Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #3 - posted on Yesterday at 9:54 PM
Replies: 10068 (Who?), Viewed: 218341 times.
Page 403 of 403
Lab Assistant
#10051 Old Yesterday at 2:35 PM
From the wiki:

In Nightlife, the members of a group in an outing or a date partner will have a small blue plumbob over their heads, much like The Sims: Hot Date. This plumbob doesn't reflect their mood, however. In Open for Business, business employees have a small spherical plumbob over their heads, which could be green, yellow, or red depending on their mood and motives. It is important to watch the color of employees' plumbobs so as to know when to give them a break, or they may decide to quit if their motives drop too low.

My life is a series of incomprehensible sketches, illegible notes, and running away from angry reptiles. I don't enjoy that last one.

Stories and stories about mermaids, kings and sunken treasure, magic worlds where the impossible becomes the everyday!
#10052 Old Yesterday at 2:36 PM
I mean the logo of the plumbob, that appears on the left side on the listed names in the group managing window.
Lab Assistant
#10053 Old Yesterday at 2:39 PM Last edited by Sketching : Yesterday at 3:01 PM.
Oh, that window. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it means playable.

Edit: I went to check in-game. The plumbobs refer to playables.

My life is a series of incomprehensible sketches, illegible notes, and running away from angry reptiles. I don't enjoy that last one.

Stories and stories about mermaids, kings and sunken treasure, magic worlds where the impossible becomes the everyday!
#10054 Old Yesterday at 2:42 PM
Could be.
Scholar
#10055 Old Yesterday at 10:22 PM
You get the same green plumbob icon when in the "send sims to college" screen. And yes, it's for playables.
Field Researcher
#10056 Old Today at 6:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freefalldreams
Is there anything toddlers can build body skill with?

Not here often enough lately to be too timely about chiming in, but for what it's worth, the toddler body-skilling (and appearance-changing) mirror (mentioned by jo already) is here. Like with most things Numenor made, I've never had problems with it, and the animations are smooth.

Also, I use a version Squinge made of the hack that Sketching and ihate both mentioned, the one that enables Body skilling for toddlers when riding the Bouncy Bork. (Sketching's description of the Affinity Sims version quoted below.) Two differences in Squinge's version: (1) getting on the rider is not autonomous for the toddler, so parents must put them on it (of course, the kiddo can choose to get off as normal). (2) Fitness enthusiasm is also gained.

What does seem to be the same between the Squinge and Affinity versions: body skill (and enthusiasm gain, I think) happens extra fast, and my slower-skilling mod (don't know whether it's the same as Sketching's) doesn't seem to affect the pace, either.

(And if you're looking for something different, here are some interesting recolors for the Bouncy Bork that I just saw...definitely not the usual thing!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketching
I recall someone having a mod that allows toddlers to autonomously use the rocking horses (is that what they're called?) by themselves and gain body skill from them. I have the file in storage but I can't remember where I got it...

Edit: I'm an idiot. Have a link: http://affinitysims.com/files/file/...ring-rider-mod/

I noticed that this doesn't play well with my harder skills mod - not a problem if you don't use one.

OT: Hm, thinking out loud...using the Sim Blender plug-in (requires AL or MG; found in TJ's March 17 post here), I limit skills anyway for each age bracket (yes, I actually change each sim's personal skill limits at each age-up, also depending on their education and achievement level, a la Lauratje). So now that Sketching has mentioned it, maybe I'll switch over to the Affinity version too, especially since I could still use Pescado's Autonomy Control if I want to ensure only toddlers of whatever criteria I choose (Active? Sports/Fitness hobbies?) keep the option to get on the horse. I love the idea that Active kids could surprise me (or not) with whether they develop much Body skill as toddlers, and I think I don't mind Body being something they can gain the first couple points of quickly when young (So thanks, Sketching.)

(Edited to add links, including to Squinge's mod, heh.)

Away from my game for most months out of the year right now, but still a fan.
Lab Assistant
#10057 Old Today at 7:07 AM
You're welcome, natboopsie.

Yeah, I have that Blender plug-in too. I was so shocked that the Spring Rider shot the toddlers into maxed out body skill before I could even set the skill limits. Nowadays, I mostly leave it for the toddlers' fun since they can use it themselves.

#10058 Old Today at 7:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
What determines the order that families appear on the SimBlender's teleport menu or the Simlogical cat teleporter? I thought it was the order they were created, but then some families randomly end up near the beginning or in some seemingly random order.

