Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Bob Ross Paint-Along Night - posted on 4th Sep 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 4322 (Who?), Viewed: 141093 times.
Page 173 of 173
Field Researcher
#4301 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 3:57 AM
A brainstorm?

"This is subtracting from my arts and crafts time."
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Lab Assistant
#4302 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 4:39 AM
I love it when some kids play from the toy box, they take out the toy horse and make car noises "vroom vroom!" *slams on brakes screech*

I used to tumblr a lot about this lame-o group: The Smiths - The Draize Train

Jumped on the Simblr train
#4303 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 5:20 AM
For some reason, whenever I'm going through a tough time (such as when my cat died a few years ago, or when my mother had a stroke, or my recent kind-of diagnosis) I tend to be nicer to my Sims. If they do something stupid I'm more likely to reload the game rather than let them live with it, and I don't smite them with the batbox for giggles.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Mad Poster
#4304 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 3:00 AM
I'd be grateful for baby name input, if anyone feels up to it. Twin girls Parents are Alicia Flex (a playable I created as the sister of the premade Max Flexor from Academie Le Tour) and Henrik Lindström (downtownie with one of those pre-set appearances). This is the two of them on a date downtown:

And here's a picture of the twins right after birth

Any suggestions on fitting names? I can't seem to think of any baby names any more, last two babies in born in my game were called "baby girl" and "baby boy" until turning toddlers when I finally gave up and asked my sister to name them

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Instructor
#4305 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 3:14 AM
Wait, are the twins two boys, two girls, or one boy and one girl? When that same guy had twins in my game, I named them Dallas and Alexa, because those were the first names that went through my head lol. When I'm stuck, I use a random name generator, like this one, and choose the one I like the most.

"Exijo una explicacion!"
Instructor
#4306 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 3:26 AM
I just named twin boys Alex and Xander
Maybe the girls can be Pat and Tricia or Eliza and Beth.

I have an old Baby Names book that I like to flip through because it has some not-so-common names like:
Calantha (lovely flower); Alverdine (counsel from the elves); Mouna (wish or desire); Tzigane (gypsy)

You might try a baby name site to see if something jumps out at you:
https://nameberry.com/girls-names
https://www.babble.com/baby-names/
https://www.babynames.com/

Edited to add:
I like that name generator. I'm going to bookmark that one for later.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
#4307 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 3:37 AM
On Nameberry, try out the Namehunter. You can put in names that you like and it'll spit out various ones with the same kind of feel to them.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Lab Assistant
#4308 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 3:53 AM
Accidentally renamed Nervous Subject to Nervous Cameron. So the story so far is that (with the help of the buyable gypsy crystal ball) Nervous got together with elder Jock Neil Cameron. I was thinking of having him die eventually so Nervous becomes a widower. I apparently waited too long with the last name chooser when they finally did get married, thus the name change. Now I'm thinking something additional, like since Nervous wants to forget his past as a test subject, that with his new married name will bring about "Cameron" as a new first name when Neil does die of old age. And then Nervous remarries and gets someone else's last name so he is then finally rid of his old name linked to his past. Not totally sure tho. :P

I used to tumblr a lot about this lame-o group: The Smiths - The Draize Train

Jumped on the Simblr train
Field Researcher
#4309 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa
I was thinking about using the Visitor controller to prevent grouchy sims from showing up but I'm not sure.

I have Visitor Controller (how did I ever play without it?) and if I see a fight brewing then I step into Bouncer Mode and ban the offending party. Or parties, if I don't know who started it. On my teen-only lots, Sophie Miguel seemed to be the usual culprit, for some reason.
Field Researcher
#4310 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 12:56 PM
I never have trouble coming up with baby names. Last time a baby was born, the mother screamed EXACTLY when the lightning went off. I laughed my ass off. So I named the baby after the Latin word for thunder, Tonitrua.
Mad Poster
#4311 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 3:33 PM
Thanks for the suggestions

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Instructor
#4312 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 4:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pideli
I never have trouble coming up with baby names. Last time a baby was born, the mother screamed EXACTLY when the lightning went off. I laughed my ass off. So I named the baby after the Latin word for thunder, Tonitrua.

Must be a signal. What is the future planning for this baby?

