Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 2:09 AM
Default I removed corrupted cc and now my game won't start
After I updated my game with Laundry Day Stuff, my mods were turned off automatically. So I turned them back on and exited my game. Then as I was restarting I got a message saying the game wouldn't load with a specific file, so I removed that. Now, anytime I try and start the game nothing happens. If I try to start it twice sometimes I'll get a little error message saying that I need to run it as administrator/while the origin client isn't running, and I'll do that, but it still won't work. Otherwise, I don't have anything to go on. Thanks guys!
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#2 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 7:23 PM
In such circumstances it would be best to create a new Sims 4 folder, as it sounds like your current one has been corrupted by the bad mods/CC, even after they have been removed.

Make sure to remove/backup your save folder, mods folder, tray folder - if there's anything of worth in there for you, your options and settings ini files, even your screenshots folder - if you have pics you wish to keep.

Then nuke the main Sims 4 folder. Start game and it will build a fresh Sims 4 folder. Quit game and replace all other folders and files, making sure your mods folder only has known, safe, working mods for your patch level. It would not hurt to also have Origin run a quick Fix Game at this stage.

Then start up game and try loading your most recent save. Hopefully it should all be back on track for you.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots