Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Sneak Preview of Project CRUMB - posted on 21st May 2017 at 7:32 PM
Replies: 433 (Who?), Viewed: 122543 times.
Page 18 of 18
Test Subject
#426 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 9:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowsforpens
This challenge looks intense! I have a question, though. Do you count points during it like in the classic Legacy Challenge or is it just pass-fail?

It is pass fail. I can't speak for the challenge designer, but there are too many variables for tracking. From a challenge design perspective, one would need to identify variant levels of success for each of the generational goals, along with potential penalties.
Test Subject
#427 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 10:59 AM
hi one question can the helpers have children?
Scholar
#428 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowpancakes
hi one question can the helpers have children?

My understanding is yes, they can. Technically, they are supposed to count against the number of children for the next generation, but to each their own.

Yesterdays and Tomorrows, a story blog for my Sims 4 Prosperity Challenge.
The Woman of the Night, a story blog for my latest Sims 4 Random Legacy Challenge.
Test Subject
#429 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 10:58 PM
I'm really enjoying this challenge so far! I'm the type of person who keeps making new families without a purpose or storyline all the time so it gives me a more of a focus and goals throughout the generations which I like. I'm currently on my second generation but I wanted to share my story so far.

FIRST GENERATION
A) Mixed Single w/ 2 Help
B) 5 Children
C) Primary Career: Social Media(Internet Personality) - May advertise on your social media page.
D) Secondary Career: Social Media(Internet Personality) - May advertise on your social media page. AGAIN! She really wants to be an Internet star
E) Domestic Dilemma - I rolled Cursed - This generation, you must find a creative way in your story to overcome said negative trait. For example, Quake Zone might be overcome by a sim maxing their writing skill and writing 5 nonfiction bestseller books about earthquake safety, or perhaps by a sim maxing their handiness skill and equipping every appliance/plumbing object in the house with the unbreakable upgrade. Be creative! When the negative trait has been overcome, you may replace it with a trait of your choice if you wish(again, unless you've rolled Random).
F) Town Explorer

Story so far: I made my founder Lauryn Masters and her helpers are her brother Jax and his wife Ariel. Jax's passion in life is gardening and Ariel wanted to be a doctor but quit her job to take care of Lauryn's children. Lauryn fell in love with Akira Kibo and has birthed 4 children with him, first is the oldest son, second is their only daughter Myla (whom I have decided to make the heir of next gen), TWIN boys and finally Lauryn adopted a baby boy making the goal of 5 mixed children.
I wanted to come up with a creative way to overcome the Cursed trait and so Jax collected the magical beans from the Plantsim Challenge to grow the Mystical Magic Bean Portal Tree (a little challenge in itself) Later, he heard a rumor that he could remove the cursed trait if he made a sacrifice to the "Cowplant God" and in the end, the cowplant chose his wife Ariel to be the sacrifice and the trait was changed into the Gnome trait. <The Sacrifice>

Anyway! My second gen heir Myla is going to go the same path as her mother and have 5 children as well, with a future husband and wants to become a tech guru :D
Scholar
#430 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 3:41 AM
Default New Chapter!
1.06 Shifting Perspectives

A new chapter for my Random Legacy, at long last. Highlights include: a new child, the trick to a perfect Pasta Primavera, the trials of small-town criminal activity and the ugly truths of what happens when an underground laboratory's illegal experiments go awry.

Yesterdays and Tomorrows, a story blog for my Sims 4 Prosperity Challenge.
The Woman of the Night, a story blog for my latest Sims 4 Random Legacy Challenge.
Test Subject
#431 Old 16th May 2017 at 7:23 PM
I just started first generation

I rolled:
Marital status: Couple
Children: 2
Career: Culinary(Mixologist)
Second Career: Treasure Hunter
Misc: My Precious
Goal: Deadbeat Parents
Test Subject
#432 Old 16th May 2017 at 11:13 PM
I have one question:
What if I have rolled 1 child and then get twins, have I then lost?
Test Subject
#433 Old 17th May 2017 at 6:27 AM
And I just have another question,I have rolled the 'deadbeat parents' can I then hire a Nanny to help with the skills?
Test Subject
#434 Old 19th May 2017 at 3:46 PM Last edited by Crowe40217 : 19th May 2017 at 10:09 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisabethDs
I have one question:
What if I have rolled 1 child and then get twins, have I then lost?

Nope! That number just means that you're aiming for one kid (so in this case one pregnancy) but surprise multiples are fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisabethDs
And I just have another question,I have rolled the 'deadbeat parents' can I then hire a Nanny to help with the skills?

Eh, probably not. I'd hold off until Tigger89 is able to put their two cents in.

Edit: So I'm reading over older posts and Tigger89 actually mentioned that nannies were fine and maybe even recommended as long as you don't have "no service Sims" for that generation. Good luck!
Page 18 of 18