Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Replies: 142 (Who?), Viewed: 9442 times. | You are currently not a member of this group. Would you like to join it now?
Page 6 of 6
Forum Resident
#126 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 10:59 PM
@Amura Oh, so sorry to hear that you lost this rounds Pictures

You noted that your Challenge Score was 176, with Karnnh Dukrarn-Walker being a new hybrid. So how is your challenge going?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#127 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 12:23 PM
Well, I guess it's no big deal, but I feel so silly because I meant to move them to their folder and I deleted them instead. If it was not enough, I decided to permanently delete everything from the bin, which I hardly ever do.
At least this won't damage my game or corrupt my files or anything of that sort XD

The challenge is doing well, I suppose.
I added the whole points thing to try it out. I had never played with points in mind so I wanted to test it, but I don't think it suits my playstyle much. I mean, I write it them down, but other than that I ignore them all the time.
For me the whole point of this challenge was seeing alien genetics playing an important role, so I could have several generations of little green ones. Which as you know does not need any kind of challenge, but that was my excuse :D
The points are a way to limit my interference and not add too many extra aliens (which would make the points count drop) but I had no need at all so far. In fact I have plenty of green skinned residents
Forum Resident
#128 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 9:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amura
Well, I guess it's no big deal, but I feel so silly because I meant to move them to their folder and I deleted them instead. If it was not enough, I decided to permanently delete everything from the bin, which I hardly ever do.
At least this won't damage my game or corrupt my files or anything of that sort XD

The challenge is doing well, I suppose.
I added the whole points thing to try it out. I had never played with points in mind so I wanted to test it, but I don't think it suits my playstyle much. I mean, I write it them down, but other than that I ignore them all the time.
For me the whole point of this challenge was seeing alien genetics playing an important role, so I could have several generations of little green ones. Which as you know does not need any kind of challenge, but that was my excuse :D
The points are a way to limit my interference and not add too many extra aliens (which would make the points count drop) but I had no need at all so far. In fact I have plenty of green skinned residents

@Amura I am glad that your game is going well.

I love to see how the Alien Genetics work in my game as well.

I limit how many extra Aliens I might add by thinking of how much work it was when I added several recently. Acckk, I don't plan to do it again anytime soon.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#129 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 3:50 PM
Hehe, my population is usually quite limited, I don't like huge hoods - because rotations take too long - so I don't think I'm ever adding MANY aliens (or any other Sims for the case) at a time.
A household, yes, that might be. But not more.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#130 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 4:11 PM
Oh, a Bigfoot! I do love them. Especially when they bring gifts home!

Poor Callista, she really looked reluctant to go! That's how I'll be.

I've never used romancemod- I'll have to try it out. It sounds like it could be useful and make things work a little differently to the EA default.

Roger and J'Kepp Walker certainly have a full house- good job they are managing!

Great updates @Amura I enjoyed reading as usual!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#131 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 6:13 PM
Bigfoot brings gifts home? Like what? Huge stones? XD
My very first time playing one, so I don't really know much about them, and I don't think I'm falling in love with them...
I have a similar feeling with the servos, they are too "easy" in some weird sense.

Romancemod is great, I've tried some mods that removed the whole jealousy aspect and they were a bit more boring, but this one is kinda neat.

Roger and J'Kepp indeed have a full house, although none of them actually wanted a large family - the twins were an accident (aka abduction) and Jess and James were born to please the grandparents. Who are the ones paying the bills anyway :D

I've just finished another rotation, I hope to post about it soon!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#132 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 6:17 PM
Btw @simsample, I've just seen your Bluehaven hood - it's really beautiful.
Wanted to ask: is it a populated hood or an empty one?
Forum Resident
#133 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 6:24 PM
Quote:
Bigfoot brings gifts home? Like what? Huge stones? XD
My very first time playing one, so I don't really know much about them, and I don't think I'm falling in love with them...
I have a similar feeling with the servos, they are too "easy" in some weird sense.

Romancemod is great, I've tried some mods that removed the whole jealousy aspect and they were a bit more boring, but this one is kinda neat.

Roger and J'Kepp indeed have a full house, although none of them actually wanted a large family - the twins were an accident (aka abduction) and Jess and James were born to please the grandparents. Who are the ones paying the bills anyway :D

I've just finished another rotation, I hope to post about it soon!

I have played a couple of Families with a Bigfoot in them and Bigfoot frequently brings something home.

I like to have a Bigfoot in one of my Sim's Family every so often. Me I love Servos especially after I learned to turn them into human looking Androids, though I limit how many I have in the game. There is a mod that changes how many Skills Bigfoot has, you might like that better.

Edit: Oh and I am looking forward to your post on your most recent rotation @Amura

#134 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 6:30 PM
Quote:
Btw @simsample, I've just seen your Bluehaven hood - it's really beautiful.
Wanted to ask: is it a populated hood or an empty one?

Thanks! It's empty.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#135 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 6:35 PM
Oh, that mod sounds like a great idea. It's not here at MTS, right? Didn't find it... Got a link by any chance?
I might in fact edit this current bigfoot so he has lower skill levels, he's just too perfect to be true :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#136 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 6:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Thanks! It's empty.

Good. I might - eventually - give it a try, it is so beautiful and I lack the time to build and design hoods right now.

Is it still under testing? Or have you uploaded a final version somewhere?
#137 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 7:13 PM
Well, my daughter and I have both played it extensively, and others have reported to me that they haven't found anything wrong with it, but I've been too lazy/busy/distracted to upload it properly.

