Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for February - posted on 1st Mar 2017 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 2515 (Who?), Viewed: 90633 times.
Page 101 of 101
Field Researcher
#2501 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
I don't have ACR at all, since most of it I don't want. I have risky woohoo as a separate mod.

Ah, sorry. Your wording about it being "the one thing ACR had that I really wanted" made it sound like you had been or were looking at possibly using the mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
I like oopsie pregnancies, that's why I have risky woohoo. I don't see the point in have two levels of oopsie within the same mechanism. Risky woohoo makes there be a risk, the whole point of birth control for me is to remove that risk for certain couples that I don't want unplanned pregnancies for. I'm sure some people do like it, but to me it makes no sense. Why would I want two levels of oopsie? Inteen is the same, but it at least provides a flavor pak that let's us make birth control failsafe.

And I know I can use cannot get pregnant, figured that out once I realized birth control was failing. But that to me is also dumb. I will use it from now on, but the phrasing bothers me. Semantics, I know, but cannot get pregnant sounds more permanent and it feels weird to set a Sim to that with the intention of removing it later on. Will probably mod ACR eventually to make birth control 100% safe.

It seems to be a matter of perception. In my mind, if a sim isn't on birth control, that means they're not taking any special precautions to prevent becoming pregnant (no condoms, no pills, not even ye olde pull-out or rhythm method). They may not be trying to get pregnant, but they're not actively avoiding it. Fallible birth control is just a way of adding a risk where a sim is actively trying to avoid pregnancy but ends up pregnant anyway, whether because they did something risky on their end or the method they were using failed. It allows for more depth of character/story development than if there were only the choices of no birth control or 100% birth control. I've had fun playing sims both ways. I had a lady sim who just didn't care to keep up with birth control, so I never put her on it, yet she somehow managed to sail through life without getting pregnant. Where-as poor Gonreil Capp had one drink at a bar, come home super-tired, and immediately fell for Albany's coaxing charms which ended up leaving her pregnant when she very clearly had not wanted to be. I wouldn't have had the opportunity of that storyline with 100% birth control.
Forum Resident
#2502 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 11:05 PM
I don't have any hacks for risky woohoo or birth control or anything like that. I handle it all myself with some personal rules and a few dice. Obviously, that's not everyone's preference, but it works well for me.
Mad Poster
#2503 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 11:08 PM
Yes, I guess it is a matter of perception. The way I interpret it, risky woohoo is failing birth control. Woohoo does not carry a risk of pregnancy in an unmodded game, so adding it via mod to me means adding a failing mechanism to whatever built in birth control Sims are using to make sure woohoo never results in pregnancy.

But either way, I do think it's weird ACR does not have the option to make birth control totally safe. I doubt I'm the only one that wants it that way, and ACR is usually all about options.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Mad Poster
#2504 Old Yesterday at 3:20 AM
Quote:
Does someone want to upload Chris Hatch's birth control for me please? I would really rather not try and get back on that site.

What's your username on BAS? I'll send a PM to get you unbanned. I'm not afraid of the ogre lol.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#2505 Old Yesterday at 3:41 AM
Grim? I think. Something silly since it's not a site I like to visit.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#2506 Old Yesterday at 3:57 AM
Quote:
Grim? I think. Something silly since it's not a site I like to visit.

Can you make sure lol. I'll look silly if I ask for a non existing username to be unbanned.
Needs Coffee
#2507 Old Yesterday at 5:15 AM
Grim pops up when I start typing in the box. I'm only assuming I am banned since I joined and never posted. It might also be I forgot my password. I just never tried because I don't like to go on that site. Right now my son is around- I homeschool. I avoid going on adult sites. Anytime CH has his mods up elsewhere I grab it from there. I could try late tonight I guess, with my second email and rejoin.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#2508 Old Yesterday at 5:27 AM
Quote:
Grim pops up when I start typing in the box. I'm only assuming I am banned since I joined and never posted. It might also be I forgot my password. I just never tried because I don't like to go on that site. Right now my son is around- I homeschool. I avoid going on adult sites. Anytime CH has his mods up elsewhere I grab it from there. I could try late tonight I guess, with my second email and rejoin.

Well let me know if you need me to email them. Chris Hatch has been coming out with some nice family friendly stuff lately, so it's worth getting your log in back. And you have the thread I posted to avoid the naughty stuff with. XD
Field Researcher
#2509 Old Yesterday at 5:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
But either way, I do think it's weird ACR does not have the option to make birth control totally safe. I doubt I'm the only one that wants it that way, and ACR is usually all about options.

Yeah, my impression from the thread was that twojeffs stabilized ACR and stopped updating but left a few things undone that he originally meant to include. He probably thought the Cannot Get Pregnant option was suitable enough, even if the wording might come across as more a permanent solution (like being infertile or having an irreversible sterilization done).
Top Secret Researcher
#2510 Old Yesterday at 6:02 AM
That Sims and Pets could sleep on the same bed.

Basically, I just directed my Sim to use the bed, because he was tired. Then, the dog just happened to use the same bed. And they slept on the same bed together!

Yes, I am aware of this mod, by MogHughson, but I am telling you that I do not actually have this mod in my game. So, what you are seeing may be a really lucky glitch.
Screenshots

Yours truly,

PlatinumPlumbbob
113 Wright Way
Pleasantview, Sim City, 01234
Mad Poster
#2511 Old Yesterday at 8:01 AM
Pets sleep on beds in my game too and I don't have the mod either.

Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275
Needs Coffee
#2512 Old Yesterday at 8:06 AM
You must do, because apart from a glitch, pets can't sleep in a single bed with a sim, that's a mod. They can sleep on the other side of a double bed.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#2513 Old Yesterday at 11:55 AM
I see - it is a double bed in my game, though - I did not realise they can't sleep on a single bed.

Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275
Needs Coffee
#2514 Old Yesterday at 1:54 PM
That's what the mod is for, single beds. PP linked to it above. Although it only allows kids to have the pet on the bed; I guess adults are too big and don't leave enough room.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#2515 Old Yesterday at 2:03 PM
I keep a very organized Downloads folder. Although I do have a MogHughson folder, I don't have that mod. I also don't have that mod in my Download history. And I don't think I've ever downloaded it before. No, I am fairly sure it is a glitch. The dog and Sim got on the bed at the same time, so apparently there was no furniture check to see whether the furniture was already occupied.

Yours truly,

PlatinumPlumbbob
113 Wright Way
Pleasantview, Sim City, 01234
Mad Poster
#2516 Old Yesterday at 5:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
I am fairly sure it is a glitch. The dog and Sim got on the bed at the same time, so apparently there was no furniture check to see whether the furniture was already occupied.

I got this sort of glitch once, and I also took a picture. I do not remember all the details, but i ended up with a sim bathing with his dog, still in bath tub. That was very lovely.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Page 101 of 101