Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Guidelines/Rubrics Changes - posted on 16th Jun 2017 at 6:09 PM
Replies: 7638 (Who?), Viewed: 166234 times.
Page 306 of 306
Top Secret Researcher
#7626 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 5:50 PM
If you use the gable roofs to create "fake" walls, you'll have the problem of the game not treating the rooms you build out of it as being indoors, so it'll be exposed to the weather. This game guide shows you how to convert those fake walls into real walls in order to weatherproof the affected rooms. A number of premade houses, like the Pleasant house in Pleasantview, and a few lot bin ones, have this problem (They were made before Seasons though, so do forgive EAxis for this one).
Scholar
#7627 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 7:56 PM
rephrased question/questions::
which file in Program Files directory contains the shipped version length of semesters? if a PACKAGE file, which resource/resources in that file?
and seasons?

unrelated::
awnings; what are all of their functions?

the AquaGreen Hydroponic Garden (Slacker reward); does it affect Garden Club scoring in any way?
any career reward besides the cowplant (Natural Science reward) influence Garden Club scoring in any way?

greenhouse roof; is long gable its only shape?
greenhouses; can same greenhouse have different colors of greenhouse walls/roofs?
Scholar
#7628 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 8:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k6ka
If you use the gable roofs to create "fake" walls, you'll have the problem of the game not treating the rooms you build out of it as being indoors, so it'll be exposed to the weather. This game guide shows you how to convert those fake walls into real walls in order to weatherproof the affected rooms. A number of premade houses, like the Pleasant house in Pleasantview, and a few lot bin ones, have this problem (They were made before Seasons though, so do forgive EAxis for this one).

Stupid question but how do I know whats considered a fake wall or if its a 'real' wall ?

I'll post a picture within the hour.
Mad Poster
#7629 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 8:35 PM
Since the quote mentions the Pleasant house, I can tell what they mean by "fake walls". In that house the FIRST floor has a roof-section with a flat side, one on each end of the house (where the girl's bedrooms are). Then what the builder did was use the "flat side" of the roof as one wall of the bedroom. Then they would have erased the "flat side" of the roof-section with the wall tool, and rebuild it as a full wall. BUT the game still sees the section that WAS the flat side of the roof section as just part of the roof, NOT as a wall. In Angela's room that's what it looked like, but in Lilith's room I could see a wall built in FRONT of what looked like a wall (but it was really the roof "wall") so I took out the front wall. Now BOTH girls freeze at night.

Namaste
Scholar
#7630 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 11:05 PM
I think I fixed it but I want to double check anyway before my sims die of heat exhaustion in the summer

Lets see if I did

So where I have those four windows on the second floor, I knocked those walls down and re-put them up. (Did the same on the opposite side) Then I had to re-roof the chunk that was missing on the top of wall to the original roof. Am I correct?

Do I need to do anything on the north and south end of the second floor?
staff: moderator
#7631 Old Yesterday at 12:12 AM
From what I can see it looks like it is fixed.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
#7632 Old Yesterday at 12:13 AM
The easy way to tell if your walls are walls or roof, is to hit the clear all roofing button. If it's a roof, it'll vanish.

Then you'll want to hit undo to get your windows, etc, back.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#7633 Old Yesterday at 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
Oh really? Can I have a link pretty please? Just to double-check if it does anything I didn't do in mine, or if it's really just a matter of getting through first semester.

Sure, I use this one here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=302233 modified to be longer hours rather than shorter ones. It's a fairly simple BCON mod, just edit the time in grading period and grace period hours lines to your preference. I do pretty exclusively use dorms, I can't vouch for how/if it works in rented uni housing.

Alchemist
#7634 Old Yesterday at 5:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marka93
@simsfreq As I said above semesters can be made shorter and longer its the players choice with the "College Adjuster" mod http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7.0

I know this was a few pages back, but that wasn't the question I was answering. I know that there are mods which can be used to manually adjust college and season times, but the poster was looking for mods which adjust the default span of time without the player having to do anything. We were both right, we were just answering different questions.

Edit: Although Mattie's link seems to have managed it. When I tried to change this it didn't work for me so that would be interesting if I ever wanted to play longer semesters.

Edit2: Now I see Mattie's comment about semester 2. Oh! That is interesting. It's very likely that I didn't think to push them into the next semester to check.

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools) Plus! TS2:UNI careers enabled for teens: Here at simbology
Lab Assistant
#7635 Old Today at 3:09 AM
@maxon @frogz2007
Thanks

@smorbie1
Did she look exactly the same?

Pleasantview - Family Tree
Strangetown - Family Tree
Rhinehart - Royal Kingdom Challenge
#7636 Old Today at 4:08 AM
Does bathroomusesyou nuke the naked emitter? I've noticed that my Sims have stopped screaming at each other recently and it's the only hack I've installed of late.

Also, did anyone else have issues with the O'Mackey house in Riverblossom Hills? My sims keep overheating when indoors. Want to rule out a structural issue. I hate doing 50/50s.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods?
Field Researcher
#7637 Old Today at 5:01 AM
I've never had problems with overheating in the O'Mackey house, BUT it has been a long time since I've played it and I usually don't have summer in Riverblossom Hills. I would backup and test with no cc at all if they're overheating and it's not even summer.

As for Bathroom Uses You, I'm not 100% positive since the description doesn't mention it (I spent a good half hour tracking down the description too, so let me know if you need it) but I would imagine it does nuke the naked emitter since the intent was to make sims smarter about using bathrooms.

"This is subtracting from my arts and crafts time."
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Inventor
#7638 Old Today at 11:34 AM
I checked out an unplayed O'Mackey house in my game. I can't see any structural problems that would cause overheating. Have your sims been doing anything that would get them overheated?

Thanks to Crmelsimlover for sharing these rare Christianlov mods for TS2: Cpack editor with working face DNA fixer and Skin Selector Prototype. Instructions for adding custom skins to Skin Selector at post #37 here. Instructions for using the DNA fixer at post # 2662 here .
Alchemist
#7639 Old Today at 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmrogue
@maxon @frogz2007
Thanks

@smorbie1
Did she look exactly the same?

It's been awhile, but if I remember correctly, she did. I think her hair was even the same color. I've also had someone marry the music hobby girl, the one with the short blond hair. Her replacement was the same as well.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Page 306 of 306