ETA: The bigfoot mod is here:
http://sims.jfade.com/index.php?category=1&subcat=2
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#138 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 7:38 PM
Default Rotation #08d
Okay, here I go with the rotation summary.

Vradia Zadra finally bought a house.
He does not like loneliness and - as expected - asked his son Arvian to move in with him.

Having Arvian around is nice, but still he feels so lonely sometimes.
He met Sophie Walker, his former door-to-door neighbour, also a widow. And, well, feelings that did not expected appeared all of a sudden.

On the other hand Arvian is a flirt and never minds about dating a girl... or two.
He was out at night. In the club he met Kay and gave her a friendly kiss or two, then he went ahead and flirted with LaShawn (who met in a blind date Kay had set up in the previous rotation). Had a great time, although some of the guys around thought he was nuts XD

Rivia is Vradia's second child. And has just made him a grandparent!
Little Daniella Lowe was just born - and she looks absolutely human. Looking forward seeing her grow up, wondering if she'll be as beautiful as her mom.

Also Derrick (Rivia's husband, Daniella's father) has just grown up.
Now that he's an elder and a father, will he finally get serious and stop flirting every time he has a chance?

More babies were born!
One of them was Lack Walker, first daughter of Christian (hence Sophie's grandchild) and Klaav (hence Lorna's and Vaklin's grandchild).

Christian's twin Marjorie also gave birth in this rotation, first girl after giving birth to three boys.
She has alien features (yay!) because her father is a pure breed alien.

This family has double celebration because Karnnh just became a toddler, and the entire Walker family was invited to celebrate.

Roger Walker and his wife J'Kepp also have a toddler and threw a birthday party - little James is such a cutie!

In the meantime Eleanor Walker keeps meeting men, befriending them and eventually seducing them. Her social life is so intense!

Let's see what the younger ones are at.
In college Prid White-Entayta is enjoying her time indeed, lately she's been dating Professor Christopher.

Kliive Gorge just moved into college (haven't been played yet so no pics), and will be Prid's roommate.
Kliive is Vilkaa's son (and also late James Walker's, although this is not public) but he's grown up in as one more of the Entayta-Gorge children.
Prod Entayta was not the most caring of parents but he was not unkind either, and they all will miss him now that he's gone.
After Prod's death and Kliive leaving for college, the family apartment seems kinda empty... specially because Disarp and Vrodde are mostly busy with adolescent love
Disarp is in love with Jappung Daeli-Jobs (daughter of J'Kepp).

And Vrodde developed feelings for Aryana Baker.

And this all about the sentimental life of my Sims.
I'll just finish with a picture of a burglar stealing Haern Dukrarn's car! Damn!

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#139 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 7:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Well, my daughter and I have both played it extensively, and others have reported to me that they haven't found anything wrong with it, but I've been too lazy/busy/distracted to upload it properly.

ETA: The bigfoot mod is here:
http://sims.jfade.com/index.php?category=1&subcat=2

No wonder, it must be a lot of work uploading such a huge work.
I mean, I'm too lazy to even upload a single building, a whole hood seems soooo much!

Thanks, I'll be downloading it right away.
Forum Resident
#140 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 10:44 AM
@Amura
Great Post. I noticed that you had some births and some birthday parties, cool.

Lots of Aliens and a new Alien baby, quite cool. I love the pictures they were great.

Looking forward to the next rotation.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#141 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 7:05 PM
Yeah, I like having birthday parties and invite the whole family - so I make sure the kids know their grandparents and other relatives.
But lately I'm having quite "bad" parties because the kid grows up automatically - not using the cake - and that does not count towards being a "birthday party"

Yeah, one little green one.
Not much luck with the next generation, though, so far my hybrids tend to have human offspring.
Forum Resident
#142 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 5:21 AM
Quote:
Yeah, I like having birthday parties and invite the whole family - so I make sure the kids know their grandparents and other relatives.
But lately I'm having quite "bad" parties because the kid grows up automatically - not using the cake - and that does not count towards being a "birthday party"

Yeah, one little green one.
Not much luck with the next generation, though, so far my hybrids tend to have human offspring.

A Human and a Hybrid would have a 50% chance I think of having a baby with Alien Skin. With a separate 50% chance of Alien Eyes.

For Birthday Parties, you sort of have to keep track of when they age up. Simlogical has an object mod that is called "Days Left" it is a shrub that displays how many days are left for Sims and Pets, very handy it is.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#143 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 8:47 AM
I always keep an eye on "days left".
I think that sort of object is useful if you want to know about elders (which I don't), everyone else you can just check in their bars.

My problem is that I don't want to grow them up before 18:00 (because at that our the counter will move, as if they had lived a full day, and de-sync my game) but after that hour you must direct them quickly to the bday cake, or they might simply grow up on their own.
I'm trying to throw parties for their bdays (specially the little ones, so they meet their relatives) and they are all growing up before they go to the cake, hence having awful parties.
I guess my micro-managing skills are rusty XD

Yep, I know about the chance...
In my game human+hybrid couples had 4 babies. All of them absolutely human.
Such an streak of human skin has only a 6'25% chance! (50% four times), same goes for eyes, and having both combined goes down to about 4%.
Not impossible, but damn it, bad luck.

Good thing is that the hybrid+hybrid couples have a higher chance of alien babies, and I already have one (Ray & Vivian).
Also the Entayta Gorge kids are both pure alien, since both their parents were, and there is a chance that J'Kepp twins from abduction also are pure alien (I could check but I prefer being surprised).

Page 6 of 6