Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 5:28 AM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 20th Jul 2017 at 7:56 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, University Life, Island Paradise
Default onedrive and sims 3 issue
computer information: intel core i-57200u cpu 2.50 ghz 2.70 ghz/ 8.00 gb ram/64 bit /windows 10
sims 3 =expansion packs is sims university,world adventures,high end stuff,island paradise

the issue is that my saved games wont load on the sims 3.all my saved games are in a file but for some reason everything is one drive.when i moved the files from onedrive to my computer I ended up having the issue still.I tried to just move the whole folder to my documents on my C drive, which is the same drive the Sims 3 is installed on. The problem is that Sims can't find the files when they aren't on my OneDrive, so I had to move them back for sims 3 to work properly, but there aren't space for the folder if it has to save a game.Is there any way for the game to recognize my saved game files?.one of my files pop up but it blank and it says that it cant load because the install back isnt on the hard drive when it is.can someone help please asap
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 2:55 PM
Temporarily move that folder to your desktop, or to another spot where it's easy to find. If the game is currently under the impression that you wanted to put your files in One Drive, it needs to stop seeing One Drive. Shut One Drive down completely before starting the game. Now it should only have your Documents folder. It will make a new folder in Documents for your User Files. (And you need to let the game make it if it has had trouble finding the right place.)

Now move the contents of your folder to the one in Documents. And leave One Drive shut down when you are playing the game. If you don't have any real need for it, you can keep it deactivated permanently.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 7:56 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Temporarily move that folder to your desktop, or to another spot where it's easy to find. If the game is currently under the impression that you wanted to put your files in One Drive, it needs to stop seeing One Drive. Shut One Drive down completely before starting the game. Now it should only have your Documents folder. It will make a new folder in Documents for your User Files. (And you need to let the game make it if it has had trouble finding the right place.)

Now move the contents of your folder to the one in Documents. And leave One Drive shut down when you are playing the game. If you don't have any real need for it, you can keep it deactivated permanently.

i have tried that but when i started the game my saed games are gone.i have the files from one drive and tried to put it back in my saves folder .i even changed the backup to sims3 and it still wont work at all
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 9:41 PM
here is the latest update .i decided to start over but keept the saved files from other games.i have deleted all games and reinstalled them back.i updated origin and everything .the problem i have now is that the game keeps saying error message says there something wrong with them recomannded to restart the application.i replaced the backp with sim3 and i still get the error.i have deactivated onedrive since i dont need it.
Site Helper
#6 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 3:58 AM
When you uninstalled and reinstalled, did you make sure that the registry was clear of the old game before you reinstalled?

Maybe @igazor can figure out how to get it working again.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook