Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 3:12 AM
In order from fastest to slowest between the different life stages when they walk:

* Teenagers
* Young Adults (with the mod)
* Adults
* Elders
* Young Adults (without the mod)

I haven't yet checked to see how fast the child Sims walk. I was only thinking of older Sims when testing to see which life stage walked the fastest, and which walked the slowest.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 6:26 AM
Whether the walk bothers me or not, depends on the sim I'm playing. If I'm playing with a hip, chill "yo wazzup flower kiiiids... wooo" type of guy, I think it fits. But if I'm playing with my next business genius, who would shriek and faint, if he saw a stray fruitloop on the floor, the walk completely ruins the way his personality comes to show.

For this reason, I've had that mod in my game for years now, which is sort of a shame, because I do like the walk, just only where it's appropriate.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 8th May 2015 at 2:45 AM Last edited by C.Syde65 : 12th May 2015 at 2:47 AM.
I don't particularly like the default young adult walk because they're slower when they walk like that, almost as if they're dawdling.

They're even slower than elders. At least they were never as slow as zombies. I don't mind the zombie walk except when they need to get from one place to another in a short period of time (e.g. when they need to reach the carpool before it drives off).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 22nd May 2015 at 12:17 PM
This has probably been posted before but I was looking for something else and came across these mods on fixing the lazy YA walk and the slouch of lazy sims. The YA walk has never bothered me but that slouch always has.
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0
Thought somebody might be interested.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#30 Old 22nd May 2015 at 4:43 PM
Young adults go through a shockingly quick growth spurt which causes them to overcompensate by their odd walking style. Don't worry though, they'll grow out of it. (:

As for the pregnancy walk, carrying an extra 10 or so pounds, a baby lying on their bladder while doing loopy-loops, kicking and punching would off balance any woman (or in sims case, men too). Being as this weight is in the front, the leaning back and waddle are to compensate and keep their balance.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Theorist
#31 Old 23rd May 2015 at 1:18 AM
I too am not a fan of the young adult walk and modded that out as well. That, and the elder walk kind of drive me nuts...or should say drove me nuts, as I modded that walk out too.

We all have our preferences with certain features of the game...to each their own.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 10:23 PM
It's funny. I never ever noticed that the students walk any differently at all from any other sims. Until I read others posts about it on here. I always think I will remember to notice the way they walk when I go into my game next but I never do.
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 2:04 AM
I remember trying that hack because the lazy walk is exaggerated and, as others say, it doesn't look right on just every YA, but killing the lazy walk also killed I don't remember which other anim that I wanted to keep (I'm sorry my memory is so bad).
Anyway I kept the lazy walk, and I use two Pescado's hacks that balance it: run to class and call over. Call over makes (almost) all sims run when the controllable calls them, very useful in big dorms, and run to class makes them (almost) all... run to class/exams^^ depending on their personality.

The super lazy will resist and refuse to run though, which is cool The normal lazy will only run if they're late, the active sims will run even if there's still plenty of time, I like it, that combo works for me.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 4:45 AM
I have actually managed to notice the YA walk, finally, after five years of it being my favorite expansion! It's only noticeable in the GS Uberhood Challenge hood, presumably because I'm trying to play sims outside of the core plotline just enough to keep the world from grinding to a halt outside the challenge house. So instead of my usual three-day subrotations, in which three days roughly equals one semester in most households, I'm defining college time as two semesters in the career of whatever student is most closely related to the challenge household - which is some very concentrated play, very different from my usual sprawl. When you're just playing to get through it, anything's a bore, so I'm trying to break it up and find ways to play college fast without losing the fun; but anyway, if you're in a hurry they do cross a lot a bit slower than sims in the regular hood; and if you're playing the shipped college lots, which I don't normally do, you soon realize that these lots are for the most part unnecessarily huge, and the "what's this" objects are all placed much too far from the entrance! If a friend walks onto the lot at the same time as the active sim, the greet action will time out before the friend reaches his destination; and a sim who's in the wrong part of the wrong lot when the class warning appears will time out of the "go to class" action before he reaches a portal!

I never noticed it before, I think, because the walk is scaled to the slower rate of play at University. It's not designed to be rushed through! It's designed to be relaxed and splashed around in, with plenty of time for all the many and varied things to do there. I'm pretty sure the clock runs slower there. A YA who walked at a "normal" pace would seem to me to be racing through the place.

I do recommend building smaller lots, though. I've had to build a few for the challenge hood, though I keep telling myself to stop building. I just couldn't stand to have to deal with the football-sized lots full of wasted space that the University builders seemed to think were necessary to buy groceries and go swimming in.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#35 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 12:36 PM
I love the lazy walk. Makes YAs more unique. Heck, I even wish they were slightly shorter than adults just so they wouldn't look the same!
Page 2 of 2