Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
1 people viewing

sisvl

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #4 - posted on 19th Feb 2018 at 4:46 PM
Replies: 2295 (Who?), Viewed: 130899 times.
Page 92 of 92
Test Subject
#2276 Old Yesterday at 2:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
I was referring to alternative transportation options that could be seemingly “confusing.” If they felt like options like this were confusing, they would not have added boats.

If they ever add cars, I assume they’re function quite the same.

I beg your pardon! Apologies and yes I agree.
Field Researcher
#2277 Old Yesterday at 4:41 AM
I took a quick glimpse at the new object catalog--I spotted at least three new chairs! (Plus a barstool.) I bet LGR is ecstatic.

People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life. ~Faith Resnick
Field Researcher
#2278 Old Yesterday at 6:13 AM
Inventor
#2279 Old Yesterday at 7:45 AM
I would have loved to actually be involved in the thought process of solving the puzzles, as a player, but alas there are no actual puzzles, just randomized clicking. There doesn't seem to be any real tension either, since all you need is a bit of archeology skill, and you'll get the answers handed to you. There's no real inventiveness or creativity involved, sad to say. That said, I like the idea of being able to bring a tent and the other items that lets you stay in the temple for as long as your provisions last. Technically your toddler could live their entire toddler age inside the temple and go home as a child. LOL! Well, unless there's a time limit, but I don't think they mentioned that. Either way, I'm amused by the idea.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Scholar
#2280 Old Yesterday at 7:47 AM
I only watched the part of the stream where they covered the Build and Buy objects. I'm so in love with the new stove and refrigerator. I'd love to have that fridge in real life. The cabinets and counters are nice too.
Instructor
#2281 Old Yesterday at 11:06 AM
I had to chuckle when someone pointed out the styled bathroom didn't have a toilet.
Scholar
#2282 Old Yesterday at 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsal Axe
I had to chuckle when someone pointed out the styled bathroom didn't have a toilet.

I missed that! That's so bad.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2283 Old Yesterday at 1:18 PM
That EA quality control!

And you are all telling me that the tomb layouts do not change, but the puzzle requirements do? Why make something as big as World Adventures, which had tombs galore, into a game pack... which has one.

They should have just added a normal vacation world, because adventure is too much for a game pack and those portals come across as padding until you get to the main tomb.

Game Packs has such a good track record.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
#2284 Old Yesterday at 1:28 PM
Quote:
That EA quality control!

And you are all telling me that the tomb layouts do not change, but the puzzle requirements do? Why make something as big as World Adventures, which had tombs galore, into a game pack... which has one.

They should have just added a normal vacation world, because adventure is too much for a game pack and those portals come across as padding until you get to the main tomb.

Game Packs has such a good track record.

I thought the tomb lay outs changed? They said there are 5? But the traps may not be the same. Either way 5 isn't s great number. WA has nearly 30.

Maybe they tried to squeeze it in to make the game more "dangerous" there has been lots of justified criticisms about the game being too safe and boring.

I did have to laugh when the skeleton just wandered by them, not a care in the world and never to be seen again in the temple. Danger? I think not.
Top Secret Researcher
#2285 Old Yesterday at 2:20 PM
I thought I heard them say layout, traps/objects and solutions change in the stream?
dodgy builder
#2286 Old Yesterday at 2:26 PM
I like the outdoor fireplace. The kitchen isn't quite the same as the other parts in the pack, but I guess we don't have that many modern kitchens. I don't really like the chunky style though.
Inventor
#2287 Old Yesterday at 2:36 PM
Yeah, the temples has 5 layouts that is randomized, and then the traps and the solutions are random aswell. I don't really see a problem with that, as it's a game pack not an expansion. However it's kinda lame that there aren't actual puzzles. It doesn't require any kind of involvement from the player beyond clicking on things, which is really non-inspirational.

Simblr
dodgy builder
#2288 Old Yesterday at 2:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsalar
Yeah, the temples has 5 layouts that is randomized, and then the traps and the solutions are random aswell. I don't really see a problem with that, as it's a game pack not an expansion. However it's kinda lame that there aren't actual puzzles. It doesn't require any kind of involvement from the player beyond clicking on things, which is really non-inspirational.

I agree on that, it's very small as well. At least it felt very small.
Top Secret Researcher
#2289 Old Yesterday at 4:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldbear
I thought the tomb lay outs changed? They said there are 5? But the traps may not be the same. Either way 5 isn't s great number. WA has nearly 30.

Maybe they tried to squeeze it in to make the game more "dangerous" there has been lots of justified criticisms about the game being too safe and boring.

I did have to laugh when the skeleton just wandered by them, not a care in the world and never to be seen again in the temple. Danger? I think not.

