Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Replies: 4832 (Who?), Viewed: 171403 times.
Page 194 of 194
Instructor
#4826 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 6:40 AM Last edited by kanzen : 16th Dec 2017 at 1:07 PM.
1. you can modify the beach slope terrain with boolProp constrainfloorelevation false cheat just so I can make a prettier shore line AND keep the columns for my dock.
will this crash my game?? will this work at all??
that's another discovery I'm willing to take.

2. edit: I also soon discovered that the sea foam from the waves won't reach my extension.
I could extend the whole shoreline but I think this looks great as is..

3. update: mm yes...glitchy. My sims walked into the water until their knees before they changed. I think it looks cool to walk in the sea water with your summer dress on like a Spanish Soap Opera femme fatale but then my sim started swimming in the air! Click further out to sea to make them sink into the right height.
though it looks cool to walk in the water, I should fix that

4. FIXED!: beach lot's shore line needs a specific slope so sims can go change to swimwear at the edge of the water (not a few steps in, as what happened a few minutes earlier)
Sims can't swim under the dock, and the closest my sim could go is about 4 tiles away from the dock.
Sims can walk under the dock like the supposed shallow puddle that it is, so that's fine. And sims can still comb for seashells, sunbathe, and make sandcastles at the modified edge.

5. in the end... there were no crashes but the game decided to fix itself? After I put the final version of the lot in the bin to test a clone, the lot generated a straight shoreline. It sank my pillars/columns and damn they looked great. I decided to keep it and make another version with thinner timbre corner columns so the railing posts and support columns under the dock match.

so many discoveries in a day!
Screenshots

I gave up my dream to earn a living.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#4827 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 10:27 AM
@kanzen If you use the simlogical portal revealer you can see where the beach portals for your lot are. The beaches have to be a specific height to work correctly, as explained by Inge here:
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...s2_Voyaging.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge
the sea bed needs to be 16 clicks (a room-height) down from the beach.
Test Subject
#4828 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 12:06 PM
I found out there is a wall limit of around 2100
Instructor
#4829 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 1:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
The beaches have to be a specific height to work correctly.

thank you simsample =) I just went clicking away like a mad man and hoped it would work haahaha 16 clicks~ gotcha

If it's one room size, I wonder if I can put another pillar on top of the one placed on the bottom of the sea. I'll have to test it out.
I really love docks on beach lots but I just don't like it when the floor tiles just float with no visible support. it's kinda odd.

Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#4830 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 3:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanzen
I really love docks on beach lots but I just don't like it when the floor tiles just float with no visible support. it's kinda odd.

I couldn't find any pillars that i liked for my pier, so I used the wooden pier remnant that is in the neighbourhood deco items. From inside the lot you can see that it is quite convincing- the pillars indicated by the blue arrow are the neighbourhood deco item, as are the boats that are on the water and the pier extension.
Instructor
#4831 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 5:39 PM
oh! I completely forgot about those! I'll give them a try later and see how it goes u v u

Scholar
#4832 Old Yesterday at 1:23 AM
I discovered if your pet bird is outside and it rains, they'll become distressed and throw a tantrum with feathers flying about! I was wondering why she was making so much noise!
Mad Poster
#4833 Old Yesterday at 4:22 AM
That's awesome lazzy! Now I want to see that.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Page 194 of 194