Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 1:27 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Pets, Seasons, Apartment Life
Default Sim's Parent is somehow the Grim Reaper?
I don't know if it's a glitch or a sign of corruption or something I missed, but while looking at my sim's family tree I saw that his mom (who was a townie before she was married) is the child of the Grim Reaper and has no other parent. What could cause this? I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case when I played the family last month.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 1:45 AM
Moving to help, this is the chat section. That does not sound good, do you have a backup?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Moving to help, this is the chat section. That does not sound good, do you have a backup?

I do, but even that backup was glitchy. I've been playing this game file for 7+ years, so if it's over it's over I guess lol
Forum Resident
#4 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 9:41 AM
You should run HoodChecker on that neighborhood first if you haven't already. That won't fix the reaper parent, but it will fix any small errors that have accumulated and it might show you if there's anything wrong with your neighborhood.

I'd also check your objects.package (the Sims 2 folder in Program Files, found under TSData/Res/Objects) to see if it has been changed recently. If it has, your whole game is doomed, if it hasn't everything's fine.

People on here have played corrupted neighborhoods for years and there's tutorials on how you can rebuild a doomed neighborhood, so as long as you make regular backups, nothing prevents you from playing that neighborhood for seven more years.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
You should run HoodChecker on that neighborhood first if you haven't already. That won't fix the reaper parent, but it will fix any small errors that have accumulated and it might show you if there's anything wrong with your neighborhood.

I'd also check your objects.package (the Sims 2 folder in Program Files, found under TSData/Res/Objects) to see if it has been changed recently. If it has, your whole game is doomed, if it hasn't everything's fine.

People on here have played corrupted neighborhoods for years and there's tutorials on how you can rebuild a doomed neighborhood, so as long as you make regular backups, nothing prevents you from playing that neighborhood for seven more years.

How will I know if something's been changed in the objects package? I never check any of that stuff. I've run HoodChecker and it's been working for the errors I've been getting lately. It's just frustrating having to back up so much data on multiple external drives when I run it lol
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 2:00 AM
The date will tell you, an old date means nothing got altered a new date says something has.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#7 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 6:25 AM
The dates for the UC are different, mine go up to 2011. Since that's before I got my current computer, I'll still assume everything's fine, just as a hint before someone starts to panic. :D
Instructor
#8 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 6:05 PM
Was it the Ottomas family twins? I've heard that's a common glitch with them.