Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 7:36 PM
Default Mod collections
Hey there,
So quite recently I decided that I would reinstall my Sims 2 games. I see a lot of lovely mods here, but I'm a little lazy to download all of them.
I'm wondering if there are long time simmers with a mod folder with custom clothes and other things that they'd want to share, if that makes sense.
Ciao.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 7:55 PM
Well... I have one... But I'm a little lazy to upload it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Well... I have one... But I'm a little lazy to upload it.

Beyond the fact that I read that in Mads Mikkleson's voice, would there ever be a chance you would upload them? :lovestruc

There was a crooked man, and he walked a crooked mile,
He found a crooked sixpence against a crooked stile;
He bought a crooked cat which caught a crooked mouse,
And they all lived together in a little crooked house.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 8:11 PM
I once sent all my hair styles to a friend, but that's the only time I've shared. I'd feel weird sending my stuff to someone else, because it's so individual what you like. And given what a control freak I am, I'd definitely not just take someone elses folder.

But I hope you find what you're looking for Downloading pretty things is half the fun of the game for me, but everyone is different!
Instructor
#5 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 8:19 PM
Honestly, most creators wouldn't want their work, and they do spend a lot of effort on it, redistributed like that. But let's see if we can't find you some links to bundles of CC, where you can grab what you want (and even leave a thank you that way).

These are some of my favorite creators. There are thousands of others, and honestly, it's like an indulgence for the inner shopaholic to download so many quality free goodies.

Clothes:
Hysterical Paroxysm. She also makes incredible hair, very normal and perfect for everyday people. I particularly love her Fanseefem sets and her modesty sets (BG and AL). She also made some of my favorite custom skins, the Idolatry of Flesh Redux.

CatofEvilGenius. I don't know where to start with hers. I downloaded nearly everything she's made. She's done nice touchups to the default waists of Maxis women, giving them a wider waist. She's also made clothes for men and children, and plenty for elders.

Fanseelamb. She's made some of the most awesome clothes for guys, since they look like something guys I know would actually wear. Plus, she usually posts plenty of colors, so you can choose your favorites (or all).

fakepeeps7. My go-to creator for everything regarding kids. She makes the most adorable outfits and conversions to diversify our Sim kiddies' wardrobes. Here's a good variety pack of hers. Her Back to School Collection.

Hair:
Nouk. Just grab everything she makes. It's all good. Especially fills in the gaps for gals with poofy or thick hair.

Lidiqnata. She makes wonderful period hairstyles and clothes. Very elaborate stuff there. Mostly for women, in the end, as she doesn't seem to have much confidence in her men. But her stuff is great.

Cazy. So glad The Sims Resource is free now. Wait out the ads (or use an adblocker), and go grab some of Cazy's awesome hairs. Like all the other hairs I've suggested, many of his/her hairs animate fairly nicely.

Makeup:
Bruno. They do high-quality makeup suitable for your most glamorous of glam girls. Really lovely stuff. I reserve it for my special Sims. Bruno also released some big bundles of makeup, such as 50 Flavors and Eye Palettes. They also made clothes, but I found them too photo-skinned for my taste (the makeup is photo-skinned too, but blends well on faces, especially light skins).

Then there are specialty effects that can change the look of makeup. My favorites are by CatherineTCJD and AlfredAskew. Cat's lipgloss overlays are here, whereas AlfredAskew made quite a few facial effects. Worth checking out both their works.

That should give you a good start. It also wouldn't hurt to check out the links provided in a thread posted not long ago.

Yup, it involves legwork. Download a bit at a time and your folder will be swelling--plus, you'll have content you wanted, not what some random person with values and interests totally different from yours wanted.

Edit: Go figure HystericalParoxysm would post while I was writing that.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 8:27 PM
CC preference is rather personal, and it's not certain you'd like what someone else has in their downloads. Better find some nice sites, and download exactly what you want, instead of having to weed out things you don't want from someone else's CC folder.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 8:27 PM
One thing that since mods must be downloaded based on the persons latest released EP, if your latest released EP is different than someone elses, their mods won't work right in your game if they just sent you a copy of the folder. Plus, each person has a different taste in mods they want. I have a lot of mods to change toddler behavior because toddlers drive me up the wall, but other people around here have different tastes and toddlers may not annoy them as much and they may not have as many mods to change toddler behavior.