I think I figured it out. It appears in the order of the Sims' index number - namely, the lowest index number. So the households where I had a townie move in (or even a stray pet) jumped to the front of the list.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Lab Assistant
#10059 Old Today at 1:22 PM
I have two questions:

Question 1 - What causes strange "snow lines" to appear on floors? I'm guessing there's a gap in the ceiling that causes this, but I'm not sure.

This hasn't happened in any of the (wonderfully boxy) houses I built from scratch, but I was poking around Mootlida's larger houses to see how some of them were made then I remembered that one of them had this problem. I already layered the ceiling with tiles, so maybe I missed something.

Please excuse the old picture but it's the only one I could find.

Question 2 - What does it mean when trees in neighborhood view are somehow getting stretched and connected to each other? It happened on an old install with one of my started-from-scratch subhoods that I thought I might install on my current computer and I'd rather it not happen again.

Instructor
#10060 Old Today at 2:35 PM Last edited by amora_selvagen : Today at 5:03 PM.
Would be a bad thing to place my sims i did not lay from my cc hood i did not really play in a lot and move to another one? i do not lke the map!?

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Mad Poster
#10061 Old Today at 4:15 PM
Is it possible to edit the effect that certain (EAxis) actions/interactions have on motives? I would like to be able to alter the decrease in motives when sims Pose (both the BV on-sim interaction and the one linked to the UNI camera) so that I can use it to simulate them doing construction work on the lot. Is this possible? And can anyone give me any advice on how to go about doing it, if it is possible?
Mad Poster
#10062 Old Today at 4:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amora_selvagen
Would be a bed thing to place my sims i did not lay from my cc hood i did not really play in a lot and move to another one? i do not lke the map!?

Yes, it would. They'll leave data behind, even if they haven't been played, and arrive in the new hood broken, and break that hood.

Use Mootilda's Hood Replacer if you don't like your map; or clone the sims and make them over in the new hood.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
#10063 Old Today at 6:36 PM
For some appearant reason, I can't join a greek house when asking to when I already have establish the required relationship as the scenario haven't yet ended. What gives?
Mad Poster
#10064 Old Today at 6:47 PM
Have you got the required relationships for everybody? Don't ask; when you hit the numbers, the scenario will end and you'll be accepted. If that's not happening, it's probably due to a mod conflict.

Asking to join requires a full friendship to be accepted. Pledging from the phone requires meeting the scenario requirements.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#10065 Old Today at 7:03 PM
I find it easier to form friendships with the Greeks on the phone before asking to join the House or have the Greeks ask the sim to pledge instead. Somehow when the scenario starts and they arrive, they become difficult to interact with if you're not already friends and/or disappear into the dorm rooms (though I think I have a mod that prevents the latter).

Scholar
#10066 Old Today at 7:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketching
I'm guessing there's a gap in the ceiling that causes this, but I'm not sure.

When you check "temperature stats" on the batbox, does it say a sim in that room is outdoors?
Lab Assistant
#10067 Old Today at 8:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
When you check "temperature stats" on the batbox, does it say a sim in that room is outdoors?

It doesn't but it should if there's snow leaking in. What in the world?

I was going through the debuggers to fix the above and found an option "Local Yuckiness." Okay, then...

#10068 Old Today at 8:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Have you got the required relationships for everybody? Don't ask; when you hit the numbers, the scenario will end and you'll be accepted. If that's not happening, it's probably due to a mod conflict.

Asking to join requires a full friendship to be accepted. Pledging from the phone requires meeting the scenario requirements.

I did, but the scenario pop op message on the corner didn't update itself probably due to a bug. Had to talk with the last remaining a little more, despite the fact I already oveer-max to the required level with that sim. Nontheless, I manage to succesfully complete it.
Mad Poster
#10069 Old Today at 8:48 PM
They run around the dorms and often hide in dorm rooms, but all you have to do to find them is go into buy/build mode, which allows you to see into dorm rooms. Then tell the sim to "go here" and the brother/sister will be trapped!

I find that, if the playable doesn't already have a strong relationship to the Greeks, it's best to start with the member with the highest relationship requirement and queue up a bunch of actions. Once they're in your queue they don't drop out very often. When you're a few points over the requirement for that one, look for the next highest and so on.

Page 403 of 403