Replies: 7343 (Who?), Viewed: 318574 times.
Page 294 of 294
Forum Resident
#7326 Old 15th May 2019 at 7:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by venusking
I've seen it too. I think it means fear of being awoken (or maybe just annoyed) by noisy neighbor (in apartments).

That would make sense, as she had gotten complained to earlier/the night before by a neighbor about the noise her party was making. What's funny is that I've played a fair amount with apartments and had numerous sims get woken up by noisy neighbors and don't recall seeing it. I've rarely, though, had neighbors come over to complain about the noise my own sim was making, so I wonder if that is the trigger instead.
Mad Poster
#7327 Old 15th May 2019 at 7:33 PM
Mad Poster
#7328 Old 15th May 2019 at 8:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBoo8
No surprise, but wow Sims 2, I've missed you.
@BeckyBoo8
Hi Becky! Welcome back! We've missed you here on MTS too. It was good to see your cheery avatar with the kid on the rocking horse again. (I liked your previous avatar too.) It's always good to see old faces (or avatars) return.

I recall you as a frequent poster a few years ago, when you were one of our younger members. Well, whether we like it or not. we're all a bit older now. (Except for my Sims that is -- thanks to my aging-off playstyle most of my long- serving Sims are the same age as they were back in 2012 when I started to play. Only little Hans has aged up -- from a toddler to a child.)

I'm undoubtedly one of the older Simmers here -- I was the wrong side of 60 when I bought my game. I already knew about CC clothes because I'd seen them when doing Google searches for Real Life stuff, so I joined MTS only a few days after I started to play. The Sims 2 surpassed all my expectations. I bought the game (Double Deluxe) in the hope of having a little fun with it. I discovered I had bought a truly convincing lifelike life-simulation game. I realised that my Sims had complex, multi-faceted personalities, and I quickly began to care really quite deeply for them. Now I'd find it hard to imagine a future for myself without my Sims -- I love them so much!

One thing The Sims 2 has done, that I thought was impossible, was top get me really hooked on a computer game. The Sims 2 is really my only computer game. I have played trivial freebies like Minesweeper and Solitaire, but without any real interest. I felt they were just wasting my time. No game sustained my interest for any length of time, and if anything I was something of an anti-gamer. That was until I met my Sims. They changed everything! When I wasn't playing, I was invariably thinking about them and longing to get back to them to share in their lives and adventures.

Anyway I'm very glad to see you back. I'm looking forward to reading your posts about your game. And I wish you many hours years of happy Simming!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Forum Resident
#7329 Old 15th May 2019 at 8:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

Nice work! Yup, that about looks like what I saw! I must have mistook the lines for bolts.
Mad Poster
#7330 Old 15th May 2019 at 10:40 PM
Just happened to find this on the wiki while reading about Jodie Larson:
Quote:
Strangely, if she is extracted with SimPE to Body Shop and the player switches her gender to male using Body Shop or Create a Sim, she will have faint stubble like Jason, implying that she was created in Create a Sim, and that her gender was switched to male at some point before her creation was confirmed.

I wonder if they were going to be male twins, or possibly (because Jason has very subtle make-up on) they switched Jodie and Jason around last minute for some reason.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
#7331 Old 16th May 2019 at 3:01 PM
I've discovered that it is not a good idea to have a default replacement for the children's private school uniform but not the teen's one. I have a mod so everyone wears the uniforms, and it was time (two weeks ago,ahem) to change the kids into their summer uniforms, but the teens ended up with the kids' texture on the teen mesh, which...does not fit. Thankfully I was able to not only find the creator of the kids' DR, but also the matching set for teens.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Test Subject
#7332 Old 16th May 2019 at 4:46 PM
I just found out that Sims can have the fear of cleaning up. It's the first time, I've seen that fear. I think it happens to very sloppy Sims, which is why I discovered it just recently.
Test Subject
#7333 Old 16th May 2019 at 10:40 PM
Today I saw the want for spying on the neighbours for the first time. Sarah Love (7/2/5/5/6, Family/Pleasure) was on a date on a lot where there is an expensive telescope in the front yard. She rolled two wants with the telescope icon. Confused, I hovered over them; one was the usual want to look into the sky and the other one was to spy on the neighbours. :D