Another thing is different tastes in skin tones. Some people like shiny skintones, but I hate them. They also seem to like pale, pale s1 skins, and I'm still having problems finding a s1 skin I like because I don't want my s1 skins to be so pale.
Alchemist
#8 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 8:34 PM
Oh darling, CC is not just something you download, the collection of your CC after a while becomes .. yours, it's hard to explain.
Just do like a lot of people do (including me) look around tumblr, search for CC in all the ways you can think of, only download what you like (not just oh I actually should have this item, but meh).
For about 1-2 years ago I used to browse the MTS Top items list (I think I have almost looked through everything), because there you will find some real diamonds.
Scholar
#9 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 9:15 PM
Looks like sleepytabby and I have fairly similar taste in CC. :D

I would recommend getting a decent set of facial templates: I am currently using Lionspau: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=518983
So gorgeous!

And get default skintones, eyes, eyebrows etc.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Instructor
#10 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 9:27 PM
Any clue if Lionspau or someone else with their permission made custom versions of those facial templates? I would love to use them, but I'm very satisfied with the defaults I already have. Lionspau's are very diverse, though, and look like they'd be fun to have in-game.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 11:25 PM Last edited by gazania : 25th Jul 2014 at 4:17 PM.
Just as a P.S. .... There are many non-default facial templates that you can add as well, in addition to replacing default ones you don't like. Oh, deary me, are there!

This is useful if you're pretty happy with your replacements (mine is a combination of Lionspau,Trapping, Oepu and a whole bunch of other creators, added and tweaked over the years ...and I've replaced all but about 7 or so of my templates), but want more choices. More, I tell you!

Here is a sampling:

http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...p?topic=24073.0
http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...p?topic=26556.0
http://isbrealiomcaife.dreamwidth.org/11526.html (I took hours going through this one. Lots of templates to choose from!)
http://drew-cricket.tumblr.com/
http://slyndseysims.tumblr.com/page/2

And there are more! I know i missed a few..

These appear AFTER your default templates. So if you're not satisfied with 27, go for 30. Or 40.

I do believe there's a max you can have, though. I'm pretty sure you can have at least up to 50 templates total (default and non-default); possibly more. (Way back, I thought one source said up to a hundred. Of course, now I can't locate it, so I might be wrong.) I have about a dozen extra templates.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 7:02 PM
Thank you to everyone who helped!

There was a crooked man, and he walked a crooked mile,
He found a crooked sixpence against a crooked stile;
He bought a crooked cat which caught a crooked mouse,
And they all lived together in a little crooked house.
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 7:38 PM
Here is a great place to find CC:

http://trappingcrushes.tumblr.com/

The wonderful Trapping has taken the time to post links to all CC that is released by various creators
Scholar
#14 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleMrs
Here is a great place to find CC:

http://trappingcrushes.tumblr.com/

The wonderful Trapping has taken the time to post links to all CC that is released by various creators

Here's a trick I learned this weekend. You can make any tumblr into an rss feed and then add it to an rss reader (like feedly). So I have a sims category, and I dump all the tumblr rss feeds into it, so I can look at all the new CC posts in one place, in a more compact listing. For example, you would add trapping crushes to your RSS feeder like so:

http://trappingcrushes.tumblr.com/rss

I also figured out how to get The Sims's Caves "TS2 Updates" forum into an RSS feed, but I had to alter the URL and now feedly won't let me see the link. If anyone's interested, PM me and I'll try to re-figure-out what I did. (Basically you can take most kinds of forum software and figure out how to get it to spit out an RSS feed.)

And in the meantime...I sympathize with these posts, I really do. I posted the same kind of thing on reddit a few months ago when I tried TS3 for like fifth time (which lasted about 1.5 days like it always does). You know: "Okay, what's the stuff I really NEED?"

But trying to shortcut it doesn't work, because only you know what you need. Only you know if you want goth sims, or haute couture sims, or medieval sims, or if you just want classic non-tacky Gapwear, or what. Only you know how you want your sims to behave romantically, around the house, etc. The things that bug me in the game (which can be fixed by a zillion mods) may not bug you.

I guess I'd start by going through the last few pages of trapping crushes (above) and sims cave updates:

http://simscave.mustbedestroyed.org...php?board=172.0

And start tracking down artists I liked.

I'd look at featured creations here at MTS.

And finally, there's really no shortcut to going over to MATY and reading the mod descriptions there (and getting used to Pescado's particular terminology and humor). Because the annoyance that may be a HUGE irritant to me (like the fact that you can't interrupt Sims from making the damn bed) could be something you never even notice. And you won't know till you play for a while.