Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2015 at 10:26 PM
Default No autonomous hugging
Anyone know where I can find a mod that keeps sims from stopping in the middle of their queued actions to wait for another sim to autonomously come give them a hug from the other end of the freaking lot? I'm playing a house with 8 sims and 4 ghosts and the autonomous hugging is out of control. Not sure why that interaction takes precedence over the queue, but it's driving me crazy.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 21st May 2015 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetswami77
Anyone know where I can find a mod that keeps sims from stopping in the middle of their queued actions to wait for another sim to autonomously come give them a hug from the other end of the freaking lot? I'm playing a house with 8 sims and 4 ghosts and the autonomous hugging is out of control. Not sure why that interaction takes precedence over the queue, but it's driving me crazy.

I've just created a mod like that You can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ani2y5oh5hnhlf2
I am going to upload it to MTS as well later today.

The Truth is out there!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st May 2015 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tanja1986
I've just created a mod like that You can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ani2y5oh5hnhlf2
I am going to upload it to MTS as well later today.

How fortuitous! Thanks, Tanja.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd May 2015 at 12:23 AM
I will download this at once, thank you very much!
Instructor
#5 Old 22nd May 2015 at 1:31 AM
You guys are very welcome! I've uploaded the mod to MTS. Will take a few days from today on... That is the reason why I went ahead and uploaded it on my Mediafire account Until it's up on MTS.

The Truth is out there!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 23rd May 2015 at 1:09 AM
I'm sorry to say that the mod doesn't work in my game.
The Sims are still hugging themselves to death...
I have no other mod concerning behaviour between each other installed.
Any idea what may be wrong?
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd May 2015 at 9:52 AM
@Tanja1986 @Candlelight Hi !
Flagging autonomous to false on middle score relationships, doesn't stop all the other .
The mod is incomplete. Search for mixer_social_Hug_targeted_Friendly_lowScore and highScore and change that too.
Also romantic hugings low middle and high score
You still need to make changes, one of them is to raise the base score. There's also social autonomy to the group of both friendly and romantic interactions.

Good luck
Instructor
#8 Old 23rd May 2015 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by azoresman
@Tanja1986 @Candlelight Hi !
Flagging autonomous to false on middle score relationships, doesn't stop all the other .
The mod is incomplete. Search for mixer_social_Hug_targeted_Friendly_lowScore and highScore and change that too.
Also romantic hugings low middle and high score
You still need to make changes, one of them is to raise the base score. There's also social autonomy to the group of both friendly and romantic interactions.

Good luck

It's not necessary to do these changes (I did the same with reading books and it works totally fine in my game without anyone touching books autonomously).
Besides, the files that you mentioned are nowhere to be found. The only ones that are available for hugs I changed. These are:

mixer_social_Embrace_targeted_romance_middleScore_STC
mixer_social_BroHug_targeted_Friendly_alwaysOn
mixer_social_Hug_targeted_Friendly_MiddleScore

A new version is available:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8os7pbnj89y2o0x

The Truth is out there!
Instructor
#9 Old 24th May 2015 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tanja1986
It's not necessary to do these changes (I did the same with reading books and it works totally fine in my game without anyone touching books autonomously).
Besides, the files that you mentioned are nowhere to be found. The only ones that are available for hugs I changed. These are:

mixer_social_Embrace_targeted_romance_middleScore_STC
mixer_social_BroHug_targeted_Friendly_alwaysOn
mixer_social_Hug_targeted_Friendly_MiddleScore

A new version is available:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8os7pbnj89y2o0x

You are right.

The mod now hat 2 more files

Then again, there could be more
Familyhug
FriendlysocialsAutonomous

these are snipets.

There could be more
Field Researcher
#10 Old 24th May 2015 at 3:45 PM Last edited by Candlelight : 24th May 2015 at 6:37 PM.
Now I tested the new version, with the game on another computer where I didn't have the old one installed.
Hugs still happen, but, as far as I can see, less often.
It's ok with me, because a world completely without hugs wouldn't be so nice, would it?
So far I only tested it with one family. If something changes I'll tell.

A little later:
Family hugs are still too much. When you have many children it is still annoying. They stop any other action (eating, watching TV, reading...) because somewhere in the house someone decides to give a hug.

Aaaand another little later:
I tried the new version with a family with five children. No change at all, they are still hugging themselves to death.
Maybe only the friend-/neighbour-hugs are changed?
Instructor
#11 Old 24th May 2015 at 10:50 PM
Okay I will check further into it, when I look for hug files I find all the files that have to do with hugs... it could be that there is a type of hug that I missed... I worked on the Romance Embrace hug, the hug and the Bro hug. So maybe there is a family hug as well... I will check again, thanks for the reports! It's weird, that these hugs with my mod do not happen in my game... But again the game always acts differently even with mods installed... I will check over it again

The Truth is out there!
Instructor
#12 Old 25th May 2015 at 12:03 AM
UPDATE:

New version for testing is available. This time I've added a few more things that would normally lead t prevention. I also set all values trait based etc. to 0 in order to disallow autonomous hugs, because they would not get any benefit from it. Please try this version and report back if it works for you!

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cnpl43svcrgnol1

The Truth is out there!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 25th May 2015 at 12:06 AM
Thanks for all your work.
Downloaded it, but will test tomorrow - time to sleep now (1:05 h a.m. here).
Instructor
#14 Old 25th May 2015 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Candlelight
Thanks for all your work.
Downloaded it, but will test tomorrow - time to sleep now (1:05 h a.m. here).

You're welcome! I am pretty stubborn in these ways... lol
I just can't stop working on something until I find the mistake and can fix it. So hopefully this will be the last fix for this mod. Glad you are testing it for me , thank you so much!

The Truth is out there!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th May 2015 at 2:41 PM
I will also try out the newest version when I get a chance. May not be for while as real life calls, but thanks for making such a useful mod! My sanity is in your debt.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 27th May 2015 at 5:41 PM
Finally: NO HUGGING ANYMORE!
Tested with various households, with and without children.

But.... oh my... now that the hugging is no more... they switched over to the next social step:
They want to TALK, TALK, TALK... every minute.

It's ok with me, those little pixelpersons are sociable and need devotion, and we can't take away everything from them.
But I had a kind of cry-laughing - when I found out that they now are soooooo talkative.