"Exijo una explicacion!"
Theorist
#4313 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 5:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnian
I have Visitor Controller (how did I ever play without it?) and if I see a fight brewing then I step into Bouncer Mode and ban the offending party. Or parties, if I don't know who started it. On my teen-only lots, Sophie Miguel seemed to be the usual culprit, for some reason.

I finally go for the "smite" option. The sim who started the fight got smited.
It seems that, for now Bonneville's inhabitants play kickybag instead of fighing.
Field Researcher
#4314 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 8:46 PM
Quote:

The German for thunder is Donner, which is homophonic with Donna (a real name).
Field Researcher
#4315 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 8:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetina
Must be a signal. What is the future planning for this baby?

Oh, I don't know! Nothing special. What should I do then? :o Maybe she needs to become an evil witch.
She may be the heiress of the family, I don't know yet! I'm playing a kind-of legacy where every generation must have 10 kids, and when there's 5 teenagers, they go to the university, and one of the sims in that first group (the prettiest of course ) becomes the heir/heiress and moves back to the same house. So her future is very unknown atm!
Field Researcher
#4316 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 8:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnian
The German for thunder is Donner, which is homophonic with Donna (a real name).

I read "homophobic" I was like WHAT is going on? xD
Oh that would have been a pretty name! But also quite common, so I prefer Tonitrua Although Donna sounds nicer, I admit. Oh well
Theorist
#4317 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 8:59 PM
I've been on a same-first-letter twin naming kick for the last couple of years. It kind of just helps me keep track of who is twins with who: Roderick and Rosaline; Sherya and Shalin; Atticus and Amelia; Franz and Fauna; Andante and Adagio; Pryce and Peirce; Marquez and Mercedes, etc

Before that I used rhyming names, but it gets a bit hard after a few to keep finding Rhyming names unless you want to go with Mary, Gary, Barry, Jerry, Larry, Terri, etc but at that point why waste tha ton twins when you could make them quintuplets? (I don't have that mod, yikes If I did!)

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Alchemist
#4318 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 5:54 AM
I need to break myself of the habit of thinking that once I've started work on the interior of a lot, I can no longer make changes to the exterior. The cafeteria on the terrace of my hospital lot has been bothering me because it's too small for quite a while, and yet it only occurred to me this afternoon that I could expand it.

Still have to see if that approach works the way I want it to from an aesthetic standpoint, but it was really kind of a "hey, duh" moment for me...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Field Researcher
#4319 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 6:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
I'd be grateful for baby name input, if anyone feels up to it. Twin girls Parents are Alicia Flex (a playable I created as the sister of the premade Max Flexor from Academie Le Tour) and Henrik Lindström (downtownie with one of those pre-set appearances).
Any suggestions on fitting names? I can't seem to think of any baby names any more, last two babies in born in my game were called "baby girl" and "baby boy" until turning toddlers when I finally gave up and asked my sister to name them

Assuming their last name is Lindstrom: For boys, Frederik and Valdemar; for girls, Sofia and Freja.
If their last name is Flex, maybe replace Frederik with Magnus and Freja with Laura or Lorelei.
#4320 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 7:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmful
I've been on a same-first-letter twin naming kick for the last couple of years. It kind of just helps me keep track of who is twins with who: Roderick and Rosaline; Sherya and Shalin; Atticus and Amelia; Franz and Fauna; Andante and Adagio; Pryce and Peirce; Marquez and Mercedes, etc

Before that I used rhyming names, but it gets a bit hard after a few to keep finding Rhyming names unless you want to go with Mary, Gary, Barry, Jerry, Larry, Terri, etc but at that point why waste tha ton twins when you could make them quintuplets? (I don't have that mod, yikes If I did!)

The Ottomas quads (three females, one male) are named Jasmine, Lily, Violet, and William.

Theorist
#4321 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 7:34 PM
That would just confuse me! I'd be like, who is this William and why is he hanging out with triplets?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#4322 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 8:45 PM
Quote:
I read "homophobic" I was like WHAT is going on? xD

Given that 'n' and 'b' are right next to each other on a QWERTY keyboard, I consider myself lucky to have escaped an embarrassing typo.
Forum Resident
#4323 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 9:55 PM
That moment you realize that eventually you'll be renovating the Fiesta Tech Campus someday.

(I'm just not sure I'm ready to go through it again....)

You can't lie to me. I play Town Of Salem.
Page 173 of 173