Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #2 - posted on 10th Aug 2017 at 2:58 PM
Replies: 8835 (Who?), Viewed: 190319 times.
Page 354 of 354
Mad Poster
#8826 Old Yesterday at 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Wait, all meshes? All teen female meshes? All bathrobe meshes? I have now spotted it on the adult female bathrobes too. Did anyone ever make a tutorial to fix it?

Well, what I noticed when I edited the toddler feet mesh, was that it had errors. Knowing that one mesh was made(adult) and then scaled down to accommodate all ages...it was only fair to think, all had these errors. I fixed it on my toddler feet mesh edit, but I won't fix it on everything.
I will open that teen female mesh in Milkshape and take pictures to show you how to fix it, if you want.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Scholar
#8827 Old Today at 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyokoGirl5000
The other sims don't even do anything. They just stand around.

They stand around like they've lost their autonomy? Have you tested in a vanilla environment to see whether they exhibit that same behaviour? Maybe you have some kind of CC conflict?
Test Subject
#8828 Old Today at 1:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lili975
They stand around like they've lost their autonomy? Have you tested in a vanilla environment to see whether they exhibit that same behaviour? Maybe you have some kind of CC conflict?

Just tested it without my Downloads folder and they move around again. I don't even know where to start looking with my mods...

All's fair in love, war and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Mad Poster
#8829 Old Today at 1:56 AM
Then you need the 50/50, as outlined in the FAQ. It's tedious, but doesn't take as long as you think it will.
Basically, you back up your game and divide your downloads into two more or less equal parts. Put one in, test. No problem - there's half your downloads eliminated right away. Problem - ditto, since you know the problem's in this half, you don't have to test the other half at all! Divide the problem half into two parts, lather, rinse, repeat.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#8830 Old Today at 2:02 AM Last edited by LyokoGirl5000 : Today at 2:43 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Then you need the 50/50, as outlined in the FAQ. It's tedious, but doesn't take as long as you think it will.
Basically, you back up your game and divide your downloads into two more or less equal parts. Put one in, test. No problem - there's half your downloads eliminated right away. Problem - ditto, since you know the problem's in this half, you don't have to test the other half at all! Divide the problem half into two parts, lather, rinse, repeat.

Thanks, I'll do that.

Edit: Wow, you're right. I've already found the folder my bad CC is in. That didn't take long at all!

Edit: And the answer is some mod I installed years ago and completely forgot about.

All's fair in love, war and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
#8831 Old Today at 2:05 AM
Question: I'm about to do a 50/50 to see if I can isolate an issue. Though I want to get a better idea of what's going on. Does anyone know what this error means? It happens on both occupied and unoccupied apartment lots.

Quote:
Object id: 186
name: Controller - Apartment
Stack size: 5
Error: Problem executing script (Apartment - Update Object Copies): Run-time:
(none):0: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
(none): in function `ClearLotApartmentObjects'
(none): in function `Apartment - Update Object Copies'

Iterations: 1
Frame 4:
Stack Object id: 0
Node: 1
Tree: id 4175 name 'CT - Run On Save' version -32755
from Controller_Apartment
Prim state: 5
Params: Locals:
Frame 3:
Node: 0
Tree: id -1 name 'No behavior' version 0
from
Prim state: 1
Params: Locals:
Frame 2:
Node: 0
Tree: id 280 name 'Idle' version 2
from global
Prim state: 0
Params: 0 Locals:
Frame 1:
Node: 1
Tree: id 367 name 'Idle - Minutes' version 1
from global
Params: 30 Locals:
Frame 0:
Node: 8
Tree: id 4097 name 'Function - Main - Apartment' version -32669
from Controller_Apartment
Params: Locals: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 28 6 0

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Mad Poster
#8832 Old Today at 5:58 AM
@Charity
I wrote a small tutorial for you, so you can fix your teen female K&B bathrobe mesh...or any meshes for that matter.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
it's under a spoiler because..pictures.

Mad Poster
#8833 Old Today at 7:51 AM
Thanks. That's really helpful. Was that the same problem you found when you changed the toddler feet?
Mad Poster
#8834 Old Today at 3:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Question: I'm about to do a 50/50 to see if I can isolate an issue. Though I want to get a better idea of what's going on. Does anyone know what this error means? It happens on both occupied and unoccupied apartment lots.

No idea, but if you figure it out I hope you'll share. I have the same problem, I think. error log looks about like how I remember it. Haven't had the energy to deal with it.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Test Subject
#8835 Old Today at 4:00 PM
With Cyjon's townie apartment neighbors mod, does anyone know how to control which townies move into which apartments?

(Meaning the specific rooms, as I'm pretty sure I can get them in the building I want by getting them to move in while there are no other available townies, right?)
Mad Poster
#8836 Old Today at 4:59 PM Last edited by Rosebine : Today at 5:15 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Thanks. That's really helpful. Was that the same problem you found when you changed the toddler feet?

No actually, not as bad.
On the toddler, I fixed only the assignment between foot and calf, because skin would get stretch when their feet was in a tip toe position. I know that error also occur on children, have them slide down the playground slide and look at their ankles (front of leg) you'll see.
So my theory about same meshes same errors might be wrong. They aren't as bad, but they might all have that tiny error.

You cannot control who moves in which unit, not more than you can when you have NPC moving in. What you can do though, is having all other units occupied by your sims..leaving just the one you want occupied by a townie...same would work with NPC tenants.
I have this mod by Cyjon, and I have no control on which townie moves where.

Page 354 of 354