Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 4:15 AM Last edited by Ramona3x3 : 28th Aug 2016 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife
Default [SOLVED] A Curious Conundrum with my Downloads Folder...
I've been pretty seasoned with the Sims and downloading custom content. Thanks to members on this site who answered my stupid beginner inquiries, I've been very successful with safely integrating custom content into my game many times.

I recently moved my entire game (TS2, with Nightlife) from my desktop to my laptop computer, and I've noticed that my downloads folder in Program Files (x86)>EA GAMES>The Sims is literally nowhere to be found. However, the custom content I had put in my game earlier (when using my desktop computer) was still present in-game, and not glitching at all.

I'm wondering what might have caused this, and how I could install other custom content (I tried the method of creating a new "Downloads" folder to no avail) onto my game. Maybe you lot can help me again...?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 4:38 AM
Your download folder should be in Documents> EA Games> The Sims 2 not under program files 86 which is your installation files. Some cc might show up if placed there but that is not where your download folder goes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Your download folder should be in Documents> EA Games> The Sims 2 not under program files 86 which is your installation files. Some cc might show up if placed there but that is not where your download folder goes.

Thank you! I shortly realized the problem after I posted this, but I forgot to take this thread down!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 10:59 PM
It's frowned on to delete threads, especially under help. Adding solved in brackets is correct protocol.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It's frowned on to delete threads, especially under help. Adding solved in brackets is correct protocol.

Well... I wouldn't say frowned upon but it *is* better to leave threads up, especially if there is info in it that's hard to find or newly discovered. That said - if one wants to delete their threads they're more than welcome to.

Note: Threads do get pruned every so often by those with admin/mod powers, but they're checked first to make sure there's no important info in them. If you ever see a thread that's been edited by me to add "Keep.." in some form by me? That's why I did it, to make sure that it doesn't get deleted when the moon is in the right phase every other Thursday in years that a black cat crossed the road in front of Delphy. (But only if it's an even year. If it's an odd year we have to wait until a white cat chases a mouse in front of a black car on the 3rd Friday of the month.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 2:23 AM
Not in the rules, it's more an unspoken rule here among members (at least on the sims 2 boards) that you don't go around deleting your help or WCI threads. It's not looked upon favorably. Do it more than a couple of times and someone will start making mention of it, I can think of a few just a couple of months back.

~Call me Jo~