Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM
Replies: 1990 (Who?), Viewed: 118177 times.
Page 80 of 80
Scholar
#1976 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 12:17 PM
How often do you get those chance cards for children and teens where they ask about advice or demand something? I noticed that my sims only ever get them right after a loading screen and the younger sim always has the "ask about advice" action quequed as if it were an autonomous action.

So, is that a thing they only do when they have free will?

And is there a cheat or mod or perhaps even a legit means that allows a player to trigger those chance cards?
Lab Assistant
#1977 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 2:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enki
How often do you get those chance cards for children and teens where they ask about advice or demand something? I noticed that my sims only ever get them right after a loading screen and the younger sim always has the "ask about advice" action quequed as if it were an autonomous action.

So, is that a thing they only do when they have free will?

And is there a cheat or mod or perhaps even a legit means that allows a player to trigger those chance cards?

idk. but it happens so often in my game. Especially when you have alot of kids... like mine...
Mad Poster
#1978 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 2:34 PM
As far as I know, asking for advice is only an autonomous action that users can't direct.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#1979 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 3:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaceman44
As far as I know, asking for advice is only an autonomous action that users can't direct.

So both me and Menaceman got a disagree for this. Could the disagreer please elaborate on this? I don't normally whine about getting disagrees, but in this case I must ask you to share your insight. Because I only ever get parenting chance cards after a loading screen, in the few moments when my sims have free will. (I'm not talking about the cards the parents get via phone from school, these I get reliably).
Lab Assistant
#1980 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 3:57 PM
Quote:
So both me and Menaceman got a disagree for this. Could the disagreer please elaborate on this? I don't normally whine about getting disagrees, but in this case I must ask you to share your insight. Because I only ever get parenting chance cards after a loading screen, in the few moments when my sims have free will. (I'm not talking about the cards the parents get via phone from school, these I get reliably).

I wouldn't worry about the disagree, there are aholes that just like to troll and disagree with everything.
Forum Resident
#1981 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 10:54 PM
The Buy Mode content from the Parenthood GP owns my soul now. Why can't we get more furniture/clutter like this?

Follow the lives of my TS3 sims and their growing integrated economy.
Inventor
#1982 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bur1440
I wouldn't worry about the disagree, there are aholes that just like to troll and disagree with everything.

The disagrees are ridiculous now. You can post it is raining outside and get a disagree. I will get some here I am sure. It does not bother me. I see many posts where absolutely nothing controversial is said and there are disagrees.
Lab Assistant
#1983 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 1:18 AM
Quote:

at least I'm not the one who insta-disagree every post
Theorist
#1984 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 2:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
The disagrees are ridiculous now. You can post it is raining outside and get a disagree. I will get some here I am sure. It does not bother me. I see many posts where absolutely nothing controversial is said and there are disagrees.

The best way to combat it is to agree whenever you see an undeserved disagree, then they've been counter-productive as a single disagree will generate lots of positivity c:
Mad Poster
#1985 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 9:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShigemiNotoge
The best way to combat it is to agree whenever you see an undeserved disagree, then they've been counter-productive as a single disagree will generate lots of positivity c:
Or at least, it will cancel the disagrees out because they are becoming meaningless.
Scholar
#1986 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 4:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bur1440

As I said, I didn't worry about getting disagreed with. Rather I worried about missing out on information. Because if I write "it is a free will action", then a disagree means "no, it isn't" and in this case I'd have liked to know what they know about that matter.

So far I'm happy with Parenthood, it needs little reigning in for my micromanager soul to enjoy it. But they should have included an option for each dependant in a household to be able to ask for advice player-directed at once per day. Or unlocked it for when they are in a negative emotion.
Theorist
#1987 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 6:06 PM
Quote:
So far I'm happy with Parenthood, it needs little reigning in for my micromanager soul to enjoy it. But they should have included an option for each dependant in a household to be able to ask for advice player-directed at once per day. Or unlocked it for when they are in a negative emotion.

I think the reason that's not available is people would take advantage of it, and spam it just to gain the character values they want quickly without having to put in much effort.
Forum Resident
#1988 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 9:01 PM
Just wanted to let you all know the Vampires GP is on sale for $10 on Amazon. It's Instant Access, not the Online Game Code, so it'll link to your Origin.

Mad Poster
#1989 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 9:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlibertysims
Just wanted to let you all know the Vampires GP is on sale for $10 on Amazon. It's Instant Access, not the Online Game Code, so it'll link to your Origin.
What does "Instant Access" mean? How is it different from downloading through Origin? *Edit, never mind... I think I understand that it's linked to my Amazon account, so ...it's just part of my game library now. Thanks so much for the heads up. I was putting off getting that one and now I don't have to!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Forum Resident
#1990 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 1:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
What does "Instant Access" mean? How is it different from downloading through Origin? *Edit, never mind... I think I understand that it's linked to my Amazon account, so ...it's just part of my game library now. Thanks so much for the heads up. I was putting off getting that one and now I don't have to!

Sorry for the late response. I'm glad you got it figured out! And good choice. Have fun with Vampires!

Theorist
#1991 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 4:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
I was putting off getting that one and now I don't have to!

My friend is obsessed with all that kind of occult stuff, so she bought it the day it came out. it's one of the better (as in well made) GPs
Page 80 of 80