Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
1 people viewing

formiguinha

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

MTS Summer Movie Night - posted on 13th Jun 2018 at 10:07 PM
Replies: 7722 (Who?), Viewed: 330744 times.
Page 309 of 309
Theorist
#7701 Old Yesterday at 6:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysim
...feel bad for the haters though, they are gonna have to suffer much much longer.

What is it exactly that I'm suffering from? Do tell, because I'm not feeling it.
Field Researcher
#7702 Old Yesterday at 6:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassoon_crazy

Oh yeah, I definitely saw that said in the stream and I'm wondering how that's supposed to work? Hot and cold weather are Seasons features, so those outfit categories should have no function unless you have Seasons. I don't understand.

EDIT: I guess they're just outfit categories you can have sims change to, but they have no function in-game. That's just odd, but oh well.

The only thing that comes to mind is that the patch gives you some time to prepare your existing sims for the weather-changes,so they wont freeze to death. And from a selling-perspective,it´s probably just a way to tease players to buy the EP.

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7703 Old Yesterday at 6:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
What is it exactly that I'm suffering from? Do tell, because I'm not feeling it.
Wallet obesity perhaps?
Theorist
#7704 Old Yesterday at 6:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Babilon
Wallet obesity perhaps?

Indeed.

Seriously though. It is scary when you know what I'm thinking sometimes. Just sayin'.
Scholar
#7705 Old Yesterday at 6:51 PM
If I wasn't getting seasons I would still welcome the hot/cold category. Instead of having a skimpy summer-y outfit in my everyday rotation I can have it in hot instead.
Like, for a sim that lives in Windenburg when it goes to Oasis Springs for a pool party kinda thing. Or Oasis dweller going to Windenburg with the "cold" outfit on.

I didn't catch on tho... have they remarked all/all suitable clothing to fit into the categories or just the new ones with this pack? Since there's already some wintery clothes in there.
Also is autumn considered 'cold'? I kinda feel there should be a middle ground, just a normal outdoor category for when it rains.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#7706 Old Yesterday at 7:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andru
Oh that's a shame - I take it the kid has walked up to the house, got some candy from the bowl and then disappears on his way back to the street? God forbid we try to have some detailed and immersive gameplay.

A Halloween festival would have worked better. Have bowls of candies and adults standing for kids.

https://simsloverblog384059712.wordpress.com/

View my creations and follow my blog please. Please follow, I post my creations mainly on my blog and sometimes MTS.
Scholar
#7707 Old Yesterday at 8:01 PM
I loved the park festivals in TS3. Don't see why that wouldn't work here tbh

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Instructor
#7708 Old Yesterday at 8:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiabara
Definitely cool! I just wonder how tough it'll be to stop a full household from eating for 6 hours. My Sims constantly run to the grill or want to make a salad
Btw, are these goals individual for each Sim or for the whole household?

I liked seeing fasting included as a tradition, too. I was honestly surprised! It shows how with a little bit of imagination and care they include these features subtly to allow people to represent themselves and create meaningful gameplay.

I think the holiday traditions/goals are per Sim, rather than Household, as when you select a toddler it greys out and I believe at one point, Sims who weren't involved in a tradition didn't get the gold check mark.
Lab Assistant
#7709 Old Yesterday at 8:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixa97sr
I think we've beaten moodlet and emotion system forever, and we all got to the point where most of us realised, and even devs admitted that it's a mistake. I don't see the point in bringing it up, unless it's brining up its flaws AND ability to either replace it with more viable system OR ways to actually IMPROVE it. if you just bash it, it kinda makes no sense anymore. We all know it's bad.

Or just remove this system. I think by removing this system will make the game process more immersive. But then devs have to create a lot of new animations, facial expressions. And this requires a lot of effort. But why the Sims 2 developers did not use this limiting system in 2004, when the graphics level was no so developed than now and 4 years ago? They were confident in their creation. They wanted to show that their sims are alive and react almost like real people. And the absence of moodlet system increases the empathy for these Sims.
Lab Assistant
#7710 Old Yesterday at 8:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sims_Lover
A Halloween festival would have worked better. Have bowls of candies and adults standing for kids.

Strongly disagree.
you know.. there are non-Christian players who wouldn't like that holiday forced into their game play..
Field Researcher
#7711 Old Yesterday at 8:54 PM Last edited by Teostar : Yesterday at 9:29 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keren
Strongly disagree.
you know.. there are non-Christian players who wouldn't like that holiday forced into their game play..

I don't know about that, Halloween has been so mainstream-ized and generalized that the original Christian holiday is no more. Very few people these days consider or even remember Halloween as a religious holiday. EA honestly could have gotten away with it, especially with the fact that they're an American/Western company, an extra explanation why the games they make are so ... well, characteristically American. Same thing with Christmas really, it's more of a "Santa and gifts" holiday than one actively celebrating the birth of Jesus. As an agnostic, I would have no problem with a game featuring historically Christian holidays and traditions, because it is hard for me to see them as religious things.
#7712 Old Yesterday at 9:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keren
Strongly disagree.
Hah, I've always thought that it was a heathen thing with a little bit of Christian veneer to justify this grotesquerie.