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Mad Poster
#7334 Old 20th May 2019 at 8:07 PM
I found out that the Registrar of any college will automatically assign a major to those who are still undecided on their major by the end of their sophomore year.
The Tinsel Town YA's are in dire need of this feature because they're unused to actually, (like never) working for a living-let alone making decisions.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Alchemist
#7335 Old 20th May 2019 at 8:21 PM
If you have Bon Voyage, you may have been annoyed by the fact that lot imposters and some neighborhood deco items have daytime lighting even at night. I recently played a beach lot in Twikii Island for the first time since installing Nopke's default replacement skies and discovered a possible reason for it. If you've ever played a beach lot at night, you may have noticed that the water at night has very light reflections. I guess Maxis wanted it to look like it was romantically moonlit or something. It turns out that Maxis got this effect by having the ocean reflect the daytime sky at night. I never would have noticed this without Nopke's cloudy daytime sky in my game. Anyway, I don't know much about this stuff, but maybe this has something to do with the reason the lot imposters and some of the trees have daytime lighting at night?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7336 Old 22nd May 2019 at 4:31 PM
About community lots in Uni-if a student goes to a community lot before having to go to class, they will go to class while still there and return to it afterward!

It does not default to the home while they're at class!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Mad Poster
#7337 Old 22nd May 2019 at 5:01 PM
And while sometimes that's okay, most of the time, it's like why don't you just go home? You don't live at the dress shop, idiot. You're hungry, you have to pee, and you need a shower. GO HOME.

But then, I finally modded my game enough that I can do everything they need at home. So, they don't go to the shops anymore.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Mad Poster
#7338 Old 22nd May 2019 at 5:38 PM
Trying to make a wreck of a house, I had a sloppy woman have lots of babies, then die. No one ever came for the babies & toddlers, or the pets. I checked and HAD removed cc that stops social worker,etc. Discovered I could still put this "family" in the bin, then "gift" them to a random Sim. Worse; I had set the stay-thing shrub to keep things, but it didn't keep weeds. It DID keep bugs and dirty stuff.

ALSO: I have a piece of adult female clothing that must be missing a mesh (???). It looks like a long nightgown - made of SKIN, that is backwards! A butt on one hip, an arm on the other, nipples on the back. But I decided to keep it, and use it to dress my alien "confused on the concept".

Namaste
Alchemist
#7339 Old Yesterday at 10:11 PM
Mad Poster
#7340 Old Yesterday at 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
And while sometimes that's okay, most of the time, it's like why don't you just go home? You don't live at the dress shop, idiot. You're hungry, you have to pee, and you need a shower. GO HOME.

But then, I finally modded my game enough that I can do everything they need at home. So, they don't go to the shops anymore.

It suits my playing - I send the whole dorm (all of them are playables) to a community lot; those who need to go to class go and come back. Needless to say, all my community lots have food, showers and entertainment. Once everyone is back from class, off home they go
Forum Resident
#7341 Old Yesterday at 10:39 PM
Not only can Sims play Fetch with their dog indoors (never seen that before today), but Fetch is a silent game that doesn't disturb the toddler sleeping in the crib right beside them.
Mad Poster
#7342 Old Yesterday at 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justpetro
It suits my playing - I send the whole dorm (all of them are playables) to a community lot; those who need to go to class go and come back. Needless to say, all my community lots have food, showers and entertainment. Once everyone is back from class, off home they go

lol. I thought of you when I wrote that. Our game play is almost completely opposite of each other.

when I played TS1 I sent my sims to community lots almost every day. But the computer I had when I first got Sims2 must have been crappy because every time I tried to send someone to a community lot, the effort made my computer throw up. So, I learned to play without out, and now I just see it as a waste of time, even though they don't lose time at the lots.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Alchemist
#7343 Old Today at 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
lol. I thought of you when I wrote that. Our game play is almost completely opposite of each other.

when I played TS1 I sent my sims to community lots almost every day. But the computer I had when I first got Sims2 must have been crappy because every time I tried to send someone to a community lot, the effort made my computer throw up. So, I learned to play without out, and now I just see it as a waste of time, even though they don't lose time at the lots.

I like going to community lots - suspend a sim's age and go find a mate.
Field Researcher
#7344 Old Today at 2:31 AM
I send my uni students to community lots more than I do in my normal hood. Since there's a limited pool of students, there's a better chance playables they know will show up.

Also, they can go to a community lot before class time, go to class, then go home, and go to class for a second time on the same day and it fills up their bar faster. I do that when I'm trying to hurry someone along if they've gotten out of sync with their age-mates.
Page 294 of 294