Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #2 - posted on 10th Aug 2017 at 2:58 PM
Replies: 23 (Who?), Viewed: 1029 times.
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 8:50 PM Last edited by Goldenbtrfly : 12th Jun 2017 at 10:01 AM.
Default WCIF - Buyable Pizza & Buyable Pottery [Solved]
I'm looking for a buyable pizza (and perhaps Chinese food) mod that is compatible with all the expansions and usable on residential and community lots. The one on MTS seems to not be buyable on community lots, and the one on Sim a Little Dream a Lot says it is not for use if you have Bon Voyage or Free Time. So, yeah... I'm also looking for a mod which enables the bad/poorly crafted versions craftable pottery to be displayed on ANY lots. (I already have the buyable GOOD pottery from HugeLunatic. ) I'd appreciate any help! Thank you.

EDIT: Still would love to find that spawnable/buyable Maxis pizza.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 9:55 PM
Does the food need to be edible? I know I have extracted chinese food and pizza boxes from somewhere, but they are deco only.

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools) Plus! TS2:UNI careers enabled for teens: Here at simbology
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 10:03 PM Last edited by Goldenbtrfly : 11th Jun 2017 at 10:37 PM.
Default clarity
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsfreq
Does the food need to be edible? I know I have extracted chinese food and pizza boxes from somewhere, but they are deco only.


I would love for it to be, honestly. It may not even be possible to do, but thanks for asking. I think I have those deco ones too by Aikea-Guinea.
I think Exnem's pizza can be placed on community lots. I'll just use those. I wanted CC free, but sometimes you just can't.
I'll leave this up though in case someone finds something out there on the pottery!
Alchemist
#4 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 11:04 PM
Okay. Well, good luck!

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools) Plus! TS2:UNI careers enabled for teens: Here at simbology
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 11:18 PM
Here's the evil pottery. Don't forget to put it in Program Files > Latest EP > Bins
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 2:52 AM
@simsfreq - No, thank YOU for the suggestion. That made me start thinking about pizza I CAN buy and eat.

@shastakiss - OMGosh, thank you so much!!! Now pottery beginners can know what horrors they too shall produce.
Theorist
#7 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 3:19 AM
Have not tried it yet, but there is pizza buffet on Simwardrobe.
Quote:
Modular Automatic Pizza Buffet Table

This unique buffet table system will allow you to serve pizza as a buffet style meal. Multiple units may be combined to form an extended buffet table of any length. The buffet table pieces may be restocked manually or can be set to automatically refill when they are empty. On business lots the table can be set to charge for meals. This table will link up with the original modular automatic buffet table to form one seamless unit.
Version 2.0 Update: The table was rebuilt on a new base to make it recolorable. Because of this the pizza buffet now requires the standard buffet in order to work. The object functionality is the same. The same recolors that show up for the standard buffet also show up for the pizza buffet.

Requires the Open For Business expansion pack.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 3:58 AM
Does Simwardrobe's automatic pizza buffet table work on unowned community lots? All I've ever seen about it seems to imply that someone has to activate it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 4:23 AM Last edited by Goldenbtrfly : 12th Jun 2017 at 5:35 AM.
I've got that too, Annaminna! It's a good alternative as well if I'm going to use CC anyway!

@jain - You do have to have someone activate it (if on a residential lot), but it can be on unowned community lots. Just be sure the person who activates it has money to do so!
Annaminna is right about it not charging to activate or eat on community lots! Good catch, @Annaminna!

(Post was edited for credit and clarity.)
Theorist
#10 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 4:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jain
Does Simwardrobe's automatic pizza buffet table work on unowned community lots? All I've ever seen about it seems to imply that someone has to activate it.


Just tried it out fast. You don't need a sim to activate it. It has auto-refill option. And pizza seems to be for free. Charge for money seems to work only on owned lots.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 4:38 PM
If you look at Mootilda's MoosMews tiny 1x1 community lots, there is a pizza in the Pizza lot. I'm pretty sure it's in the download file, not 100% sure since it's been awhile, but it also might show up in buy catalog.

This site also has the SEDD Lot Setup, mailbox, trash can and a pizza box. Pretty sure this is base game for the mail and trash, since it's a collection file, I'm not sure how you can get the pizza from it. Possibly putting the file through Sims2Pack cleaner, or add the collection and delete the mail and trash for higher EPs?? I don't have the pizza anymore and would also like it. (:

EDIT: In Mootilda's lot descriptions she mentions the pizza from this post: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=131127

“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Jonas Salk, biologist Sums it up, really!
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 5:49 PM
@Duine - Thanks for the suggestions.
a) I can sure try downloading Mootilda's pizza lot and see what happens with it possibly showing up from that.
b) SEDD is the one I mentioned that said not to use it, but I can download it and see if anything can be separated in my testing game.
c) In the comments, Simmers expressed that after BV the collection files don't work anymore from Frillen. Is this untrue?
Now what dammit?
staff: moderator
#13 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 8:43 PM
Regarding the pizza on Moo's lot - it might simply be that she spawned one. I did that with stuff in Polgannon - spawned things like magazines that aren't normally available in the catalogues. The thing is, they exist in everyone's game so they will turn up when you download the neighbourhood because your game already has the code to recognise them - or lot in this case. It doesn't put them in a catalogue though.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 3:18 AM
@Goldenbtrfly Don't think I ever used Frillen's and if I had the SEDD it was probably prior to getting whatever EPs I didn't own at the time.