At least here, in plain old continental Europe, it is mostly seen as an American - and very secular - invention without any relation at all to the following holiday.
If there was one day here that is loaded with more Christian tradition and more closely resembles your Halloween in its basic meaning then this would actually have been April 30, Walpurgis Night. That's when here the devil used to break loose, traditionally. But we don't celebrate that very much anymore. The kids will rather want to run around town on October 31, pretend that we're in California and play Scream #56. I guess you could call that successful cultural colonization.
Instructor
#7713 Old Yesterday at 9:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassoon_crazy
Oh yeah, I definitely saw that said in the stream and I'm wondering how that's supposed to work? Hot and cold weather are Seasons features, so those outfit categories should have no function unless you have Seasons. I don't understand.

EDIT: I guess they're just outfit categories you can have sims change to, but they have no function in-game. That's just odd, but oh well.

Perhaps it's future-proofing, so they can add more outfits with every future pack.

Better to have useless categories in the base game than categories that will never be updated again, like previous games.
Theorist
#7714 Old Yesterday at 9:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teostar
I don't know about that, Halloween has been so mainstream-ized and generalized that the original Christian holiday is no more. Very few people these days consider or even remember Halloween as a religious holiday. EA honestly could have gotten away with it, especially with the fact that they're an American/Western company, an extra explanation why the games they make are so ... well, characteristically American. Same thing with Christmas really, it's more of a "Santa and gifts" holiday than one actively celebrating the birth of Jesus. As an agnostic, I would have no problem with a game featuring historically Christian holidays and traditions, because it is hard for me to see them as religious things.

All American holidays have been bastardized. It is always about who gets what and how much did they spend. EA has bastardized the sims. There isn't much of leap here...
Lab Assistant
#7715 Old Yesterday at 9:49 PM
Creator of this video calls to fight against the division of the game into DLC, as the fans of Battlefront fought against the lootboxes.
https://youtu.be/3ZG-vr1w_w4
Lab Assistant
#7716 Old Yesterday at 10:01 PM
Quote:
Hah, I've always thought that it was a heathen thing with a little bit of Christian veneer to justify this grotesquerie.

At least here, in plain old continental Europe, it is mostly seen as an American - and very secular - invention without any relation at all to the following holiday.
If there was one day here that is loaded with more Christian tradition and more closely resembles your Halloween in its basic meaning then this would actually have been April 30, Walpurgis Night. That's when here the devil used to break loose, traditionally. But we don't celebrate that very much anymore. The kids will rather want to run around town on October 31, pretend that we're in California and play Scream #56. I guess you could call that successful cultural colonization.

In the UK unless you are into Trick or Treating Halloween is a night to keep your lights off and pretend you are not in! We seem to be taking on the American celebrations here as it wasn't much celebrated 20 or so years ago. (I might try a party in Sims 4 though). We have Guy Fawkes Day bonfires (He failed to blow up UK Parliament) on November 5 shortly after. Children made a guy, carting him around the streets asking for a penny for the Guy who was later burnt on the bonfire. One way of getting some money then but not anymore!
In Scotland, New Year's Eve is the most important festival so I hope there are enough objects for that! Lots of lights and bonfires cheered up people in the long dark days of Winter here. Countries in Europe have all got different ways of celebrating Christmas/St Nicholas. giving presents and on several different days too.
#7717 Old Yesterday at 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamishmc
In the UK unless you are into Trick or Treating Halloween is a night to keep your lights off and pretend you are not in! (...)
Isn't this what the British always do when the door bell rings, on every day?
Theorist
#7718 Old Yesterday at 10:23 PM
Quote:

Somebody is feeling sassy. My keyboard almost got a bath with a mouthful of water.
Lab Assistant
#7719 Old Yesterday at 11:33 PM
Quote:

It's what I do myself, yes, as some tenants think I am some kind of Concierge living in a flat on the ground floor. Too lazy to get their keys out. The Postie has a key and my family and friends give three buzzes on the intercom or ring me first!

I suppose we get into the habit, a. to avoid Jehovah's witnesses (can't get rid of them), b. Political party supporters (can't get rid of them either) and c. people sticking advertising rubbish through the letterbox. (too many of them).
Top Secret Researcher
#7720 Old Yesterday at 11:44 PM
Frankly, I know uber-Christians who won't let their children celebrate Halloween because "it's a pagan holiday."
Mad Poster
#7721 Old Today at 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusannaG
Frankly, I know uber-Christians who won't let their children celebrate Halloween because "it's a pagan holiday."

I hope they don't follow typical Christmas traditions either then

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#7722 Old Today at 2:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2
I hope they don't follow typical Christmas traditions either then

And that's the beaaauty of customized holiday. Remove traditions you do not want and include those that you do want. Something for everyone.

Emino's Mobile Adventure http://riezforester.tumblr.com

Emino's Sims Simblr http://eminosims.tumblr.com/
*Now with The Sims 4!*
Lab Assistant
#7723 Old Today at 2:51 AM Last edited by Keren : Today at 3:01 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emino
And that's the beaaauty of customized holiday. Remove traditions you do not want and include those that you do want. Something for everyone.

But people here prefer to have what THEY WANT and what THEY consider as mainstream
who cares about minorities who doesn't want those holidays forced into their game
I mean, how come they are not celebrating Halloween anyways
and why would they care to celebrate it in the game against their own beliefs, right?

than they will go to the thread about disabilities and talk about EA being narrow minded and inconsiderate
Page 309 of 309