looking at how others upload to get a feel for it.

Thank you, so much I've never used it before, even though was already pre-installed on my computer when we got it. Now I just have one problem MTS uses MB for size and 7-zip uses KB and I'm sure how to tell if it's small enough

PS Expect an update on Akhenaten later, and possibly a slight wardrobe change for Nefertiti.

My best idea ever: combine my love for Egypt with my love of sims
Field Researcher
#131 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 2:37 PM
1000 kb = 1 mb (in decimal, it's 1024 if you are talking binary). (Or, go to Google and type: convert kb to mb and you should get their converter. Just punch in the size of your file.)

(Or dead simply... If you are in the part the world that uses the comma as the 1000's separator, just change the comma to a period and there is your answer.) Sims are pretty small before you even zip them. My biggest one isn't even 1MB without zipping it.

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#132 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 3:03 PM Last edited by Katie Turner : 14th Apr 2018 at 3:45 PM. Reason: Pictures added
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2m1too
1000 kb = 1 mb (in decimal, it's 1024 if you are talking binary). (Or, go to Google and type: convert kb to mb and you should get their converter. Just punch in the size of your file.)

(Or dead simply... If you are in the part the world that uses the comma as the 1000's separator, just change the comma to a period and there is your answer.) Sims are pretty small before you even zip them. My biggest one isn't even 1MB without zipping it.


Thank you!

As promised here are some photos of Akhenaten, I did the best I could with what I have, The collar on clips on almost every pose I have.





I couldn't decide on an angle for the 3/4 pose






I'm also Including a mini post about Nefertiti
going through old photos I realized I had changed her athletic and swimwear

Her current Athletic dress is from Into the future, her original was a denecklaced version of the mermaid sarong from the store (It's a completely separate package so you don't need store version for it to work) it can be found here http://naiyasfury.tumblr.com/post/99349610518/follower-gift-ouroboros-special-simsl3gacies It's also the same place I got Akhenaten's formalwear, which can be seen in the bottom right The Urban Loin Skort and the Massai tie top

Anyway her current swimwear was basegame and her original swimwear was The Sarong away with me from the store, I've included comparisons so can decided which you'd prefer.

Current is on the left, original on the right.





P.s lighting make look different on Nefertiti, I messed up my camera presets


The one fro

My best idea ever: combine my love for Egypt with my love of sims
Field Researcher
#133 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 6:56 PM
For Akhenaten, I'm not the greatest at explaining, so I've included a picture...



A) I don't remember if you are using custom sliders or not. If so, there is one either by aWT and another by Wotjek for the underside of the jaw, to smooth this area out.
B) I think the tip of the nose needs to be rotated down a little.
C) Again, custom slider land. Probably OneEuroMutt. To narrow the ears. I'm not 100% sure OEM has one for this, but I seem to recall one. It's not a major detail, though.

Also, the eyebrows need to be raised higher from the eye. You might need to raise the eye socket as well. Finally, the statue's face is almost closer to an elongated triangle. I'm thinking if you widen the face a tiny bit, then narrow the jaw?

Finally... I think it's GnatGoesSplat has a chin width slider. Reduce the EA chin 'scale' but then use GGS's chin width. So the chin is wider, but the entire chin isn't as large. If that makes sense??

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#134 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 7:48 PM Last edited by Katie Turner : 16th Apr 2018 at 2:23 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2m1too
For Akhenaten, I'm not the greatest at explaining, so I've included a picture...



A) I don't remember if you are using custom sliders or not. If so, there is one either by aWT and another by Wotjek for the underside of the jaw, to smooth this area out.
B) I think the tip of the nose needs to be rotated down a little.
C) Again, custom slider land. Probably OneEuroMutt. To narrow the ears. I'm not 100% sure OEM has one for this, but I seem to recall one. It's not a major detail, though.

Also, the eyebrows need to be raised higher from the eye. You might need to raise the eye socket as well. Finally, the statue's face is almost closer to an elongated triangle. I'm thinking if you widen the face a tiny bit, then narrow the jaw?

Finally... I think it's GnatGoesSplat has a chin width slider. Reduce the EA chin 'scale' but then use GGS's chin width. So the chin is wider, but the entire chin isn't as large. If that makes sense??


I don't think I have any sliders...

A) ok, I don't know who or what aWT is, so if you could point me in their direction. I know who wotjek is but can never find their stuff.

B) yeah I realized that after I had uploaded the pictures

C) I'll take a look

Ok no problem, and I think I raised the eye socket, but I'll take a look. Yeah the I was noticing that my myself but couldn't figure out how to do it, can you believe this is one of the simpler statues?

OK, I think I remember that slider. and yes that makes sense


UPDATE

made some changes eyebrows are at max height, but trying a new style. probably go back to original eyebrow






My best idea ever: combine my love for Egypt with my love of sims
Field Researcher
#135 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 11:59 AM Last edited by k2m1too : 16th Apr 2018 at 5:59 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Turner
I don't think I have any sliders...

A) ok, I don't know who or what aWT is, so if you could point me in their direction. I know who wotjek is but can never find their stuff.

B) yeah I realized that after I had uploaded the pictures

C) I'll take a look

Ok no problem, and I think I raised the eye socket, but I'll take a look. Yeah the I was noticing that my myself but couldn't figure out how to do it, can you believe this is one of the simpler statues?

OK, I think I remember that slider. and yes that makes sense


OOOPS! I should have given better information, like LINKS. Sorry! Let me try this again...

A) aWT is a creator who made a number of facial sliders. Unfortunately it seems my last known good link for them is now being blocked by my malware software. So I'm not going there again. In this case, Wotjek's (now known as anulaa89 apparently) slider will work. And I do have a good link (here) for that one.

C) I looked through OneEuroMutt's sliders and there is one for the ear. You can find it here.

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Field Researcher
#136 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2m1too
A) aWT is a creator who made a number of sliders that a lot of people use. Unfortunately it seems my last known good link for them is now being blocked by my malware software. So I'm not going there again.


UPDATE: I'm posting this in case you should happen to want these sliders and for anyone else who may be reading as well. One of my tumblr friends pointed me to a current working link for aWT's sliders. They can be found here.

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#137 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2m1too
OOOPS! I should have given better information, like LINKS. Sorry! Let me try this again...

A) aWT is a creator who made a number of facial sliders. Unfortunately it seems my last known good link for them is now being blocked by my malware software. So I'm not going there again. In this case, Wotjek's (now known as anulaa89 apparently) slider will work. And I do have a good link (here) for that one.

C) I looked through OneEuroMutt's sliders and there is one for the ear. You can find it here.


No problem, and ok I downloaded all the sliders, do you have any preference between aWT and Wotjek?

My best idea ever: combine my love for Egypt with my love of sims
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#138 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 12:40 PM
UPDATE:


I used a mix of all the sliders I downloaded









Also any onions on the Change to Nefertiti wardrobe? Because that's all that's left on her, except for description

My best idea ever: combine my love for Egypt with my love of sims
Field Researcher
#139 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 9:22 PM
I think he is coming along really well! I only have a couple of minor suggestions. I can't decide if it is just the nose that needs to be pulled out or his whole profile. Nose depth and Profile I think are the sliders. The reason I can't decide is the way the statue's head is jutted forward. It makes it hard to judge. Maybe also reduce the 'dent' at the nose bridge?

As for Nefertiti's clothing, I tend to like the original (right) clothing. But ultimately its up to you. If you are trying to reduce dependence on store/non-base game, then your choices are good.

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
Original Poster
24th Apr 2018 at 3:34 PM
This message has been deleted by Katie Turner. Reason: update
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#140 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2m1too
I think he is coming along really well! I only have a couple of minor suggestions. I can't decide if it is just the nose that needs to be pulled out or his whole profile. Nose depth and Profile I think are the sliders. The reason I can't decide is the way the statue's head is jutted forward. It makes it hard to judge. Maybe also reduce the 'dent' at the nose bridge?

As for Nefertiti's clothing, I tend to like the original (right) clothing. But ultimately its up to you. If you are trying to reduce dependence on store/non-base game, then your choices are good.


OK I'm back, sorry I took so long, I had some conflicting CC, with one of the eyeball mods and than my game kept crashing. But knock on wood it seems ok now. So there's been changes, I finally figured out it was the bright yellow makeup and collar that I didn't like, so I changed it to more traditional colors. Also I went a headed and changed the default Skin to Kurasoberina Primer Skin tone, specifically the HD+ (2K Faces & Bodies) default. Personally I don't see a difference.

Anywho enjoy







Screenshots

My best idea ever: combine my love for Egypt with my love of sims
Field Researcher
#141 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 1:52 PM
He's really coming along and I think he is quite close. I did an overlay of you sim on the sculpture for comparison. I think if you can move his eyes up a tiny bit, flatten his forehead out a little and a minor adjustment to his mouth depth. Maybe a teensy itty bit on the chin scale. But I think overall he's coming along great.
Screenshots

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
Original Poster
20th Jun 2018 at 4:03 PM
This message has been deleted by Katie Turner.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#142 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 2:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2m1too
He's really coming along and I think he is quite close. I did an overlay of you sim on the sculpture for comparison. I think if you can move his eyes up a tiny bit, flatten his forehead out a little and a minor adjustment to his mouth depth. Maybe a teensy itty bit on the chin scale. But I think overall he's coming along great.


OK sorry this took so long I screwed up the sliders and went to far and then lost my camera presets, Anyway I did as you suggested. Though I couldn't figure out how to flatten his forehead.











Also slight update to Nefertiti I changed her formal from Generations, To The Egyptian Bride from the Store


Generations on the left, Egyptian Bride on the right
Screenshots

My best idea ever: combine my love for Egypt with my love of sims
Field Researcher
#143 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 5:45 PM
I think that the creator aWT made a forehead depth slider. Their download links are all broken, but Leefish posted the sliders here. It's not super-crucial though. I think you have him pretty close.

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Scholar
#144 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 3:33 AM
From the side view, I'd suggest pulling his whole face forward some and, maybe, increasing the scale / size of his nose tip and chin just a little. You can see that the model's face is more rounded at the nose/mouth from the side that the sims. Pull out the nasal bridge a bit, too. The model has less of a indent at the nasal bridge. I think his nose might be a little long up and down. You could try shortening the nose some, then moving the mouth up, and shortening the chin, too. (Make a copy first, though, in case it messes him up.) She looks very nice in that Store dress! Great job!
Page 6 of 6
Back to top