Thanks, Maxon, good to know. (:

“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Jonas Salk, biologist Sums it up, really!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 4:54 AM
This is from a past theme at GOS (recently revamped, still a work in progress):
PenelopeT extracted Exnem's burgers, pizza, chicken bucket and made a pancake vending cart as a download:

http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...26134#msg726134

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 6:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
Regarding the pizza on Moo's lot - it might simply be that she spawned one. I did that with stuff in Polgannon - spawned things like magazines that aren't normally available in the catalogues. The thing is, they exist in everyone's game so they will turn up when you download the neighbourhood because your game already has the code to recognise them - or lot in this case. It doesn't put them in a catalogue though.


@maxon - Is that easy to do? Spawn a pizza? I'm very ignorant when it comes to things like that, I'm afraid.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
This is from a past theme at GOS (recently revamped, still a work in progress):
PenelopeT extracted Exnem's burgers, pizza, chicken bucket and made a pancake vending cart as a download:

http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...26134#msg726134


Actually, I did not extract or make any of the food items. All functionality of the food items are by, Exnem. I merely edited their files to update the look of the packaging designs on the food items/pancake cart (I prefer Simlish on everything), as the color choices and designs on the original items were a little dated and bright for my taste.

Exnem, gets complete credit.

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

Random creations I've shared at GoS can be found by browsing through my latest posts.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 6:14 AM
I dont know if this is what you're after but the pizza shop at Simconnection has a decorative pile of pizza boxes which maybe you could sell in a business?
http://svs.paysites.mustbedestroyed...go_pizza_place/
Mad Poster
#19 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 3:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenelopeT
Actually, I did not extract or make any of the food items. All functionality of the food items are by, Exnem. I merely edited their files to update the look of the packaging designs on the food items/pancake cart (I prefer Simlish on everything), as the color choices and designs on the original items were a little dated and bright for my taste.

Exnem, gets complete credit.


I tried to alter those burger boxes, but I ran into a problem where the new uv mapping wouldn't stick on the individual boxes. Did you run into that and if so, how did you fix it?
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 3:48 PM Last edited by PenelopeT : 17th Jun 2017 at 1:52 PM.
Charity, no, I did not run into any issues editing any of the files.

Currently at the office, but will come back an update you on exactly what I did...when I home and get a chance to fire up SimPE. Sort of hard to visualize everything without it right in front of me, and I don't want to give you the wrong information.


Edit:

@Charity

So, I took a look at SimPE...finally. Where you trying to create your own packages, or just edit, Exnem's? I chose to edit the texture image of the original files, since I did not need multiple sets of each food item, or more than one type of design.

All I did was go through and look at each file to see if I would need to make more than one burger box template, and one tray template to use - luckily I did not have to.

- Added the new box and tray design to the texture image of every file (main and piece) that had a burger box and tray texture image
- Made sure to click Update all Sizes, fix TGI, Update all Sizes (again), Commit and then Save each texture image that was edited
- Some of the burgers are served on a plate (burger 009 for example), so those only required texture editing of its main file, and not the piece file

Hope this makes sense, it's pretty early here and I haven't worked out, had tea, or my breakfast smoothie yet. So...zombie mode.

So (you or anyone else), let me know if something does not make sense.

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

Random creations I've shared at GoS can be found by browsing through my latest posts.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 8:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenelopeT
Charity, no, I did not run into any issues editing any of the files.

Currently at the office, but will come back an update you on exactly what I did...when I home and get a chance to fire up SimPE. Sort of hard to visualize everything without it right in front of me, and I don't want to give you the wrong information.


Edit:

@Charity

So, I took a look at SimPE...finally. Where you trying to create your own packages, or just edit, Exnem's? I chose to edit the texture image of the original files, since I did not need multiple sets of each food item, or more than one type of design.

All I did was go through and look at each file to see if I would need to make more than one burger box template, and one tray template to use - luckily I did not have to.

- Added the new box and tray design to the texture image of every file (main and piece) that had a burger box and tray texture image
- Made sure to click Update all Sizes, fix TGI, Update all Sizes (again), Commit and then Save each texture image that was edited
- Some of the burgers are served on a plate (burger 009 for example), so those only required texture editing of its main file, and not the piece file

Hope this makes sense, it's pretty early here and I haven't worked out, had tea, or my breakfast smoothie yet. So...zombie mode.

So (you or anyone else), let me know if something does not make sense.


I was trying to edit Exnem's. Looks like the problem may be with editing the mesh. It was UV map changes I made in Milkshape that weren't sticking. Just texture replacement was fine; but the placement on the single burger box kept reverting to the original. Thanks anyway; some day I will figure it out! XD
Field Researcher
#22 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 2:17 PM
@Goldenbtrfly I have a buyable and eatable pizza in my game. Can't say where I have it from, but can share:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bfzzh...olorenabled.rar
Added some pics for info. (Have all eps, sps and works without any problems in my game)
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 2:33 PM Last edited by Goldenbtrfly : 19th Jun 2017 at 2:55 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaterMikesch77
@Goldenbtrfly I have a buyable and eatable pizza in my game. Can't say where I have it from, but can share:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bfzzh...olorenabled.rar
Added some pics for info. (Have all eps, sps and works without any problems in my game)


@KaterMikesch77
Very cool, thank you! Does this show up on community lots as well? That's what I really want it for!
EDIT: I'll check in game in a few.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 3:00 PM
I think its not. And I don't know if there is a cheat for that, I always change the type of my lots and back when I'm done, cause there many things that not buyable on community lots.
Back to top