Replies: 7536 (Who?), Viewed: 349056 times.
Page 302 of 302
Alchemist
#7526 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 8:25 PM
I suppose I wasn't properly "playing" yet, more fighting with my computer and with the game, but I discovered that what had been causing the mysterious scalp disease in my previous installation of the game on my old laptop was a hair recolour. I did not know recolours could affect anything beyond themselves, but after the arduous task of doing a 50/50 on my TS2 Downloads folder (copied over from my old broken laptop), I narrowed the issue down to a recolour of a CC hair. The good news is now all my sims can happily be bald or have any of the various hairstyles that expose parts of the scalp without looking awful.
Test Subject
#7527 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 1:29 AM
Things I discovered after reinstalling the game a month ago:

- Ctrl+O Performance and Ctrl+U UI debugging dialogs by accident.
- Shift+(key left to backspace) quickly expands or collapses the Ctrl+Shift+C console.
- Ctrl+F seems to force crash the game for me.

- "Where did it go?" reaction if you delete an item a Sim was constantly using.
- "Apartment door gone" thought bubble if you delete a sims' apartment door.
- Only adult servos can Run Amok.
- The servo repair interaction is very rarely autonomous.
- Servos even go swimming through pools to reach the mail box for charging when they're low on power and there's no other path.
- Servos dressed like normal Sims really trigger my uncanny valley due to their voice and I really want to kill them.
- Smiting servos in quick succession with the bat box actually _kills_ (not just amoks) them, especially if you have 20 in a swimming pool searching for a ladder.
#7528 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 3:41 AM
Adult servos? As opposed to what?

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Test Subject
#7529 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 2:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeTownChick
Adult servos? As opposed to what?

"Non-adult", aka force-changed to another age like Teen, Child, or whatever with a tool of your choice like Insimenator's temporal adjuster, Vincent's Sim Modder debug object (the baby) or SimPE. They'll never look like servos, but like normal sims (except for the green energy bubble still floating inside their body and having the annoying babbelized voice). And yeah, they'll never run amok.
Mad Poster
#7530 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 4:39 PM
@rosawyn

Glad you can play again. I've missed you.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Alchemist
#7531 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 7:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
Glad you can play again. I've missed you.

Thanks! I've really missed playing and missed hanging out and chatting with all of you as well.
Alchemist
#7532 Old Yesterday at 7:17 PM
New discoveries:

Adding the "stealth hoods as shopping districts" to a hood does not appear to result in a hood reset (yay!). But on the downside, once I go ahead and delete the subhood as instructed (it's just for adding sims)...for the ones that don't add playable sims to the bin, there's no way to tell I added it! Seems semi-dangerous, as I don't think I want two copies of every hobby maven, garden club member, or stray pet in my hood. Not sure if that would cause corruption or just lead to bloat, but either way I don't want it.
Guess I'm gonna need to keep careful notes.

The IKEA stuff pack is more trouble than it's worth.
Lab Assistant
#7533 Old Yesterday at 8:34 PM
So, I had just placed my ex-teens/new young adults in 2 college dorms (1 in Sim State University and 1 in Academie Le Tour).
I was playing in Sim State when I heard a squeaky sound: Melody Tinker (also known as one of my Neat-Freaks ) had a huge sponge in her hand and she was cleaning the window of the dorm
I had never seen a sim do something like that...
It was just one more thing that made me realize how many cool stuff I was missing when I was playing with free will off...
Space Pony
#7534 Old Yesterday at 10:08 PM
I discovered that the game doesn't make very smart choices when choosing mutual friends that invite you to Downtown. One of my teenage Sims went on a date and a few days later received the "I heard you had a great time with my friend the other day. Wanna go out?" message. From the father of the date. Who is an elder.
Mad Poster
#7535 Old Yesterday at 10:15 PM
He wants to know his kid's friends. That's just good parenting.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#7536 Old Yesterday at 11:24 PM
That reminds me of the time I was poking at Veronaville (might have been during the megahood) and Romeo ended up in a Downown outing full of Capps. He spent most of the time playing chess with Consort, which actually ended with them coming to some mutual understanding. It was kind of amazing there wasn't the proverbial bloodshed.
Alchemist
#7537 Old Yesterday at 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vss2eip
I discovered that the game doesn't make very smart choices when choosing mutual friends that invite you to Downtown. One of my teenage Sims went on a date and a few days later received the "I heard you had a great time with my friend the other day. Wanna go out?" message. From the father of the date. Who is an elder.

This mod might help: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=620598 Also featuring a way to turn of creepy promotions from dates.
Page 302 of 302