Well, was there really a critical reason to expect a whopping 20-40 tombs to appear in a game pack when in retrospective the iteration suffers to have more than 7/8 lots (or whatever approximately max number of them is).

When will somebody put the team that produced Parenthood/Vampire/JA Gamepacks in charge of expansion packs?
Test Subject
#2290 Old Yesterday at 5:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
I agree on that, it's very small as well. At least it felt very small.

It's not exactly "packed" either. And when they said randomly generated I was expecting actual new layouts not just different answers to these so called "puzzles". The ones from World Adventures were both big and packed, this is just... nothing, $20 jungle set dressing.
Inventor
#2291 Old Yesterday at 5:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsearchably
It's not exactly "packed" either. And when they said randomly generated I was expecting actual new layouts not just different answers to these so called "puzzles". The ones from World Adventures were both big and packed, this is just... nothing, $20 jungle set dressing.

There are different layouts aswell as different answers and different traps. 5 layouts, not sure how many iterations of answers and traps.

Simblr
Lab Assistant
#2292 Old Yesterday at 6:52 PM
So I guess most of this pack's exploration and adventuring is accomplished through those jungle rabbit holes... sigh.... well, at least the world looks pretty, even if most of it is basically a cardboard cutout that you can't actually explore, being there only for looks and to incite violent and murderous thoughts within simmers.
Lab Assistant
#2293 Old Yesterday at 9:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teostar
Ok so, I just skimmed through their latest livestream, the one with the temple (since I don't wanna spoil myself too much)... and wow....I am extremely disappointed. Those tombs have zero atmosphere, they are so empty and barebones with minimum tomb decor, and those atrocious "puzzles" are just plain straightforward and banal. It's both absolutely horrendous and insulting that they're going to release this and call it "feature-packed" or other such synonymous words. (I guess they wasted the majority of their budget on those new dancing animations) Plus they probably don't even have actually dangerous traps that can cause death and stuff, such as how World Adventures had true fire and lightning traps that could potentially kill your Sims, or the Mummy's curse which, if not cured, caused death. The lack of danger and death must have something to do with their child-friendly, all happy and colorful, no gloom and doom, sensitive snowflake agenda that they have been pushing with TS4. I AM BEYOND SICK OF THAT MENTALITY!
Fuck me for actually hoping they'd deliver on the exploration/tomb raiding aspects, but NOPE! Sadly, this is just another downgrade from Sims 3.

And Jesus Christ, that SimGuru and her truly remarkable college-level vocabulary - "And like this", "So like that", "Like, you know what I... like.. mean", "And like, my Sim's like, an archaeologist, and she can like, go and like...", "We can't see inside, but like, if you were to like, go down to like, the next floor, like, you won't be able to see anything that's, like, below this..."
Makes me wanna, like, fling myself of like... a cliff or like.. something. Goddess preserve me.

This is soooo Spot on, and just more justification as to why I uninstalled the game and stopped buying all their pointless crap. I too attempted to watch this livestream... ended up basically turning the sound off and skimming through just to see what moronic thing that had done to this game...again. I don't know why I torture myself with it....I think because the sims in general is something I've always loved but am so angry with EA for ruining it...I just can't stop watching the train wreck.

And you are absolutely right about these gurus....I can't stand to listen to them talk.... if they aren't insulting us, they are over the top way too happy or just boring as hell with limited vocabulary all around. That's why I turn the sound off.
Alchemist
#2294 Old Yesterday at 9:41 PM
Quote:
Then what was Ambitons?

Then what was Open For Business?

Inb4 TS3 had variety.

View my (WIP) Pinterest boards to find TS2 CC that fits Mediterranean, Middle East, and North African 'hoods of all Eras:
Cars | Historical | Misc | Build | Buy

needs more cups for his cups
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2295 Old Yesterday at 11:11 PM Last edited by matrix54 : Yesterday at 11:53 PM.
Why is a theme that’s too big to he a game pack an excuse for a lack of content in a game pack that should have benefit an expansion pack?

They should have stuck to small locations, lots, and supernaturals. Honestly, after watching it, it doesn’t even look like something I want to engage with. It’s so shallow. An entire adventure in a game pack? That doesn’t even sound right.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#2296 Old Yesterday at 11:34 PM
I'm gonna buy this just for new vacation world, new clothes, new objects and that new dance. Ok I'm gonna admit mostly its for the new dance. I don't think I would even bother with tomb raiding, considering I never bothered with them in World Adventure either.

Kinda surprised they offered adventuring because all these while gamepacks are more focused on smaller scaled themes, so seeing that this one has way more than typical gamepack already tells me the adventuring part gonna be shallow.

Emino's Mobile Adventure http://riezforester.tumblr.com

Emino's Sims Simblr http://eminosims.tumblr.com/
*Now with The Sims 4!*
Page 92 of 92